Pages:
Author

Topic: Why was this deleted? - page 3. (Read 4262 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
October 08, 2015, 08:49:36 PM
... It's only been a hour or so ...
Hope you don't think me a contrarian, but
... Just report obvious trolling using the "Report to moderator " feature.
I invite you to check out The Bullish News Thread (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-bullish-bitcoin-media-center-the-only-bullish-bitcoin-news-thread-1166428), and suggest you apply to it the same rigor.
(or should I report the posts individually?)

Make it real simple for you:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/fakhoury-357170
Sad
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049
October 08, 2015, 08:37:42 PM
No need to report them, really. You basically reported them just now by pointing them out in this thread.

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.  Each and every one of those posts is still up, even the ones I've reported per advised method Sad
You suppose I should try text effects?

It's only been a hour or so; maybe you should wait a few more hours. There may not be a mod who moderates that forum who is actively patrolling at the moment.
October 08, 2015, 08:29:58 PM
No need to report them, really. You basically reported them just now by pointing them out in this thread.

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.  Each and every one of those posts is still up, even the ones I've reported per advised method Sad
You suppose I should try text effects?
Activity: 252
Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...
October 08, 2015, 08:16:55 PM
A newbie account must wait 6 minutes between posts or reports.  If i haven't miscounted, it would take me nearly two hours to report those posts.

October 08, 2015, 07:51:54 PM
TL;DR: I post twice in a row, one post gets deleted because 'bumping'.
The crap above (18 posts posted within half an hour) OTH, gets to stay because reasons.

A newbie account must wait 6 minutes between posts or reports.  If i haven't miscounted, it would take me nearly two hours to report those posts.
October 08, 2015, 07:24:58 PM
Sorry for the delay.
Didn't notice your update, though was waiting for you to respond Sad
Yeah I do not like writing posts when it is not necessary, i.e. where I can update my previous post.
I don't understand. Why didn't you augment your previous post, separating your update with

...and accenting it with text effects (e.g. size, color, etc.) that would make it pretty obvious that a post contains new content?
What made you choose to start a new post?

On a [somewhat] more serious note, not everyone here posts to up his post count. Some [though, grantedly, a precious few] actually have shit to say. The odds of such unmonetized posting are somewhat higher for certain types of users, e.g. those not taking part in signature spam campaigns, etc., etc.
I, I'm happy to say, am one such user.
While you, and I say this with no reproach, implicit or otherwise, are not.

Dear diary<3  Today I discovered the awesome power of text effects.

Update!!
Since I'm to wait 6 minute before being able to report each post, I'm going to just dump them here for now.
All of these are rule 34 32 13.

News URL : http://video.c[Suspicious link removed]m/gallery/?video=3000430314&play=1
(more incoming)
(not done yet)
(There!!)

Lol no, there's more, apparently Sad

Dear Brother

You've to understand something, no one earth can give me orders !!

You are just a useless shit, my advice to you is to enjoy the show.

And again, you've 0% effect, loser.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
October 08, 2015, 06:23:49 PM
Sorry for the delay.
Yeah I do not like writing posts when it is not necessary, i.e. where I can update my previous post. This reduces unnecessary clutter. Apparently the rule fits, and we should examine on case by case basis (not sure if I'm allowed to quote anyone). This still means that some moderator can 'feel' like you're doing this for the wrong reasons (e.g. increasing post count swiftly) and you could get into trouble. It's best to avoid.

In other words, you've concluded that this post was a bump (or 'bumping,' whichever):
-snip.
...and this one, being both directly below & the last post in the thread, escaped notice?
A bump would be something like:"bump", "up", etc. However, when you're adding more information to the thread by making a new post (when nobody has posted since your last one), you're actually bumping it up via a 'update'. That was what I was trying to say. I was on my smartphone and have not noticed that one. If someone is obviously trolling just report the post and it will be dealt with swiftly.

P.S. Experimenting with color per your advice.
Good. A combination of more links per post and colors should still enable you to get your desired effect in addition to it following guidelines more closely.

October 08, 2015, 06:13:44 PM
Sorry for the delay.

... There are various formatting options (e.g. size, color, etc.) that would make it pretty obvious that a post contains new content.
Not on the reader's watchlist, no. ...
Perhaps you've chosen the wrong 'formatting options'? Maybe try something else next time, (e.g. size, color, etc.) that would make it pretty obvious that a post contains new content?

[/color]
Update:
'bump' != 'bumping'.
for other reasons?
No. Don't get me wrong. Nobody is touching your thread (at least I'm not) until someone confirms this.
In other words, you've concluded that this post was a bump (or 'bumping,' whichever):
Having fun creating 6 troll accounts in the last 30 min?

Go fuck a duck, tard!

P.S. Experimenting with color per your advice.
October 08, 2015, 04:03:44 PM
In other words, there is no policy re. frequency of posts, as long as the posts are not spam. Correct?
There is none. There are people making a lot of posts (20+) a day. However, what you are doing is 'bumping' the thread by posting 'updates'. Rule 13 applies to that.

Suggesting that my posts are no more than 'bumps' is a bit... disengenuous?
Especially in light of the 'bullish news' sister thread remaining unmolested, while having x10 the number of posts per day (see link above) & the posts being >80% a simple screencapture of a news article, with no additional content.

Now tell me honestly, did you delete the post because you thought it a bump, or ...for other reasons?
legendary
Terminated.
October 08, 2015, 04:01:11 PM
If you are going to argue that the marketplace rules (or at least no more then one update per 24 hours) rule is going to apply in all sections (which I don't think is an appropriate conclusion) then I might question why this rule is not being enforced across other threads in a similar manor.
I'm still looking into that. I'm waiting for a official statement or someone who's been part of the staff for a long time.

Update:
'bump' != 'bumping'.
for other reasons?
No. Don't get me wrong. Nobody is touching your thread (at least I'm not) until someone confirms this.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
October 08, 2015, 03:58:50 PM
In other words, there is no policy re. frequency of posts, as long as the posts are not spam. Correct?
There is none. There are people making a lot of posts (20+) a day. However, what you are doing is 'bumping' the thread by posting 'updates'. Rule 13 applies to that.
If you are going to argue that the marketplace rules (or at least no more then one update per 24 hours) rule is going to apply in all sections (which I don't think is an appropriate conclusion) then I might question why this rule is not being enforced across other threads in a similar manor.

The "Bullish News and Articles" thread was updated at 10:48 PM on Oct 7, 2015 here, and was later updated a second time at 11:29 PM the same day, roughly 45 minutes later here.

AFAICT, both threads are roughly the same with one discussing bullish stories and the other discussing bearish stories.
legendary
Terminated.
October 08, 2015, 03:49:51 PM
October 08, 2015, 03:47:30 PM

re. your edit, I think I've shown that my posts are not "bumps."
legendary
Terminated.
October 08, 2015, 03:44:38 PM
The forum is many thing to many people -- a news site, a bazaar, a place to steal, a place to earn pennies from signature campaigns, etc., etc.
If, OTOH, you could point me to a forum policy re. '1 post a day [being] enough,' please do.

Go on!
That's subjective and pretty unrelated. The forum is one thing, what the user thinks it is is quite a different thing. I was not talking about '1 post per day' rule. I was suggesting what you could do. As previously stated:
Go on!
No. My "job" is to make sure that people follow rules, not to make my own.
October 08, 2015, 03:39:11 PM
See boldface. How would a reader know when fresh content has been added?
-snip-
To clarify: The posts aren't simply cut & paste quotes (or screen grabs, as is the case with the 'bullish news' sister thread). Rather, original content containing quotations and citing sources.
At the risk of sounding brash, have you read any of the posts in question?
There are various formatting options (e.g. size, color, etc.) that would make it pretty obvious that a post contains new content.

Not on the reader's watchlist, no.

What's with the urge with frequent updates?

Why do news sites update during the day? My guess is "Because news happens in time."
It can't be posted before it happens (due to the temporal nature of our universe), and it stops being news if posted long after it happened.
These truths, as they say, we hold to be self-evident.

People seem to forget 1 obvious thing: forum != news site. If you are so into posting articles, open up your website. That would be beneficial for you and 'your readers'. Otherwise 1 post a day that contains a few news articles should be enough.

The forum is many thing to many people -- a news site, a bazaar, a place to steal, a place to earn pennies from signature campaigns, etc., etc.
If, OTOH, you could point me to a forum policy re. '1 post a day [being] enough,' please do.
But why such stinginess regarding the number of posts? Clearly the posts are not spam, clearly the thread has a reader base, the account is not a part of an ad campaign, so what gives?

This is not my personal preference. I'm rather trying to properly understand and interpret forum rules and guidelines. If it was up to me, we wouldn't be discussing this at all. I'm a bit strict(er) when it comes to certain things.

Go on!
legendary
Terminated.
October 08, 2015, 03:18:25 PM
-snip-
To clarify: The posts aren't simply cut & paste quotes (or screen grabs, as is the case with the 'bullish news' sister thread). Rather, original content containing quotations and citing sources.
There are various formatting options (e.g. size, color, etc.) that would make it pretty obvious that a post contains new content. What's with the urge with frequent updates? People seem to forget 1 obvious thing: forum != news site. If you are so into posting articles, open up your website. That would be beneficial for you and 'your readers'. Otherwise 1 post a day that contains a few news articles should be enough.

This is not my personal preference. I'm rather trying to properly understand and interpret forum rules and guidelines. If it was up to me, it would have been cleaned long ago. I'm a bit strict(er) when it comes to certain things (i.e. I like things clean.  Smiley ).

Update: Minor fix.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
October 08, 2015, 03:14:21 PM
-snip-
-snip-

AFAIK an edit triggers a post to add up on the watchlist again, but it does not bump the thread up in the subboard view. Its reasonable to assume that regular readers either use a bookmark and can just check or the watchlist.
An edit does not make a thread show up on your watchlist. If you are viewing a sub then an edited post that you previously read will now show up as unread so unless you are specifically looking for new content on that thread then a reader will not see it.

Edit: I tried testing this using a not-so-secret alt and my old account sales thread and I was not able to get my thread to show up as being unread after editing the OP as well as after editing *my* last reply to my thread.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
October 08, 2015, 03:11:16 PM
-snip-
-snip-

AFAIK an edit triggers a post to add up on the watchlist again, but it does not bump the thread up in the subboard view. Its reasonable to assume that regular readers either use a bookmark and can just check or the watchlist.
October 08, 2015, 03:07:57 PM
Clearly, lumping multiple unrelated news articles into the same post is a forced, clumsy solution -- if for no reason other than failing to clue in the reader regarding new content.

Perhaps a more elegant approach would be to alter the posts, somehow?  With each one already being new, pertinent, unique, and containing a nontrivial, enlightening payload, what other qualities must each posses to reduce its ...'bumpishness'?
No, it does not create a mess if you properly format it like I tend to do. Use this:
Code:
[hr][hr]
to separate with two lines. It really looks nice in my opinion. This is just my suggestion (not a solution); either: A) merge posts;

Or would it be more appropriate to simply start a new topic, as more 'bearish news' come to light?
Actually I think that it might be even worse considering how many news articles you've posted so far.

legendary
Terminated.
October 08, 2015, 02:43:25 PM
Clearly, lumping multiple unrelated news articles into the same post is a forced, clumsy solution -- if for no reason other than failing to clue in the reader regarding new content.

Perhaps a more elegant approach would be to alter the posts, somehow?  With each one already being new, pertinent, unique, and containing a nontrivial, enlightening payload, what other qualities must each posses to reduce its ...'bumpishness'?
No, it does not create a mess if you properly format it like I tend to do. Use this:
Code:
[hr][hr]
to separate with two lines. It really looks nice in my opinion. This is just my suggestion (not a solution); either: A) merge posts; B) Do not post so frequent that you have a lot of posts in a row. There's really no need to post so many "news articles" each day in a single thread.

Or would it be more appropriate to simply start a new topic, as more 'bearish news' come to light?
Actually I think that it might be even worse considering how many news articles you've posted so far.
Pages:
Jump to: