Pages:
Author

Topic: Why We Need Women In Blockchain - page 5. (Read 15172 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 31
minds.com/Wilikon
April 20, 2019, 10:32:47 AM
Being online, it can be much easier to avoid even identifying your gender and it sort of becomes irrelevant. There aren't any obstacles that I can see that stop women from setting up cryptocurrency related companies and that is how it should be. There does seem to be a trend towards "geek is cool" at the moment, which can only help to break down barriers.

If you listen carefully you'll catch the joke..."I'm so glad you share mine with me."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIsZyg8OXlI

And then..."I can see it crystal clear..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ku1A5Ox8U

From the very, very early days..."You'll come to this party fashionably late..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdrSP0V-KLg

These women saw the vision and ran with it. Many, many others.

Zipping back to today, there's Naomi Brockwell....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TXavYgFPX0

DARN THERE'S GUYS OUT THERE TOO? WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQ2nPSL5-0

It felt good. Classic songs Cheesy

minds.com/Wilikon
April 20, 2019, 10:23:30 AM
I don't even know why such a question was even asked? What does gender have to do with blockchain? And how can it even help gender equality? It's not sexist.

Because, wait for it, it has nothing to do with gender equality and everything to do with intersectionality. Once you do your homework on the subject you'll understand why such creature will ask a panel with women on it how come they don't exist.

Should more women from Iran, S.A, Venezuela, etc, etc have more access to cryptos? This is not the question asked. The question seem irrational until you understand the real motivation.

The good news is they are not into making babies, so in the short to long run they + their ideas will be Thanos'd...

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
April 20, 2019, 09:25:38 AM
I don't even know why such a question was even asked? What does gender have to do with blockchain? And how can it even help gender equality? It's not sexist.
Activity: 236
Merit: 4
April 19, 2019, 05:47:32 PM
I think women in general bring a lot to blockchain and crypto. not only does it make sense in a fair and equal world but women also have a bigger picture view everything from process to outcome. UX. partnerships.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
April 19, 2019, 03:53:03 PM
Being online, it can be much easier to avoid even identifying your gender and it sort of becomes irrelevant. There aren't any obstacles that I can see that stop women from setting up cryptocurrency related companies and that is how it should be. There does seem to be a trend towards "geek is cool" at the moment, which can only help to break down barriers.

If you listen carefully you'll catch the joke..."I'm so glad you share mine with me."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIsZyg8OXlI

And then..."I can see it crystal clear..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ku1A5Ox8U

From the very, very early days..."You'll come to this party fashionably late..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdrSP0V-KLg

These women saw the vision and ran with it. Many, many others.

Zipping back to today, there's Naomi Brockwell....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TXavYgFPX0

DARN THERE'S GUYS OUT THERE TOO? WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEQ2nPSL5-0

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
April 19, 2019, 03:28:50 PM
minds.com/Wilikon
April 19, 2019, 01:59:48 PM

A reminder of what is the ultimate objective of the OP is.

Search P&S for: Gamergate. We need to learn how to detect the spread of that virus called intersectionality, and destroy it with radiation early on. This is not about video games or crypto. This is a cancer.

Can we move on to the truly interesting diversion and hijacking of the OP?

Why we need Women in Blocks and Chains

Destroying the Bloke-Chain...

legendary
April 19, 2019, 12:01:22 PM

Search P&S for: Gamergate. We need to learn how to detect the spread of that virus called intersectionality, and destroy it with radiation early on. This is not about video games or crypto. This is a cancer.

Can we move on to the truly interesting diversion and hijacking of the OP?

Why we need Women in Blocks and Chains
minds.com/Wilikon
April 19, 2019, 11:49:43 AM

At a recent Blockchain conference, a panel of women was at a loss for an answer to the question, how can blockchain help gender equality? The question and the answers, or non-answers the panellist gave, made me, an old ‘analogue’ feminist, realise that there is a dire need to raise awareness of the problem of gender inequality in the blockchain and crypto space.

Working for SwissBorg, a crypto wealth management platform on the Blockchain, I realised after researching the subject, attending conferences & meetups, and talking to colleagues, that the paucity of women in the field is so obvious it is worrisome. Women account for only around 5% in the crypto space and/or market. Oct. 2017, a survey conducted by Reddit user loveYouEth, found that 96% of Ether users are men, and MyEtherWallet reported that 84% of their wallet holders were male. So the need to raise our numbers is necessary not just for women but for the space as a whole. In order to do so, we have to start with some old-fashioned networking and gathering. Strength is in numbers and only when we come together can we be counted.

Activity: 172
Merit: 102
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
April 19, 2019, 10:12:00 AM
Women are more pragmatic and not as prone to risk as the male half. A different point of view that differs from the male will always benefit.
P.S. a woman needs a man everywhere ... Wink
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 19, 2019, 09:14:47 AM
We never know how much of women involved in blockchain developement,if you think less women are there in this field just based on attending a conference then it is kind of stupidity as well.Might be less women in this field but they do have same amout of skills as men do,there is no gender here.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Veil
April 19, 2019, 05:27:32 AM
Some one just said on the thread that the reason why there are few women in cryptocurrency is because"they lack the confidence to take risk" .
I want to respectfully disagree to that statement.
There's no one who takes risk the way a woman does.
What is more riskier to pushing out a baby through a small hole.
There are women in cryptocurrency , it's just that they are not that Loud.
legendary
March 28, 2019, 09:06:14 PM
....woman lack that confidence to take risk but men are more of risk taker's.

Women perhaps may by nature not take stupid risks that men take.

Of course that disproves the PC concept of "gender equality."
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
March 28, 2019, 03:34:09 PM
Gender has inequality have been a contending issue even outside blockchain most time both male and females have segregate them self's to some activities and making it one gender job, and the blockchain has witness minimal involvement of woman why it so I can't even answer may be because of the high risk involved in cryptocurrency related activities because woman lack that confidence to take risk but men are more of risk taker's.
Activity: 226
Merit: 0
March 28, 2019, 01:17:24 PM
the female potential in Blockchain is huge! maybe there is no balance yet but more and more women in the space do awesome stuff. I don't see the direct relationship of "blockchain help gender equality", but I know, I'm sure, that blockchain has space for women  Smiley Cool
Activity: 154
Merit: 13
March 27, 2019, 11:46:10 AM
Written by Setareh Sabety (Wordsmith at SwissBorg)

"At a recent Blockchain conference, a panel of women was at a loss for an answer to the question, how can blockchain help gender equality? The question and the answers, or non-answers the panellist gave, made me, an old ‘analogue’ feminist, realise that there is a dire need to raise awareness of the problem of gender inequality in the blockchain and crypto space"

Read more: https://medium.com/swissborg/why-we-need-women-in-blockchain-b99f27a03898
There is no balance between the number of men and women in this field
Very few women in this area.
But they had a big role in investing.
This role is constantly evolving.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 27, 2019, 11:38:29 AM
Creation of the blockchain is simply the way things work in supply and demand.

What happens to oppressive governments? They collapse after a while. In fact, they only become strong in the first place because they weren't oppressive in their beginnings. Consider the USSR (Russia). It became oppressive, and around 1990 it collapsed into a much freer government that we have today.

Smart business people understand this. So, they give at least the appearance of no-oppression to their slaves... but maybe some real freedom.

The blockchain came about because of the freedom and then the oppression. Freedom allowed technology that could produce such a thing like a blockchain to come into existence. Oppression brought about the need to make the blockchain so that people could regain freedom.

Then the blockchain was used to make profit for some, and to damage others - the 2017 rise in Bitcoin price, and the 2018 fall. So, some people became freer from the blockchain while others became enslaved.

Most people don't really think about this. All they do is attempt to maintain their freedom, and remain at least comfortable in their life.

The point? The minute a woman sees an advantage in getting into blockchain usage in some way, she will do it, or at least try. Some women have done this already. The rest simply aren't interested in the potential loss the blockchain might bring them.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
March 26, 2019, 09:56:28 PM
women are not really interested in blockchain technology and some of them are really not participating in some of the blockchain conference that I have attended so far.  We really need to educate them on how blockchain technology can bring equality not only in governments but also in gender.

How does blockchain technology bring equality to anyone? Its transparent, which is certainly a good feature for a lot of things, but I don't see how it has any effect on gender whatsoever. If women by percent are less interested in blockchain technology than men, that isn't a problem. You don't need to forcibly educate someone if it doesn't interest them, just so we can make the statics pretty. Its only a problem when there is some sort of exclusion going on that makes it that way. There is genuine systemic gender inequality in certain fields/hobbies, but those typically stem back hundreds of years. Blockchain Technology came about during a time where gender equality is a norm, so there shouldn't be any preconceived notions that women aren't allowed in cryptospace.

I'm absolutely for equal opportunity for all ages/races/genders to get into crypto, but I feel its sort of patronizing to start a crypto awareness campaign aimed towards 48-57 year old inuit women because they are the least prevalent group in the space. Just welcome anyone who wants to join, and things are how they should be. I can't say I've seen any behavior here anyway that would make anyone feel excluded.
legendary
March 26, 2019, 09:39:39 PM
.....there is a dire need to raise awareness of the problem of gender inequality in the blockchain and crypto space.....

There is ...

no "dire need"
no "gender inequality in the blockchain and crypto space..."
there is no "problem"
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
March 26, 2019, 03:09:36 PM
Written by Setareh Sabety (Wordsmith at SwissBorg)

"At a recent Blockchain conference, a panel of women was at a loss for an answer to the question, how can blockchain help gender equality? The question and the answers, or non-answers the panellist gave, made me, an old ‘analogue’ feminist, realise that there is a dire need to raise awareness of the problem of gender inequality in the blockchain and crypto space"

Read more: https://medium.com/swissborg/why-we-need-women-in-blockchain-b99f27a03898
women are not really interested in blockchain technology and some of them are really not participating in some of the blockchain conference that I have attended so far.  We really need to educate them on how blockchain technology can bring equality not only in governments but also in gender.
Pages:
Jump to: