Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line not conduct ICO? - page 4. (Read 710028 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
Vber, whatsapp,skype are all social media platform, with an existing customer, and a service product with value, It is not all project/ Idea that  need to conduct ICO,  If there is a need for blockchain/ cryptocurrency development service that can be source for in the near future.
Facebook is a social media platform too but they are considering the initial coin offering for bigger funds. It's indeed helpful as what we have seen to the succession of the Telegram in which they raised more than a billion dollar.  Perhaps the mentioned social media platforms are also considering it but as of now they aren't ready yet.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?
But Kik and Telegram did it.
After all, companies can get 2 huge pluses:
1) to collect a large amount of money for ICO
2) add hype to marketing and popularity among users.

share your opinion
These social media platforms have large influence and running a cryptocurrency integrated platform would have been a major boost to their internal and external financial transactions yet the opposite is seen now. I believe every business or company has its goals and set objectives which drives the company activities and decision making, hence these social media platform will have to revise most of these things in order to integrate such technology into their systems.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
Vber, whatsapp,skype are all social media platform, with an existing customer, and a service product with value, It is not all project/ Idea that  need to conduct ICO,  If there is a need for blockchain/ cryptocurrency development service that can be source for in the near future.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
They probably don't want to touch this area because of regulatory uncertainty and possibility of being double checked by the SEC. The risk is still very high when you're a big company trying to enter crypto space.

A failure of an ICO/IPO could deter people from using their normal services. A failure works like bad PR and crypto space is unstable. You can't be sure what will happen tomorrow.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
crypto market already have existing customer base in telegram which helped telegram to come up with own coin where as other messaging markets dont have such market base
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
They are already very successful to actually go
succesful just in the begining ?  no there is no such thing like that. all business or companies are all started small and unpopular but these companies listed on the op are blessed and lucky to stand out among many competitors . now they have the funds to start any additions without needing the help of ico.

they are just staying away from wasting unnecessary money .
you mean setting up an ico ? you are the ones that beg for money and your not the ones that waste money.  .
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
They are already very successful to actually go and get something else added in their accounts ..they are already well paid and therefore I think they are just staying away from wasting unnecessary money .

If it doesn't go well then it could be bad for their own economy.
Activity: 490
Merit: 134
This is little delicate question. First all of those dont share information personal ones. With this is mind they dont have any intent to use any type of any blockchain for sponsorship in any way. From this I dont believe they will ever do or possible do it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange
These company you mentioned are already an established companies and they are worth billions of dollar and they can fund any project they want to do, so there is no need to conduct an ICO.
Activity: 759
Merit: 500
From several news pages that I read said Line decided to go into crypto, they called it LINK Coin. They are very confident that they won’t hold an ICO (but there is still an 'airdrop') because the level of demand for crypto in Japan is quite high and Line is a big company, almost everyone knows, especially young people.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
Cos they are legit companies and also they don't use blockchain

Blockchain technology is secure technology and i am believe big company will use this technology. That company must be implemented blockchain technology to give better service to their user. I think the will launch their ICOs if cryptomarket growing bigger than now
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
Mostly because the regulatory laws are not yet clear and don't want to get cought in it's cogs. Otherwise they could generate a lot of free money by creating their own currency, maybe it will happen in the future.
Activity: 545
Merit: 250
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?

share your opinion

Well, I think Why Viber, whatsapp, skype, wechat, snapchat, IMO, line have not yet launched their ICO its because they are not yet interested to it many big companies just like them have a market strategy on how their market grows maybe as of now, they do not need the ICO project. Because their company is in stable market right now.
Since they are already a established company and  have enough investors at their side, tgey might have no new plans to add features or project at tgis moment since they were satisfied on tgeir products.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100

share your opinion

Well, I think Why Viber, whatsapp, skype, wechat, snapchat, IMO, line have not yet launched their ICO its because they are not yet interested to it many big companies just like them have a market strategy on how their market grows maybe as of now, they do not need the ICO project. Because their company is in stable market right now.
Activity: 322
╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝
Not now but maybe in the future they will conduct an ICO for a certain purpose but i think that's also an unlikely to happen just because they are already well-established. I remember Telegram is having an ICO but i don't know if it went very well or not.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
I think they did not launch there ICO   because there is no need for it presently, Just like the stock market not all organization require to be on the stock to exist, overtime as the company grow, there migth be a need to launch an ICO, To be relevant in the economic community you must embrace the cryptocurrency space, this will take place over the years.
Activity: 490
Merit: 134
I heard that Viber is working on its on crypto which will be used for buying viber stuff. But I also didn't hear about the ICO from them. Just like you say it could bring high investments into the project. I do not know for their actual reasons, but maybe they simply afraid of punishment from the government, coz in some countries, where the head of this social network giants placed, ICOs forbidden.

This isnt only one. Also i read more about Telegram coin that will be implement in telegram app. Hopefully many are waiting to see if this will be good if so think that we will see some major movement and improvement in ICO that will be social media funded. Dont think on Viber for this besides telegram many will wait to see if this telegram ICO will be success, if so many will start with ICO.
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
I heard that Viber is working on its on crypto which will be used for buying viber stuff. But I also didn't hear about the ICO from them. Just like you say it could bring high investments into the project. I do not know for their actual reasons, but maybe they simply afraid of punishment from the government, coz in some countries, where the head of this social network giants placed, ICOs forbidden.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
I think at the moment they are looking for other ways to implement cryptocurrencies in their products
- I do not think so, they are trying to avoid crypto, instead of trying to apply crypto to their products because they are still developing very well, they do not need to be involved in crypto, crypto is not so popular with everyone in the world. In addition, people always know that ico is always very special and risky, they will not get too many benefits from this story, they will even have legal problems when crypto and ico remain products that government does not like and encourages people not to participate.
Activity: 196
It looks like the dominance of Telegram is quite significant in the crypto market, and also have the feeling this message app is enough now. Crypto market is growing, but still just a small part of the International economy.
Pages:
Jump to: