Pages:
Author

Topic: why most alt coins price is dropping down? - page 3. (Read 2336 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 120
October 20, 2017, 06:38:49 AM
Anyone knows why most alt coins price is dropping down?

i invest in many coins (+10) and all of them are dropping.
is this happens with all alt coins or only with ones i invested in ?
It is real, many altcoin price are dropping down maybe because there a hardfork coming this october. And every coin get affected. But for me there's nothing to worry because after this hardfork maybe the price of altcoin will gain its price and surpass their past value.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
October 20, 2017, 05:24:47 AM

Nothing usual when the price of alt coins are dropping, it's either there is a btc event like hard fork and we are near to the 2nd hard fork for this year that will happen on October 25.

And next month before the real test which is another hard fork we will see the price of alt coins are going down again, everyone will be buying bitcoin on that moment just like what's happening today.

It's not a coincidence that the coins that you are holding mostly are dropping because it's a normal wave of market, just hold them.

I reckon your points, hard fork makes most altcoins price down, which is very normal, people want to get free coins-bitcoin gold or other forks, so they sell alts. But they will buy in after hard fork.

Alt coins price are always dropping whether it's hard fork or not, the market is always movable and also bitcoin is.

And let's see the market of alt coins after these two hard forks for sure there will be still a price movement and it can possibly go up and later on will drop.

Be used to the market as it's just a matter of up and down, this is how the market works for cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 20, 2017, 02:55:12 AM

The idea is that currently due to the bitcoin hard fork people are selling altcoins and buying bitcoin. Just to stockpile their bitcoin to get a load of bitcoin gold after the fork. I personally dont believe in this because though this is true but still people know that dumping bitcoin gold will have very low profits. Just that being a new coin getting airdropped to everyone's wallet, it gives some free money. However there has been a small crash in bitcoin price yesterday as well. So I cannot vouch for this idea that the fork is the reason for dumping of every altcoin.

Solid argument. the altcoins are bleeding as everyone is chasing to load up on BTC to benefit from the upcoming fork. However, my worry is how much will the bitcoin gold be worth after the fork. Is it worth the high price that btc has risen with in the past 2 weeks?
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
October 20, 2017, 02:49:16 AM
Because people started to exchange their altcoins to bitcoin. They want to have bitcoin gold during fork. After fork they will start buying altcoins again and they will recover quickly.

Not only gold. This is only a small part. There two or three segregations of bitcoin follows, In November.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
October 20, 2017, 02:38:10 AM
When you invest your money in cryptocurrency expect the price dump and pump. But these days because of bitcoin price become increase the value the altcoins drops. Altcoins usually will recover and increase the value so choose the right to invest and wait to grow.
Activity: 616
Merit: 124
October 20, 2017, 02:20:48 AM
Because people started to exchange their altcoins to bitcoin. They want to have bitcoin gold during fork. After fork they will start buying altcoins again and they will recover quickly.
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
October 20, 2017, 02:12:30 AM
I guess the price of alt coins are dropping because of the success of bitcoin, since majority of people are more interested in bitcoin investment they did not give much emphasis in alts and because of that the market for alts drops as well as their value. It may also due to the upcoming hard fork which will divert the market of bitcoin as well as affecting the market of alt coins.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
October 20, 2017, 02:02:51 AM
with bitcoin price stabilizing once again, we can see the altcoins are also becoming stable and starting to rise once again. although the pumped altcoins like ETH are still getting dumped and what we see now is the dead cat bounces for those altcoins.

you have to hope for bitcoin to stay at this price and not move much so that altcoins can start their rises. otherwise if bitcoin starts moving again, falling or rising, altcoins will continue to fall down more.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 20, 2017, 01:11:11 AM
Most altcoin prices are dropping down because with the passage of time the demand and supply of specific currency changes occurs and due to this all market forces the prices are up and down. For this time if we look at the current situation so in the couple of days many other crypto currencies have come to the market and because of that many altcoin users have shifted their money to other crypto currencies and that’s decrease in demand and increase in supple drop down these currencies.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Play2Live presale starts on 25th January
October 20, 2017, 01:09:17 AM

Now there is some kind of uncertainty, therefore, there is not much investment in coins, that's why the price falls. One bitkoin everyone likes, and everyone waits, when there will be a limit. Everyone is just selling other coins for his sake, but I hope everything will be fixed soon.
Activity: 189
October 20, 2017, 12:55:10 AM
In my own opinion,  altcoins are in red flags because of the bitcoin fork. Lots of people are selling their altcoins to have bitcoin gold on the 25th. For me this is a good time for buying altcoins as it may increase after the fork.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
October 19, 2017, 11:49:10 PM
Many reasons why Alt coins are dumping.  People sell to get into BTC for the upcoming fork.  Also, most of the alt coins have already pumped and have to make it through their cycle... basically going flat as they find their floor. 
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006
October 19, 2017, 11:46:57 PM

We are just 5 days away from the October 25 event which is the hard fork. Some Altcoin holder would like to receive Bitcoin Gold airdrop and for them to receive BCG, they need BTC in their wallets. So if they have Altcoins now, they will sell those alts and wait until fork is over. That's why alts price are falling, its like nobody wants it for now. But, if you don't want to receive BCG, you can take this as an opportunity to buy Alts at low price. This is also the reason why BTC price is up.
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
bông
October 19, 2017, 11:41:17 PM
This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.
Because people are selling altcoin and buy Bitcoin then they waiting for segx2 and getting free BTG.
Maybe altcoin will rise again when near segx2 or later. I think you should stock some Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
October 19, 2017, 11:23:13 PM
This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.

i know there is fork for bitcoins.
but altcoin prices was always getting down, even before they say about fork.

i want to stop investing with altcoins, and i don't feel price will get higher when fork complete.

i don't know why some people support altcoin, bitcoin is the only one which has increasing price over the years.
we should stop supporting altcoins, people will lose their money if they invest with altcoins.
It is common for the price of an altcoin to go down after an ICO because of the advertisers selling their coin to exchange as a reward for their hardwork. As I see the trend it takes up to one year to make huge profit from the coin after an ICO.
Activity: 423
Merit: 118
October 19, 2017, 09:57:53 PM

I think it's because the price of BTC is down and in this month BTC will do hardfork for BTC Gold.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
October 19, 2017, 08:25:53 PM
Like it or not, there will always be an inverse correlation between the price of bitcoin and most altcoins, so that when the price of bitcoin remains strong and growing, many investors will be taking their investments out from the altcoins to go to safety and put their capital into bitcoins. This is a very conservative way of operating in the markets, and therefore it is not surprising that it is also happening in the altcoins market.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
October 19, 2017, 07:41:48 PM
This is due to the upcoming hardfork of btc and since most of the altcoins somehow rely or makes btc as its indicator, this explains why most of them are going down. although you have to be patient with this because if not and you will your coins, you'll probably regret it because this is just temporary. Values will soon rise as soon as btc have recovered from the said fork.

I agree with you this is the reason I see why altcoins dropping down the price. The hard fork is upcoming and users tends to buy more bitcoin to have bitcoin gold. Yet, the best time to buy altcoin our chance to buy  at the cheap price because altcoin price will be high.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 19, 2017, 06:45:51 PM
This is due to the upcoming hardfork of btc and since most of the altcoins somehow rely or makes btc as its indicator, this explains why most of them are going down. although you have to be patient with this because if not and you will your coins, you'll probably regret it because this is just temporary. Values will soon rise as soon as btc have recovered from the said fork.
Activity: 124
October 19, 2017, 06:18:10 PM
any altcoin without a market will be dead in days after appearing on exchanges

no market = no reason to exist
Pages:
Jump to: