Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Satoshi's coins will never hit the market - page 5. (Read 5349 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
it's amazing if all this is true. but only satoshi himself knows that. we can only guess and speculate whether he still have them or not.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Everything related to Satoshi is pure speculation.

Nice stories, bad stories, speculations, anything that can go to a newspaper is actually welcome, if the newspaper has wider audience than the already informed bitcoiners.
If this "news" will make it into another paper - in a way or another, then it will not be wasted time. for now it is...
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Article looks like bullshit based off nothing but speculation to me. There's nothing that offers proof or backs up their claims at all. Nobody knows what happened to satoshi, his coins, or even if he is one or more people.

What we do know is though that he was here he created Bitcoin mined a very very nice amount and then went totally of the public radar for what reasons we do not know, but we do know most if not all of his coins remained untouched in wallets that there are links to in some threads here.

Question is why would he not spend any of the coins at the first bubble if he could indeed get to them to spend, only someone filthy rich would leave them to never touch but i am talking filthy rich 100's of millions banked.
Activity: 350
Honest 80s business!
Article looks like bullshit based off nothing but speculation to me. There's nothing that offers proof or backs up their claims at all. Nobody knows what happened to satoshi, his coins, or even if he is one or more people.

I think he should have made something obvious like an address that consists of a string or something. That way people could be pretty sure he doesn't have control about the coins anymore. If those coins move, I bet they move into a black-hole address.

I think the most likely scenario is he's either dead or purposely lost access to them, but something tells me he wouldn't just waste the coins like this.

Well, he could very well still have many coins we can't really trace back to him. Maybe he still pool-mined some coins back in the days! If those coins move, the price will suffer. Badly.
Don't think he's dead, though. He just faded out his influence in order to make Bitcoin more democratic and decentralized Wink
Activity: 525
Merit: 500

I think he should have made something obvious like an address that consists of a string or something. That way people could be pretty sure he doesn't have control about the coins anymore. If those coins move, I bet they move into a black-hole address.

I think the most likely scenario is he's either dead or purposely lost access to them, but something tells me he wouldn't just waste the coins like this.
Honest 80s business!

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Personally I think he probably has control of them but is just hodlling  Grin. Obviously he's likely bitcoin's biggest believer. Think of all the good he could do with all those coins.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
Honest 80s business!
Evidence suggests his ~1 million BTC were mined into throwaway addresses:
https://bitscan.com/articles/satoshis-millions-gone-for-good

Well if this is true, he truly anticipated everything. It keeps on blowing my mind that he thought of all these consequences and incredibly intelligent and yet simple ways to tackle certain problems!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Evidence suggests his ~1 million BTC were mined into throwaway addresses:
https://bitscan.com/articles/satoshis-millions-gone-for-good
Pages:
Jump to: