Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we should fear a cashless world - page 19. (Read 9769 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 107
December 03, 2017, 08:49:31 PM
In a cashless world our currency was decentralized now we started a cashless we fear cashless because all fiat would be gone and its hard for the people who have  no knowledge in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
December 03, 2017, 07:43:36 PM
I fear a cashless world because we do not know what it entails. Although if you think about it, we are living in a cashless world today. Most countries don't even use cash as a primary tool of monetary exchange anymore. It is simply a fact.
Activity: 280
Merit: 105
December 03, 2017, 07:12:03 PM
What future are we talking about? Few years? 10 years?

I think in 10 years there would be no fiat money and no cash, because all economics will be changed, decentralised and that will change the worlds map. No governments, no borders. Universal Basic Income for all people on Blockchain. Lots of robots working for people etc.

There is no way that all of this can happen within 10 years and how would the blockchain even begin to generate and provide a basic universal income for all people using it? All of the things you've listed take so much time to be adopted as change always does, I would be surprised to see any of them happen within the next 50 years.
Activity: 476
Merit: 111
December 03, 2017, 07:06:04 PM
What future are we talking about? Few years? 10 years?

I think in 10 years there would be no fiat money and no cash, because all economics will be changed, decentralised and that will change the worlds map. No governments, no borders. Universal Basic Income for all people on Blockchain. Lots of robots working for people etc.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
December 03, 2017, 07:04:29 PM
I believe theres a lot of ways online system of payment or cashless system of monetary policy is very fearful and dangerous because:

1. Altcoins or crypto currency can be used to transact illegally. This can be used by many bad guys all over the world and the can continue to do they bad doings without worrying any financial transaction because its digital.

2. We all know that in this cryptoworld we never know when these digital money can be available. Yes we never know how long would these digital currency last.

3. These can be used as easy go out scams. Because most of the investing site/mining site vanishes in a blink of an eye without any trace because its digital and its level of security is very high! And a lot more stories will come. Thats why having a cashless system of payment is very fearful.

We need not be afraid of cashless world because it will never happen. You imagine, how they are people who live in the village or in traditional markets. How will they do the transaction if cash is not allowed? Will they do a barter system like ancient times? Transactions using cryptocurrency will grow in the future, but that will not make Cash disappear. So stay calm and not to be afraid. People can judge and see everything. People who are not capable use Bitcoin or any digital coin will not afraid and keep living !

Well our socio economic life wouldn't always be the same and there is bound to be developments at some point even if it's not our generation it will definitely happen in generations to come where everyone would be somewhat educated to use digital electronics systems.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
December 03, 2017, 06:59:30 PM
I believe theres a lot of ways online system of payment or cashless system of monetary policy is very fearful and dangerous because:

1. Altcoins or crypto currency can be used to transact illegally. This can be used by many bad guys all over the world and the can continue to do they bad doings without worrying any financial transaction because its digital.

2. We all know that in this cryptoworld we never know when these digital money can be available. Yes we never know how long would these digital currency last.

3. These can be used as easy go out scams. Because most of the investing site/mining site vanishes in a blink of an eye without any trace because its digital and its level of security is very high! And a lot more stories will come. Thats why having a cashless system of payment is very fearful.

We need not be afraid of cashless world because it will never happen. You imagine, how they are people who live in the village or in traditional markets. How will they do the transaction if cash is not allowed? Will they do a barter system like ancient times? Transactions using cryptocurrency will grow in the future, but that will not make Cash disappear. So stay calm and not to be afraid. People can judge and see everything. People who are not capable use Bitcoin or any digital coin will not afraid and keep living !
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
December 03, 2017, 06:49:53 PM
I think those only who are not capable to use bitcoin or any digital coin are going to be afraid in the Cashless Society. Because if we already entire the Cashless Society it is more easy for us to use it.

You have point, but if we are living in a cashless world, because it will become a centralized and it would be easy for the government to manipulate the currency we are using for and there will be a panic that is going to happen considering government are corrupt, we don't want to be controlled by them as we want freedom to spend our bitcoin funds.
I think centralization will only happen if you use fiat (the government will probably have a digital version of fiat in the next few years) there is no centralization of bitcoin. yeah moreover cashless help us to do the transaction quickly and very flexible to carry wherever. and of course the government will easily see what its citizens do in conducting financial transactions
Activity: 151
December 03, 2017, 06:41:07 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
December 03, 2017, 06:37:19 PM
Are you saying we should be in fear now? Why should we be in fear? We are almost in a cashless world as it stands right now. I think the figure is that only 30% of all the money currently held today is in cash whereas it used to be 100% before the invention of digital transactions. Which means every day less and less cash is out there to be used by people and transactions are becoming more and more digital.
Activity: 359
December 03, 2017, 06:24:03 PM
I think those only who are not capable to use bitcoin or any digital coin are going to be afraid in the Cashless Society. Because if we already entire the Cashless Society it is more easy for us to use it.

You have point, but if we are living in a cashless world, because it will become a centralized and it would be easy for the government to manipulate the currency we are using for and there will be a panic that is going to happen considering government are corrupt, we don't want to be controlled by them as we want freedom to spend our bitcoin funds.
Activity: 77
Merit: 13
December 03, 2017, 06:18:21 PM
Arent credit cards, debit cards, apple pay, paypal, alipay, wechat pay, etc..... cashless?
I believe we are all already semi-cashless society, as most of the cash-based economies are usually third world countries.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
December 03, 2017, 06:14:48 PM
Activity: 202
Merit: 102
December 03, 2017, 06:12:27 PM
I think we will never reach cashless world till USA is printing money. It will hit its economic system and bring it to default.

Forcing consumers to go cashless comes with concerns. Those hurt the most could be the poor and small businesses who today rely deeply on cash. Some believe that a contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
December 03, 2017, 04:39:38 PM
Cause it won't be anything to make value of something for me world without it won't survive for more than half year.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
December 03, 2017, 04:30:34 PM
I think we should not be afraid of the non-cash world, because it's impossible right now...a lot of countries are not adapted to this, and as mentioned above - small businesses are also unable to support it...and this is a large part of the population...so it doesn't threaten us
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
November 30, 2017, 07:42:58 PM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion
But that is only true if we live in a cashless world dominated by fiat currency but now thanks to bitcoin you can avoid that level of surveillance, so that world is never going to materialize the same way a world where the elites had a monopoly on information did not materialize thanks to the printing press at first and then thanks to the Internet.
Activity: 196
November 30, 2017, 07:36:05 PM
Hmm cashless world is crypto? It was kinda suggestion or what? If we are talking about debet cards etc. i think is it huge possibility not ony the payment version but also something new. For sure if yu ccan pay for your shoping with card without your password then if someone else will steal your  card he could be able to make anythingl. So stay tuned and watch out.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 357
November 30, 2017, 06:59:27 PM
A cashless world is like what we have seen on futuristic movies. More and more transcations rely on the internet and in cash taht even poor people has card. I think if that happens, even poor people are be given a card to use. There are more aspects to consider before that happen and i think its a 100 year process and hopefuly there would be no poor people in this world.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 05:44:49 PM
I was told in a cashless society we would earn some kind of shared income per month as a community pay or something like that I think AI is somehow involved once there will be no more use for people when robots take our jobs? I forget the exact explanations but it was an interesting theory.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 05:19:18 PM

Nobody can deny the fact that bitcoin is quite powerful as a means of currency,  but many factors can cause fear for the cashless world as many are not fully aware of how it works and often the disadvantages are highlighted.
Pages:
Jump to: