Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the loss of confidence in litecoin? - page 5. (Read 13827 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
November 02, 2013, 03:39:59 PM
Maybe it's a hope train for saving gox  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
November 02, 2013, 12:47:15 PM
There are a few more sites popping up that allow for the direct purchase of Litecoins with fiat, so the reliance on Gox is for the ignorant, IMO.
CoinMKT.com, for example.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
November 02, 2013, 04:46:05 AM
There are a few more sites popping up that allow for the direct purchase of Litecoins with fiat, so the reliance on Gox is for the ignorant, IMO.

But gox is still the most famous for litecoin for some reason... the price jump so much just from gox news...
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
November 02, 2013, 03:54:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
November 02, 2013, 03:35:18 AM
i had a dream last night that LTC went up 8 USD in like one day.

Yes it was a dream.

But reality soon, say, after Gox adoption? Grin

I have my doubts if Gox will even exist a year from now.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
November 01, 2013, 11:56:41 PM

Yes it was a dream.

Gox will never adopt Litecoin, it was a manipulation of the market, saying to for sell litecoins for high and then buying low when the time past, and then again says to adopt it one and another time the same manipulation.

So you say Mark K. is trading LTC at BTC-e are you sane?Huh and doing market manipulation to earn few dimes at BTC-e?Huh
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
November 01, 2013, 09:30:38 PM

Yes it was a dream.

Gox will never adopt Litecoin, it was a manipulation of the market, saying to for sell litecoins for high and then buying low when the time past, and then again says to adopt it one and another time the same manipulation.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
November 01, 2013, 09:21:02 PM

Yes it was a dream.

legendary
November 01, 2013, 09:08:14 AM

Yes it was a dream.

legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015
November 01, 2013, 08:30:44 AM
legendary
November 01, 2013, 06:18:44 AM
Don't know about you, but my incoming transactions for both BTC and LTC arrive in seconds.

God I dislike PHP.  Angry

Ok, what I meant is a certain number of confirmations time.

You hate PHP, must be a perl hardcore type ) But most forums these days run on PHP, like this one, same is true for many other web apps. It's just your personal grudge, which has nothing to do with the objective reality Smiley

It's not a grudge, just my opinion/view. For example, try using a standard unsigned integer in PHP. Arrrgghhh.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 01, 2013, 05:55:27 AM
Don't know about you, but my incoming transactions for both BTC and LTC arrive in seconds.

Ok, what I meant is a certain number of confirmations time.

You hate PHP, must be a perl hardcore type ) But most forums these days run on PHP, like this one, same is true for many other web apps. It's just your personal grudge, which has nothing to do with the objective reality Smiley
legendary
November 01, 2013, 05:51:30 AM
Everyone is waiting for LTC to become the next BTC. But the question in hand is, do we need more of the same? Neither is practical for instant paying like lets say VISA, its not like LTC is instant, it is only faster than BTC

Well, for website payments LTC sure is quicker. For example, a user can sit and wait while the popup window displays this "please wait while we're processing your transaction" and not get bored while an LTC payment is being processed, but get much more bored while a BTC payment is being processed. So there is clearly more demand in the future for LTC in web services. Like all these social networks that has 'credits' that can be purchased with LTC.

I don't know if you can understand without a programming background, but I would compare BTC to LTC as Perl to PHP. Remember 10-15 years ago, most sites were running cgi applications written in PERL, but these days PHP is very likely more popular, because PHP was created to be a websites coding language, while perl is more universal. PHP is becoming more universal too as it evolves, but it has won its niche from perl in web applications. I think LTC in the future can be as PHP is for web services, and will win its niche for online transactions that need to be relatvely speedy.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 01, 2013, 05:11:58 AM
Everyone is waiting for LTC to become the next BTC. But the question in hand is, do we need more of the same? Neither is practical for instant paying like lets say VISA, its not like LTC is instant, it is only faster than BTC

Well, for website payments LTC sure is quicker. For example, a user can sit and wait while the popup window displays this "please wait while we're processing your transaction" and not get bored while an LTC payment is being processed, but get much more bored while a BTC payment is being processed. So there is clearly more demand in the future for LTC in web services. Like all these social networks that has 'credits' that can be purchased with LTC.

I don't know if you can understand without a programming background, but I would compare BTC to LTC as Perl to PHP. Remember 10-15 years ago, most sites were running cgi applications written in PERL, but these days PHP is very likely more popular, because PHP was created to be a websites coding language, while perl is more universal. PHP is becoming more universal too as it evolves, but it has won its niche from perl in web applications. I think LTC in the future can be as PHP is for web services, and will win its niche for online transactions that need to be relatvely speedy.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
November 01, 2013, 02:59:19 AM
also scrypt is advenced protection and more secure then just sha256!, more volume also faster block!
you have no idea about what you are talking about.
Activity: 369
Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
October 31, 2013, 07:34:33 PM

Its not the same, BTC has asic sha256 network!
LTC has GPU scrypt (multi algos!) network!

also scrypt is advenced protection and more secure then just sha256!, more volume also faster block!

so if one coin has a problem (network overload) the other will help@!
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
October 31, 2013, 06:54:48 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
October 21, 2013, 07:37:40 PM
Litecoin kicks puppies and steals candy from little kids. I heard it once pushed down an old man for no reason. It was just in a bad mood or something.

On the other hand, Bitcoin works hard, gets good grades, and always eats its vegetables.

this has always been my position and i don't understand how some of you can go around supporting such a troublemaker!  Angry
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
October 21, 2013, 07:22:07 PM
Litecoin kicks puppies and steals candy from little kids. I heard it once pushed down an old man for no reason. It was just in a bad mood or something.

On the other hand, Bitcoin works hard, gets good grades, and always eats its vegetables.

lol  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: