Pages:
Author

Topic: Why So Many ICOs — What Does It All Mean? - page 3. (Read 1436 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 333
ICO is the new way of collecting funds to the investors, they use ICO to fund the certain project, to provide the budget needed to make it great, to place it on exchanger, and to develop it. ICO is a process which you can locate and watch the funds coming to the project.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
It means that you need to be careful since there are a lot of scam ICOs out there which are eating away potential investments in real projects and lowering ETH price in general.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
ICOs are the new way to fund "easily" startup projects but there so many scams, be careful and check everything before investing (the WP, the prototype, etc.)

Just check and study first about the project before we invest
,we need to be very carefully in terms of investing that is why checking is always the first step we do, this is one of the best way to avoid scams.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
It means that the ICO is the new trend in the cryptocurrency and we should be careful in participating because some of the ICO in the market are just scams because they are trying to catch some newbies who didn't know what to do before investing so they are taking advantage of that ignorance and trying to scam them and that is why we should be really careful and investigate first before investing.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
Initial Coin Offering market has exploded dramatically and is getting slowly oversaturated, and there is still a lot of new projects coming every day. It's a great way to kickstart new company as long as your choice is good.
Why is so many ICO's?
Because there are a lot of people that want to invest from the beginning of company not like on Stock Market when company stock price is already too high for average Joe. You must do your own research and make a good choice, and then it can be very profitable like recent ICO Power Ledger (POWR) where the current price is 10x higher than ICO.

So many ICO means this field is getting expanding all around the world with more companies. This will create a more stable environment for blockchain investors and users obviously.

you will never get 100% sure investments thats how it is, and if people continue to keep bitcoin it will collapse, bitcoin has 28 usd transaction costs now who can afford that?

bitcoin would be nothing without the media structures around it its no state no nation it doesnt even seek to achieve something.
Activity: 249
Initial Coin Offering market has exploded dramatically and is getting slowly oversaturated, and there is still a lot of new projects coming every day. It's a great way to kickstart new company as long as your choice is good.
Why is so many ICO's?
Because there are a lot of people that want to invest from the beginning of company not like on Stock Market when company stock price is already too high for average Joe. You must do your own research and make a good choice, and then it can be very profitable like recent ICO Power Ledger (POWR) where the current price is 10x higher than ICO.

So many ICO means this field is getting expanding all around the world with more companies. This will create a more stable environment for blockchain investors and users obviously.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
The world of cryptocurrencies has exploded like never before in 2017. The price of Bitcoin has catapulted to over $7000 for the first time in its history. There has also been an increase in the number of initial coin offerings (ICOs). According to CoinDesk, since Jan 2017, ICOs went from roughly $300 million raised in total since they began in 2014, to $2.7 billion raised as of October.

Read more about it here
Basically what this means, IMO, I think think that a lot of companies are integrating their products to be built on blockchain, we shouldn't forget that blockchain technology is about to take over the world, soon enough a lot of products will be built on blockchain technology.

We might further think of it as the fact that startup companies are looking for the quickest way possible to raise funds for their projects or companies. However, my advice is don't invest in projects you don't know or hardly understand the concept, only invest in projects that you believe in and have hope that they will make it the near future. As an investor, you should invest in projects that will benefit you in a way.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
The world of cryptocurrencies has exploded like never before in 2017. The price of Bitcoin has catapulted to over $7000 for the first time in its history. There has also been an increase in the number of initial coin offerings (ICOs). According to CoinDesk, since Jan 2017, ICOs went from roughly $300 million raised in total since they began in 2014, to $2.7 billion raised as of October.

Read more about it here
Well for me it is no suprise that there is so much money getting piped into the cryptocurrency, i mean since the dramatic increase of bitcoin's price people have been eager to know more about it and it acted as a bridge to intrduce poeple into more  cryptocurrencies liek ethereum which proved to be the best option for developpers and new project founders to get some kick starters and begin their projects, and this by being able to create their own tokens using ethereum and sell them to people, and there is no suprise that we will see more and more poeple going in into this new industry and this new market that is the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Why is so many ICO's?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
The same reason why many IPOs exist. People look for ways to fund raise and ICOs appear to a decent way to do so.

Yes, ICO is a easy way to raise funds since there is no much regulation for that, also common investors can invest in ICO since there is no high requirements.
Activity: 672
easier and New way getting funds from crowdsale. Some of them are already establish company, but still holds crowdsale maybe to expand their business and utilize the use of blockchain. SOME will deliver some will just promise with no outcome. So better invest money to a project you think will succeed in long run.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
The same reason why many IPOs exist. People look for ways to fund raise and ICOs appear to a decent way to do so.
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
ICOs are the new way to fund "easily" startup projects but there so many scams, be careful and check everything before investing (the WP, the prototype, etc.)
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Maybe people are right...we are in the biggest bubble of this century. There are too many useless ICO right now it's kinda scary in my opinion. A month ago I saw an ICO called "useless Ethereum token" or something like that and they raised 70k usd...I don't understand why did they put money in this kind of project. ICO are like startup and most of it will fail so be careful with what you invest.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Those many ICOs that are released everyday were a pretty sign that many are adopting Cryptocurrency as a form of new tech payment, asset or whatsoever!
The sad news is that many also take this opportunity to scam those fundraisers or known as Investors!
Cool

Nice fairy tale.. know anymore interesting stories ?
Making 10,000 different currencies does not equate to usage in the slightest.
It simply means more assholes showed up to profit off all the pyramid scheme "tokens" being pumped and DUMPED.

I keep telling you 3 post NOOB accounts here you are stupid and it doesn't seem to sink in.
And i am not saying that to be mean or anything you just post dog shit drivel incessantly.

PS:
Every single person in the Altcoin scene is a NOOB.
All of them lowered the scammy bar.
Anyone not a noob talking i don't recognize or recall seeing them post in the ALT section before.
..probably a lot of *bought accounts.
Activity: 122
Many new Icos these day mean crypto is start a new bubble now.
Activity: 364
Those many ICOs that are released everyday were a pretty sign that many are adopting Cryptocurrency as a form of new tech payment, asset or whatsoever!
The sad news is that many also take this opportunity to scam those fundraisers or known as Investors!
Cool
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I agree. Having to many icos available now and very promising ideas but they all end up in smokes. I gave up investing in ico for that same reason. Btc is the only promising coin for me to hold.

Noob i hate to be a broken record but you are missing option #3.
*OTHER* currencies...
You see Investards you can salivate over your ROI's with actual real currencies ..something no ICO can ever be.

For example Litecoin is an alternative digital currency like Bitcoin and no it is not an ICO.
The way ICO's work means they can not be a fairly launched open source decentralized digital currency.
Which is what option #3 is all about.

You know it's surprising you NOOBS don't know that.
You are so wrapped up in the ICO hysteria fer teh ROI's HODL MOON profits coins on teh exchangers that you sort of missed the entire point and 8 years of history before you got here.

And what really amuses the shit out of me is you same noobs line up to jiggle your dick-holsters about crypto as though you know things.. Not quite pajeets  Cheesy

The thing is you know what i said above though.
You have been told relentlessly and you all simply ignore the 3rd option and rail on about ICO's.
Sort of like if you all collectively ignore the criticism of the ICO scheme system you can by force and by majority over-ride morality and common sense and legitimize a scammy corrupt centralized "cash grab" system.

Essentially a community take over to lower the bar.

Besides half of you NOOBS that post here all the time are simply the same scammy asshole dev's who are MAKING the "coins".. so your deceitful puppet account faggotry lends you no credence here NOOBS.
Bad is bad.. no matter how much Bitcoin / FIAT profits you make from it.

And lately i see a little trend where noobs are riding the ole ICO's are bad Spoetnik rant coattails.
Problem is you are full of shit.
You follow profits so when the profits evaporate on SCRYPT clones you then show up here en mass to bad mouth them.
Same with ICO's.
And as soon as the profits return you are behind the scenes trading them for profits.
You are in fact 100% full of shit.. faking morality and ideology because it's trendy (thanks to Spoetnik)
But i was here all along livin' the trend pajeets.
You will never be me ROFL  Grin  Cool

How do i know ?
Because all ICO's are scammy by design but each and every single one of you out there are going to line up to forever play the *some* routine cliche'd retort.
Yup... they are bad, ohhh so bad ..except the one i am bag holding of course  Cheesy

..or made that i am defending on theTalk with sock-puppet accounts.

You know shitbirds it's a bit late to line up to talk shit about ICO's when your trade history clearly shows you were all along supporting them for profits.. or making them.

Hell i just looked and i seen 16,000 ANN topics and last month i seen 14,000.
This shit is simply ridiculous.  Roll Eyes
And you know it which is why you are faking this morality routine *now.
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
I have learned that a lot of good projects are below ICO price when it hits exchanges. Which will give you more tokens/coins for your budget if you just wait. I have entered three ICOs, all three were successful but I could of gotten more out of it if I waited.

ICOs are very risky, some are scam and some will barely get you break even. They are good for fundraising but they have a bad name, especially with a lot of countries banning them. They need to be regulated for sure.
Activity: 266
ICO bubble.

You can have a ready to use token in a blink of an eye. They are selling it everywhere, all you have to do i hire someone to write a whitepaper, a blockchain, an ICO website. And then it's ready to launch. Profit flows in your pocket. After get on an exchange, such as etherdelta (garbage decentrallized exchange for trash token), you sell everything you have. Easy money? Do that again and again.
Pages:
Jump to: