Pages:
Author

Topic: Why So Many ICOs — What Does It All Mean? - page 5. (Read 1436 times)

copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
In my opinion there are two visions:

Negative view: A means of making money on top of others, scam, spam, flods, take advantage of the volatile market, suck as much as possible

Positive vision: Now is the time to realize dreams, take the paper and put into practice, things that a few years ago was not possible.

absolutly agree with your opinion mate ico this day rarely worth to invest some of them just try to make quick buck and leave the project behind when they got their profit
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
It is only the beggining of the ICO age..More to see
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Basically, it means that the ICO market is in a bubble, and will burst.
In fact, I believe it is already bursting.
How many of these ICOs are actually successful?
How many people put money into an ico an lose money or not get what they were promised?
How many of these people will do an ico again?

Right now, ICOs get a lot of money off of those new to crypto with dreams of becoming a quick millionare.
Hmmmmm...where are all those millionares that earned it through an ICO?

Also, it is common knowledge now that you can anticipate the prices to crash below the ICO price after it hits exchanges.

So, basically, just cause there's a lot doesn't mean its good.
In fact, it is quite the opposite.

ICOs are basically start up companies hoping to make it big using bitcoin as medium and using the potential of encouraging other people to bet on them and invest. Unfortunately, some companies don't really have long term plans on what they want to do and are not actually seeing that their own project will prosper. Also, others make ICOs wholly to scam people which is why many are thinking that most ICOs are automatic scams.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
Many ICOs means a lot of scam,people are just creating coins just for the money's sake and not developing anything not having a good product and developers means a shit ICO easy money for the developers.
Completely agree with you here. I feel that majority of the ICOs these days are nothing but scams and very few ICOs are actually legit in my opinion. So many scammy ICOs are popping up these days in order to steal money from naive people and it is very easy to create your own token these days thanks to the ethereum blockchain. This problem can be reduced if Vitalik and his team find a way to suppress this problem.

There is a quite easy way to avoid scam ICOs.

If there is a real, working, successful business behind the ICO, the chance of scam is zero.

Check out TE-FOOD. More than 6000 business customers, huge traction, and operates in the real life.
This is one of the things i do really like to see when a certain ICO do launch where it do have already been working and operating on real life which would somehow give me an assurance that it would really be successful. I wouldnt doubt to put up my money on these kind of ICO and going back to the question on why there are lots of ICO been launched recently then frankly speaking this is one of the most common way on making easy money into its developers they do create coin,hype it up then easy profits.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
TE-FOOD provides trust for food supply chains
Many ICOs means a lot of scam,people are just creating coins just for the money's sake and not developing anything not having a good product and developers means a shit ICO easy money for the developers.
Completely agree with you here. I feel that majority of the ICOs these days are nothing but scams and very few ICOs are actually legit in my opinion. So many scammy ICOs are popping up these days in order to steal money from naive people and it is very easy to create your own token these days thanks to the ethereum blockchain. This problem can be reduced if Vitalik and his team find a way to suppress this problem.

There is a quite easy way to avoid scam ICOs.

If there is a real, working, successful business behind the ICO, the chance of scam is zero.

Check out TE-FOOD. More than 6000 business customers, huge traction, and operates in the real life.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
After seeing how much money ICOs like tezos raised without having anything special, a lot of people saw their chance for easy and fast money
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
The sad part about the ICO boom is that it brings criminals out of the woodwork.  Angry And its the criminals that ruin it for everyone. If people could behave we could have a wonderful ICO environment with self regulation, but with no regulation people use it as an opportunity to steal money, often.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 970
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
There might be an ICO bubble and it might burst, but this can't just pass unnoticeably. I think this is a start for a technological revolution, and yes, some of the projects are not good enough to keep up, so they will fail, but those serious ones will be among the firsts who started this revolution
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
This is a new technology, so lot of people and companies are paving the road for the few. Think cell phones. We had a lot of ideas, we ended up with iPhone and Android.
Also, soon enough governments in their never-ending care of us will create new wonderful laws, and most of it will end. Imho.
Activity: 210
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
The world of cryptocurrencies has exploded like never before in 2017. The price of Bitcoin has catapulted to over $7000 for the first time in its history. There has also been an increase in the number of initial coin offerings (ICOs). According to CoinDesk, since Jan 2017, ICOs went from roughly $300 million raised in total since they began in 2014, to $2.7 billion raised as of October.

Read more about it here

Because there are legit projects that really has a clear goal and vision, many shit project ride the wave so that they can established their own ICO - yes to have that special money. If they able to reached the target, then success and up to them if they will push the project or left the money behind.

That's why it's so risky to participate in ICO.
Activity: 1250
Education-Ecosystem
Everyone loves easy money and some people are addicted in searching of it's way but however it doesn't exist or you have to be luckiest one. Some ICO's were succesful in past, people has seen that it was easy and great way for profit, so what others wanted? To create ICO and attract people, some of them just scam, some of them gives promises and then fail but finally people are looking something powerful for easy profit, that's all.

Well who mined bitcoins, taking a look at the price at btc now and back when it all started, i can say that is easy money.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 867
Everyone loves easy money and some people are addicted in searching of it's way but however it doesn't exist or you have to be luckiest one. Some ICO's were succesful in past, people has seen that it was easy and great way for profit, so what others wanted? To create ICO and attract people, some of them just scam, some of them gives promises and then fail but finally people are looking something powerful for easy profit, that's all.
Activity: 140
★Jetwin.com★
People saw ICOs as an easy way to make bank and retire... I'm glad that the crypto market finally caught up on this and the funding for shady and suspicious projects has gone down by a lot (and people profitting from flipping the coins instantly on the market as well).
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
The world of cryptocurrencies has exploded like never before in 2017. The price of Bitcoin has catapulted to over $7000 for the first time in its history. There has also been an increase in the number of initial coin offerings (ICOs). According to CoinDesk, since Jan 2017, ICOs went from roughly $300 million raised in total since they began in 2014, to $2.7 billion raised as of October.

Read more about it here

In my own opinions why so many ICO project,because its promote each and everyone there own altcoins to the world of digital currency,by means of blogs,twitter,campaign or any other kinds of ideas to promoting there own coins as a modern stakes .ICO is so helpful they give us job especially we  the beginner  in bitcoin to  have a profit  and earning so that we can use it for the 2nd level of being traders of bitcoins and altcoins.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
thats mean the cryptocurrency became more biggert than before. many more business using the blockchain technology and make their own coin as a modern stakes. its help the business a lot.
Activity: 294
Not surr what this post is about. But we are starting to see a bare market for ico now. Seems to be a cash grab for alot of these ico projects. I think people are starting to realize this, after the fomo effect.
So alot of people has lost coins or in the negative and some folks had made or will be making alot from the icos theyve invested in.
Theres a few projects out there thats very promising.
Me, i hate icos. Causes my eth to drop in price lol.

Bear market
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
It is very easy thing to do now, because it is a very easy means of raising money, once you can write a good marketable whitepaper and add one or two well know advisory team to your team, people will give you their money. To be sincere it is now a big concern because that means the rate of failure will be very high
Activity: 280
Hello. A lot of people hav e a lot of great ideas Smiley and there is money to be made (with almost no regulation or laws). Its like the Wild West.

Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: