Pages:
Author

Topic: WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT TAKING THEIR PRIVACY SERIOUSLY. - page 6. (Read 789 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 272
Imagine people calling you a criminal for not keeping your money in the bank, instead you choose to keep it in Bitcoin, the next question they will throw at your face is what do you have to hide?

This is part of my own very story, it is easier for people to think that you have something you are hiding when you choose a different part, but I am very glad that Bitcoin transactions are very transparent. 

This is why I don't talk ill about those who use mixers, not all of them are criminals and they have their tangible reasons for choosing to hide their transactions, I choose to get away from my government, I don't want the bank to know my real worth, I don't want them to monitor my life and finance, this was why I choose Bitcoin, but in the eye of the government, why wouldn't they believe that I have something to hide?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
NotATether... the only bad thing about your tweet is that you use an analogy of a bank statement.. everyone knows banks mess with peoples accounts and stop suspicious transactions and send data to government

That is true and everyone does indeed know that.

But what if your neighbor asked to see your bank transaction history? Or some guy on the street? Or the bartender or waiter who is serving you? Or the taxi driver? Or anonymous people on social media?

Banks may have a business in inspecting your transaction history, because it is hosted on their infra, but random people don't have any business in looking at your financials.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 870
People don't care about privacy, as simple as ABC.
Today you'll see people who post on their facebook when they eat, where they eat, with whom their eat. They also post other their activities, what they watch, where they plan to go. You can see that millions of people post that on public. Then there we have Instagram where people post their almost nude photos, some of them even post their nude photos and upload their private intimate lives. So, tell me why do you expect from people to take care of their privacy when they use bitcoin for making transactions? Majority of bitcoin users don't even use it for the purpose of getting rid of 3rd parties and improving privacy, they use it because it's a good and cool way to earn money.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
crypto has not been deemed private property for a decade now. we all suffer the consequences of crypto being classed as legal currency instead of private property, and the financial regulations that then apply due to it

What do you say? As of today, only El Salvador and the Central African Republic have bitcoin as legal tender. In the rest of the countries it has been regulated as a financial asset.I don't see how you can conclude anything about privacy from that, which is false.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Since I'm neutral on this issue, I can only express this: "Let them use it however they want." The fact that we see the right side of this issue always assumes that it has a lot to do with negativity, but it is not entirely true because it is clear that if the freedom to use any service tool is limited, it will lose the decentralization that is inherently a premise. So the key is balance here, I can agree to things that are limited but not forced because there will still be many cases of privacy that we want to exploit. And if this problem is always looked at from a negative perspective, then I think we should catch criminals first before preventing their actions from being committed later, like we are not capable of controlling someone, and we just want them to act in the way we think is right, but right/wrong is not a way to justify this issue, and actually I also think the core issue is morality in behavior use.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
financial privacy is serious, but most people dont understand it. they just want the easy life to do as they please and think its their right that privacy should be a default right where people dont need to do anything to achieve financial privacy

crypto has not been deemed private property for a decade now. we all suffer the consequences of crypto being classed as legal currency instead of private property, and the financial regulations that then apply due to it

privacy is achievable but requires people to do something about it.

NotATether... the only bad thing about your tweet is that you use an analogy of a bank statement.. everyone knows banks mess with peoples accounts and stop suspicious transactions and send data to government
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Privacy seems to be non achievable day by day due to a lot of factors but an average Joe who lives paycheck to paycheck doesn't take it seriously because even if someone finds their identity they have nothing to lose from there.

Also, Ignorance and Influence lead to a myth that if someone is trying to hide something means it's related to illicit/unlawful activities among the people.
legendary
People think that they have something to hide because most likely there is. It's just a low percentage. You never know who uses crypto and why. You can't deny that some criminals are using crypto, the number is just hyperbolized by the government.

Samourai is a bitcoin wallet. You'd think that people who want to do illegal stuff would use mixers, not a bitcoin wallet with an obscure coordinator.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
People think that they have something to hide because most likely there is. It's just a low percentage. You never know who uses crypto and why. You can't deny that some criminals are using crypto, the number is just hyperbolized by the government.
Activity: 336
Merit: 495
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
This is very interesting.alot of members come online and speak in support of privacy but only a few of them actually take it seriously.

Most persons don't take it seriously because of laziness

Some have the feeling no harm can come to my funds

Some feel they are too careful for their privacy to leak out

Some are reluctant to using privacy tools like Bitcoin and mixers because the government is against it.besides the average Joe always wants to please the government.
legendary
[the all caps is just to get attention, this is not a rant.]

In case you missed the news, Ocean Mining ran by Jack Dorsey, luke-jr, Giacommo Zummo and some other folks are refusing to mine Samourai whirlpool transactions. But this thread is not about that. This thread is about this tweet:

Why do people think that coordinators, mixers, coinjoin software, etc.  have something to hide?

Would you sow anyone your bank account transactions just because they want to see? Is it any of their business?

People are not taking their blockchain privacy seriously enough. It wasn't too long ago that FTX users' financials were exposed in a hack!

(And follow me on X/Twitter Tongue)
Pages:
Jump to: