Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line not conduct ICO? - page 5. (Read 709996 times)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250
I think at the moment they are looking for other ways to implement cryptocurrencies in their products
Activity: 1134
Merit: 500
Well the fair question is how come telegram, a well known social platform created their ico a few months ago. I guess it is a question of time till skype and all other platforms will have their own ICO.
Activity: 54
Merit: 1
GIGZI - Independent Wealth Management
What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?
But Kik and Telegram did it.
After all, companies can get 2 huge pluses:
1) to collect a large amount of money for ICO
2) add hype to marketing and popularity among users.

share your opinion

Now the crypto market situation is very bad because of most people think like you. These thoughts result in scam projects and the stealing of many people's money. Instead, if there was the only project which belonged to 1 sector, and without greedy developer, the situation of the current crypto view was much better.
I totally agree. There is a huge number of scam projects that are creating a bad reputation for the ICO market. Genuine projects with great benefits for the development of cryptocurrency are not being supported because investors are losing trust fast. Worst thing is the majority of the so called experts have vested interest in promoting projects which they know very well have no business being involved in blockchain!  Angry
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?

share your opinion
I think they can still support and build a good company without the help of ICO. This is also a good idea as they will manage their company without a controversy as most ICO has scam accusations.
Activity: 168

share your opinion

in my opinion they don't make ico themselves, but they are waiting for the right time or maybe they are developing their own ICO without us knowing. for example, from what I know that line is currently making ico them globally, and maybe another chat platform will follow the line where we know the line is not a small-scale chat platform
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
I know, currently whatsapp has been bought by Facebook, and if Facebook still blocks crypto ads, then whatsapp will do the same. yes, so far only telegrams conduct ICO.
Activity: 784
https://streamies.io/
 I think because Telegram is an anonymous and very secure messaging system and very easy to join the chat channel. I think it belongs to the anonymity of the Crypto market so it is more collaborative with ICO projects.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
I am believe big company will involve in cryptocurrency market in the future. Crypto is too tempting to ignore and crypto have big community. If they dont lauch their own ICO, i am believe they will make partnertship with crypto developers
Activity: 294
W12 – Blockchain protocol
In my own perception, these companies need not to conduct anymore ICO because they are already in the spotlight and they're already established and successful. No need for them for publicity as people are already using them in their everyday lives.
Activity: 114
The problem of big players is a large number of investors and presidents who can interfere in making risky but ambitious decisions. It is a pity that there are very few large companies in the world that act aggressively and innovatively. Hail-hail Elon Musk!
Activity: 67
Perhaps these companies do not see much interest in this, they have other priorities that are not related to ICO.
As companies that already have funding, what could they offer with an ICO? I mean you can't actually own a part of the company because most of them already has shareholders and even got acquired (looking at you whatsapp) hence there is no chance the "ICO" they do could be considered directly affected by money they make.

Plus there would be a ton of SEC problems they could face if they both make money from selling tokens and also have shareholders, they can't just gather up more funds from ICO without having legal trouble. Which means you either go IPO/angel road or you go ICO road, you can't achieve both and make ton of money.
staff
Activity: 3010
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
In my opinion, unless these well known companies mentioned in this thread are truly in need of huge amount of funds for them to develop a new technology or some sort of new products that would be useful to the consumers who will be using it, I don't really see any good reason for them to start an ICO project at this moment.
10c
Activity: 658
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
This is a very famous social networks , they are already a long time a great profit , and risk in order to create your ICO it is not particularly necessary.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
Maybe because the companies you already told don't need the money ICOs bring forward. But then again, i see crypto currency ads in these platforms. Maybe not as heavy as in telegram. I guess that telegram actually made itself known as a crypto currency friendly communication platform mlre that any other.
Activity: 86
They do not need an ICO, because they have real and physical investments for the development of their additional new functions in case of their invention.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Each company has a different monetization system for each product, even many who dare to offer services for free but they’re not bankrupt because they already understand what monetization they are applying. Btw Line has its own coin, but not crypto.
Activity: 506
Merit: 101
1 & 0 😏

share your opinion

Now the crypto market situation is very bad because of most people think like you. These thoughts result in scam projects and the stealing of many people's money. Instead, if there was the only project which belonged to 1 sector, and without greedy developer, the situation of the current crypto view was much better.
Activity: 143
Perhaps these companies do not see much interest in this, they have other priorities that are not related to ICO.
Activity: 462

share your opinion
r

Because they are popular enough to make an ico,and they don’t wanna risk their credibility just to be called as scammers since all or most of the ICO projects now are created to victimized people

And these social media sites are reliable in their own way and creating an ICO will only ruin the names they build for how long
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
they must have their own considerations, or lack of attractive promos for them to join in crypto, which is very regrettable they did not join here, fear is still a consideration for them, hopefully in the future there will be a solution to this
Pages:
Jump to: