Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Mobile Mining exists at all? - page 4. (Read 401 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 1
November 24, 2019, 11:22:45 AM
Some humsters are really believe what they can mine something on their phone. Thats simple
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263
November 24, 2019, 11:19:18 AM
A mobile phone might be broken if we are using it to mine coin excessively(running the cpu 100% or something like that), but in this case(electroneum) they do not need to use all of the cpu which is fine for the phone(for some time). why they advertise it?
it is because mining using a mining hardware cost us more and it needs a lot of electricity which is not sustainable for the future, by using the mobile phone we do not need that much money, resources to mine it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 71
November 24, 2019, 11:12:12 AM
The mobile phone is not made for mining is already hard mine with a CPU even some GPU have become obsolete so with the mobile phone is very hard
Activity: 1764
Merit: 280
November 24, 2019, 10:46:33 AM
We all know that mobile phones are a delicate pieces of gadgets. As mining is a hectic task for computers, the devices we use should be able to sustain the load and be equally worth of resources at the same time. So for such a task, indeed they will serve us for a shorter period of time when we compare their service time with a PC.

There are some coins which can also be mined with mobile and one of those coins is ELECTRONEUM. I have read the reviews made by different users of electroneum mining app and they concluded that they get approx 5-6 electroneum coins per day. So with current market price it is less than 100 sat a day with internet, electricity and wear tare costs of the device. If why would someone risk the smartphone for just 6 elec a day?

So why companies advertise their coins with describing mobile mining as a benefit? Make your coin enough valuable that miners leave other coins for your coin mining. Or otherwise companies should leave this idea.

Trying to mine a crypto from mobile is a suicidal act for the hardware.
Electroneum on the other hand is not mining through mobile. It's just a mining simulator. It's an Electroneum faucet that gives you the sense of mining from mobile. It's not a resource heavy app. Pi is a similar app that uses virtual mining to give you rewards in their tokens.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Life's but a walking shadow!
November 24, 2019, 10:19:55 AM
For me any coin that can be mined with a mobile phone is a shitcoin, those mining this coin you mentioned probably have hopes that the price of the coin could go up in years to come, but if we are to be honest with ourselves, we know it would probably not happen.

Yes I know It was easier to mine bitcoins before, but that is the bitcoin, look at its use case, it was a super product from day one, it just needed time, but this altcoins today isn't any of that, and mining this coin or any of them is going to be a waste of time.
Activity: 136
Merit: 12
November 24, 2019, 10:12:16 AM
We all know that mobile phones are a delicate pieces of gadgets. As mining is a hectic task for computers, the devices we use should be able to sustain the load and be equally worth of resources at the same time. So for such a task, indeed they will serve us for a shorter period of time when we compare their service time with a PC.

There are some coins which can also be mined with mobile and one of those coins is ELECTRONEUM. I have read the reviews made by different users of electroneum mining app and they concluded that they get approx 5-6 electroneum coins per day. So with current market price it is less than 100 sat a day with internet, electricity and wear tare costs of the device. If why would someone risk the smartphone for just 6 elec a day?

So why companies advertise their coins with describing mobile mining as a benefit? Make your coin enough valuable that miners leave other coins for your coin mining. Or otherwise companies should leave this idea.
Pages:
Jump to: