Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line not conduct ICO? - page 6. (Read 709996 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 2
What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?
But Kik and Telegram did it.
After all, companies can get 2 huge pluses:
1) to collect a large amount of money for ICO
2) add hype to marketing and popularity among users.

share your opinion
I think they can not be due to a lot of problems:
_In law, they will receive many negative feedback or reduce their current sales if applied ico.
_There will be a lot of speculation that will result in large volumes of sales declining the value of the token
_Their current capital is too large and they do not want to risk their reputation
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
W12 – Blockchain protocol
Because these operations do not seem to encourage them too much, they have not yet established an Internet infrastructure that would allow them to use such translations.
Activity: 61
W12 – Blockchain protocol
For these "social networks" there is no need to conduct ICO as the strategy of promotion in the market of their services is somewhat different and does not use the ICO opportunities.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
maybe they have not been interested and don't need it, they still feel enough with what they have achieved right now, if they knew how much they would benefit from ico or this technology, I think they would join this platform without thinking.
They are already established social media, we can even call them giants already so there's no need for them to conduct any ICO. As far as I know those who conduct it are project startup companies. And I don't think that they're fully supported crypto as well. Just look at how Telegram becomes, there are hundreds of thousand of bots operating and its possible that if those aforementioned social media joins crypto they will be overrun by bots and its going hard for them to stop.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Instant messengers such as Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, Webchat, Snapchat and so on, guided by a huge audience of users. These users are people of a wide range of populations around the world, as well as of different ages and interests. It is difficult to imagine how elderly people will be surprised by incomprehensible symbols and figures, the poor to resent, parents to swear if their children do not click there, and ordinary users who use these programs for communication, resent some ICO and unnecessary cryptocurrency. In addition, the ICO system is technically difficult to implement. You need to make online integration, monitoring, identification, authentication, additional protection of personal and other data and so on. Developers and ordinary users are not ready for this yet.
Activity: 72
maybe they have not been interested and don't need it, they still feel enough with what they have achieved right now, if they knew how much they would benefit from ico or this technology, I think they would join this platform without thinking.
Activity: 95
Cos they are legit companies and also they don't use blockchain
Activity: 336
Merit: 29
Telegram will be the beginning for them. When they see the success they will also want to join for sure. It is normal for them to hesitate for such a new technology.

I think so.
Not all social networks are initially interested in cryptocurrency.
Maybe they are waiting and planning to join after what the telegram has reached with cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
What do you think why Viber, WhatsApp, skype, WeChat, Snapchat, IMO, Line have not yet launched their crypto platform?

share your opinion

This are popular social media site and i believe they do not need to be part of this scammy ico project.

for the sake of arguments social media sites are useful and trustworthy for all of the users so theres no need to extend their popularity by means of opening a ICO
besides, i don't think that many governments legalize cryptocurrency, so that it will be constrained in the payment section. maybe at this time not yet, but in the future I think there is an opportunity to join, like Facebook news
Activity: 2492
Merit: 212
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

share your opinion

This are popular social media site and i believe they do not need to be part of this scammy ico project.

for the sake of arguments social media sites are useful and trustworthy for all of the users so theres no need to extend their popularity by means of opening a ICO
Activity: 81
First of all ICO would mean they are giving away tokens of their companies to others in a shareholder deal, similar to going public on places like nasdaq and nyse. However when you are that small the preferable method is getting investments from people who are already good in the business. Whatsapp sold some part of their companies before the facebook acquisation and they got bigger that way and do you think it would have gotten that big with us? I doubt it.

They prefer giving bigger parts of their company to some known investments so that it will lead to an exit that worths billions of dollars. However telegram did an ICO, lets see how it will move, as I see I think the exit would create some legal problems because of the tokens.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11

share your opinion

I am believe they will doing ICO for their new project. Most big company waiting right moment to launch their ICO and waiting market become good again. Telegram already made huge success ICO and i am believe more company will follow
Activity: 238
Merit: 2

share your opinion
It won't be nice for every social media platform to have its own crypto. Who then will patronize the other? It means we will be having too many cryptos.
Activity: 135
ICO is the "primary distribution of coins", a peculiar variant of attraction of investments by analogy with the IPO, but instead shares are issued tokens of the company. All this applies to startups just starting their way in the market. This number of companies has long been out of the category of startups and belongs to large corporations in the IT industry.
Activity: 112
The Intelligent Retail Currency
These companies find funds in other niches, apparently not yet interested in this opportunity. Although in the future they will definitely join this.
Activity: 339
Merit: 10
They are all big companies, and have a good reputation. They can create their own blockchain network but they do not need to raise funds by ICO. I think they have enough capital and the ability to create their own projects. And ICO is almost a form of venture capital and is not legally recognized.
Activity: 196

share your opinion
I think their company does not need to create ICO since they are already known and their product is going well already. And I think they find it too risky in here.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 156
These guys already have the fund to operate their ecosystem. They also have their services for free, so what they are essentially doing by introducing a token for their product is similar to downgrading; doing so might result in the opposite so that might be the reason.
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
they have "their" product and its going well , i think adding something risky like ico make their product will get interference rather than profit IMO
Activity: 102
Maybe, they are not interested in ico or with the current conditions they are quite able to reap considerable profits. On the other hand, not all users of the application know Crypto and may be at risk if they feel complicated, they will replace other applications
Pages:
Jump to: