Pages:
Author

Topic: why most alt coins price is dropping down? - page 5. (Read 2336 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
October 19, 2017, 07:28:50 AM
As others have said, BTC is forking which is likely pushing alts down (and BTC up). I'd like to spend some more USD to go into altcoins, but the only way I've bought coins so far was buying BTC via coinbase and then using that to buy altcoins. But since BTC is spiking right now, should I just buy ETH and convert that to altcoins?
If you see BTC going up, and alts going down, and than you got those fees for exchanging money into BTC, and BTC into ETH (fees again) and than looking for those rare Altcoin vs. ETH markets...
Honestly, you allready know the answer. Make a stop-loss order against self stubborness, leave your funds sitting in BTC and sit out those dammned forks. Bitcoin cannot fork forever*) The better times will come.
Cut losses early, move funds into things that are obviously gaining on value.

*) actually I am not sure about that. Maybe Bitcoin's masterplan involves forking forever now?
Activity: 524
Merit: 500
October 19, 2017, 07:19:06 AM
Anyone knows why most alt coins price is dropping down?

i invest in many coins (+10) and all of them are dropping.
is this happens with all alt coins or only with ones i invested in ?

Nothing usual when the price of alt coins are dropping, it's either there is a btc event like hard fork and we are near to the 2nd hard fork for this year that will happen on October 25.

And next month before the real test which is another hard fork we will see the price of alt coins are going down again, everyone will be buying bitcoin on that moment just like what's happening today.

It's not a coincidence that the coins that you are holding mostly are dropping because it's a normal wave of market, just hold them.

I reckon your points, hard fork makes most altcoins price down, which is very normal, people want to get free coins-bitcoin gold or other forks, so they sell alts. But they will buy in after hard fork.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 07:17:44 AM
As others have said, BTC is forking which is likely pushing alts down (and BTC up). I'd like to spend some more USD to go into altcoins, but the only way I've bought coins so far was buying BTC via coinbase and then using that to buy altcoins. But since BTC is spiking right now, should I just buy ETH and convert that to altcoins?
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
October 19, 2017, 07:06:06 AM

Nothing usual when the price of alt coins are dropping, it's either there is a btc event like hard fork and we are near to the 2nd hard fork for this year that will happen on October 25.

And next month before the real test which is another hard fork we will see the price of alt coins are going down again, everyone will be buying bitcoin on that moment just like what's happening today.

It's not a coincidence that the coins that you are holding mostly are dropping because it's a normal wave of market, just hold them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
October 19, 2017, 07:03:33 AM
Good time to buy alts. If you have money and waiting time. After the forks, the price of the alt will increase.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
October 19, 2017, 06:57:59 AM

The idea is that currently due to the bitcoin hard fork people are selling altcoins and buying bitcoin. Just to stockpile their bitcoin to get a load of bitcoin gold after the fork. I personally dont believe in this because though this is true but still people know that dumping bitcoin gold will have very low profits. Just that being a new coin getting airdropped to everyone's wallet, it gives some free money. However there has been a small crash in bitcoin price yesterday as well. So I cannot vouch for this idea that the fork is the reason for dumping of every altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
October 19, 2017, 06:15:04 AM
Take a look at these threads about hardforks: thread 1, thread 2, thread 3. There is uncertainty because of forks so investors are just fear to invest.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
October 19, 2017, 06:10:47 AM
This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.

i know there is fork for bitcoins.
but altcoin prices was always getting down, even before they say about fork.

i want to stop investing with altcoins, and i don't feel price will get higher when fork complete.

i don't know why some people support altcoin, bitcoin is the only one which has increasing price over the years.
we should stop supporting altcoins, people will lose their money if they invest with altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
October 19, 2017, 06:04:42 AM
This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
October 19, 2017, 06:00:58 AM

Pages:
Jump to: