Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we should fear a cashless world - page 18. (Read 9769 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 131
December 13, 2017, 04:32:21 AM
Technology have its own pros and cons....history also proved that every inventions till now like T.V. refrigirator etc made human lazy and less social and also lost pease of mind

Cashless will even make people to become more lazy because where ever they go to any retial shop they can use their debit and credit card but the thing government are pushing people to go cashless because they want to make more money on these debit and credit transaction.
The cashless community is a never to be done! people around the world, some of them are now bringing money anymore and just cards with them, but to be a cashless all over the world is insane, as long as those cards or cryptocurrency are internets depended it will be meaningless to promote. the internet is not stable and we cant be assured that there will be internet 24/7 with no problem even just a second.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
December 13, 2017, 04:05:02 AM
Technology have its own pros and cons....history also proved that every inventions till now like T.V. refrigirator etc made human lazy and less social and also lost pease of mind

I remember when there a lot of issues tackling the harmful effects of internet but look at where we are now. Nobody really cares about negative effect when it comes to innovation because it's part of the evolution and progress.
Activity: 360
December 13, 2017, 03:10:13 AM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion

I think the things to fear in a cashless world is the work load that there is in order for a successful and effective implementation of online currencies and removal of the physical money. Also, the fact that it is all integrated with computer makes me worried that some day there might be a really good hacker that could infiltrate the system.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
December 13, 2017, 02:34:42 AM
A cashless society is giving complete control over to the bankers.

When implemented (which will happen sooner rather than later) you can expect the following -

1) Negative interest rates - spend your money or watch the balance shrink daily

2) Bail in's - Laws already in place, you are classed as an investor in the bank.  When the bank folds you loose your cash.

3) No more bank runs due to point 2 as there is no longer any physical money to withdraw.

4) Every transaction you make is logged and audited.

5) Not classed as a "good" citizen, they will freeze your account leaving you destitute instantly.

A cashless world means a wprld full of hackers. With the florishing cyber world comes also the florishing cyber crimes particularly hacking. Cashless world would mean more people will transact with anonymitu which is a bad thing in trading,
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
December 12, 2017, 11:54:30 PM

Cashless will even make people to become more lazy because where ever they go to any retial shop they can use their debit and credit card but the thing government are pushing people to go cashless because they want to make more money on these debit and credit transaction.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
December 12, 2017, 11:53:27 PM
A cashless world is a threat to all small business entrepreneurs like stores, and even poor people with no idea about the crypto world. It also a threat to all banks in the whole wolrd. But this cashless world can help also in terms of crime prevention in the government like theft, robbery and bank hold ups and etc.

yeah right,  that is why its really impossible for our world to be a cashless society, sure some companies will always embrace bitcoin mostly online and some of the elite and major ones because they believe bitcoin can add inovation to them just by making transactions to a new level and with help of blockchain technology but fiats and local currencies wont still be vanished or dissapear because as you said earlier many people especially poorer ones will be on trouble. also being cashless doesnt guarantee that crimes will be lessen or prevented because it can still happen expecially on an online environment were hackers, viruses, malwares are the new threat.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
December 12, 2017, 11:24:17 PM
A cashless world is a threat to all small business entrepreneurs like stores, and even poor people with no idea about the crypto world. It also a threat to all banks in the whole wolrd. But this cashless world can help also in terms of crime prevention in the government like theft, robbery and bank hold ups and etc.
Not only a threat for them but it is also give them difficulties to adapt this new technology because of having a limited resources. That's why bitcoin wouldn't be consider as global currency in replacement of USD for the fact that it won't be applicable to all level of society.  
But, still there is a possibility that bitcoin would be a major used of the people in and out transaction in the future if this technology will still exist and still have a good market value.

In this generation, middle class and elite people are already practicing cashless transactions since mostly they are using creditcards and any other form of electronic payments. However, cashless transaction to all level of society is quite impossible since poor people don't have knowledge about electronic payment  as well as about cryptocurrency.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
December 12, 2017, 11:09:01 PM
Not only a threat for them but it is also give them difficulties to adapt this new technology because of having a limited resources. That's why bitcoin wouldn't be consider as global currency in replacement of USD for the fact that it won't be applicable to all level of society.  
But, still there is a possibility that bitcoin would be a major used of the people in and out transaction in the future if this technology will still exist and still have a good market value.
Activity: 294
December 12, 2017, 08:56:50 PM
Activity: 630
Merit: 257
December 12, 2017, 07:39:21 PM
Technology have its own pros and cons....history also proved that every inventions till now Eg T.V. refrigirator etc made human lazy and less social. Through it keep us more updated and connected but still we lost our pease of mind due to this fast lifestyle. In the same way, being cashless is not bad...as transactions are more easy and fast, less chances of human error etc but it will make us more lazy and introvert than ever before.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
December 12, 2017, 07:31:42 PM
Arent credit cards, debit cards, apple pay, paypal, alipay, wechat pay, etc..... cashless?
I believe we are all already semi-cashless society, as most of the cash-based economies are usually third world countries.
Correct, we are already mostly cashless, cash is a very small amount of the money that is circulating around the world, and bitcoin is just another way to make payments online with the difference that is decentralized and that no government backs it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
December 06, 2017, 01:06:25 AM
Cause it won't be anything to make value of something for me world without it won't survive for more than half year.
Loi, I think you are not living in 21st century that’s why fearing cashless society. We have already come far away from cash now, dear. We are already using plastic money and cash is carried by very few people who are unable to deal with plastic money due to their illiteracy.

World can easily survive without cash and most of the developed countries are already using cash very less and same trend will be followed by developing ones soon.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
December 04, 2017, 09:44:01 AM
In all new endeavors, people are fearful to try or even to really commit on the change. People fear a cashless world probably for the following reasons. They might be fearful because it is unfamiliar to them, no one has made it to the point how it will be comfortable for people to use until and fearful that this might not work out. Us, bitcoin users need to continuously share what it means to use bitcoin in our lives and how it is making an impact to us personally.
We can really change their fears into something if we are going to make them realize that cashless world is great and we can do that by educating them and having a lot of orientation and different kinds of programs that can make them think that cashless world is awesome and one of the best example for cashless world is the country of Zimbabwe where the people there uses e-wallets and e-currencies.
Activity: 476
Merit: 111
December 04, 2017, 03:14:31 AM

There is no way that all of this can happen within 10 years and how would the blockchain even begin to generate and provide a basic universal income for all people using it? All of the things you've listed take so much time to be adopted as change always does, I would be surprised to see any of them happen within the next 50 years.

We already develop Basic Income on Blockchain. We also have an MVP, soon we'll make an airdrop and lots of people will use it all around the world. We also already have partners who are ready to get our tokens for goods and services. Lets wait a little and see.

It's not a fear, it's inconvenient for us with a cashless world, no cash mean no fiats , no paper money. So what will you pay for your daily needs?

You'll pay with cryptocurrency. Why do you need fiat for it?

How do we not fear? The more advanced the technology then it also affects the price of goods and food in addition to the cost of education is also paid by using money, buy food for the family also use the money, basically everything should use the money. If anyone talks "I can live without money" i think it's just bullshit.

In a month we'll start an experiment, living for 1 month only with cryptocurrency payments. So you'll see, we don't need cash anymore!
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
December 04, 2017, 02:56:06 AM
In all new endeavors, people are fearful to try or even to really commit on the change. People fear a cashless world probably for the following reasons. They might be fearful because it is unfamiliar to them, no one has made it to the point how it will be comfortable for people to use until and fearful that this might not work out. Us, bitcoin users need to continuously share what it means to use bitcoin in our lives and how it is making an impact to us personally.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
December 04, 2017, 02:17:37 AM
How do we not fear? The more advanced the technology then it also affects the price of goods and food in addition to the cost of education is also paid by using money, buy food for the family also use the money, basically everything should use the money. If anyone talks "I can live without money" i think it's just bullshit.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 01:58:25 AM
It's not a fear, it's inconvenient for us with a cashless world, no cash mean no fiats , no paper money. So what will you pay for your daily needs?
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
December 04, 2017, 01:55:32 AM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion
No government control or no rules in general will be lead to widespread chaos. If every node is of transaction is done digitally hacker's have a great advantage and can crack almost every source. Incase the networks are offline trading or even basic transactions will not be possible, so cash is very important even in the long run.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 04, 2017, 01:35:24 AM

Discussion
I tottaly agree with this thread. Cashless system will have a lot of negative side  while the positive side will be minimal. I hate to say this but I if cashless society will be implemented, our money will be logged and we are forced to pay tax (not that I hate paying tax). I don't like the idea were all of my money will be deducted because of tax. Haha. I am willing to give a part of it being taxable and while the other parts are not.
Activity: 462
December 03, 2017, 09:38:34 PM
live without money like a bird without wings. it's true that digital money today is very much used by everyone, but not everyone can use digital money, especially for people who lack knowledge. the government will not allow it all.
Pages:
Jump to: