Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we should fear a cashless world - page 28. (Read 9801 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 506
July 05, 2016, 03:40:17 AM
A cashless world would never happen. Governments of countries would never let this happen. Bitcoin is one of the worst things for them. If bitcoin doesn't give them any benefits, then they are just going to stick with fiat.

Governments are the ones who are pushing for a cashless world. A cashless world doesn't mean bitcoin. It means that all transactions are conducted through banking channels and there is no leakage in tax revenue.
That can be bad because there are still a lot of people that dont even know what Bitcoin is and that is the problem and you see of course now that Bitcoin is becoming more worth.
And it will be nice if Bitcoin will be more used but that is hard to know.

Bitcoin popularity in increasing day by day. and i can see a day when it is so much used everywhere that no one will want to use physical cash for buying and selling. This will a point where we will be moving towards a cashless world.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
July 04, 2016, 06:42:05 AM
this may not happen sooner though. i don't think it will ever happen to any country but Sweden. not sure why they ever approved of that.
if we'd all be using crypto currencies, it would be just find and by that we can say its decentralized still. And that no one can simply just declare the cash isn't valuable anymore.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
July 04, 2016, 06:10:16 AM
I would fear if the world will be cashless because without cash negotiations are hard. Without it well I think we would trade goods that we have for services or other goods but I think it is also hard because it needs more negotiation than paying with cash where deals are easy. I don't think that a cashless world is impossible.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 04, 2016, 06:03:40 AM
i dont imagine leaving in such a world wow...
Communism or something? u cant spread the goods over the people that everyone would have the same,its just not possible...
A dream,but i would say it's more like a nightmare Cheesy
Activity: 448
July 04, 2016, 04:59:56 AM
We would fear a cashless world because then the goverment would be able to keep track of everything that we are buying on a daily bases and I would not agree with that.
I would like to keep my privacy not that I have anything to hide but I just want to keep somethings to my self.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
July 04, 2016, 04:25:51 AM
We should fear a cashless world because then the government then can keep an eye on us way to easy and most people would like there privacy.
The goverment as not to know everything that we are buying.
if we are living in a cashless world, it would be easy for the government to manipulate the currency we are using and there will be a panic that is going to happen considering government are corrupt, we don't want to be controlled by them as we want freedom to spend our funds.
Activity: 448
June 20, 2016, 04:40:57 AM
We should fear a cashless world because then the government then can keep an eye on us way to easy and most people would like there privacy.
The goverment as not to know everything that we are buying.
Activity: 350
June 20, 2016, 03:59:35 AM
A cashless world would never happen. Governments of countries would never let this happen. Bitcoin is one of the worst things for them. If bitcoin doesn't give them any benefits, then they are just going to stick with fiat.

Governments are the ones who are pushing for a cashless world. A cashless world doesn't mean bitcoin. It means that all transactions are conducted through banking channels and there is no leakage in tax revenue.
That can be bad because there are still a lot of people that dont even know what Bitcoin is and that is the problem and you see of course now that Bitcoin is becoming more worth.
And it will be nice if Bitcoin will be more used but that is hard to know.
Activity: 336
June 20, 2016, 03:42:11 AM
A cashless society is giving complete control over to the bankers.

When implemented (which will happen sooner rather than later) you can expect the following -

1) Negative interest rates - spend your money or watch the balance shrink daily

2) Bail in's - Laws already in place, you are classed as an investor in the bank.  When the bank folds you loose your cash.

3) No more bank runs due to point 2 as there is no longer any physical money to withdraw.

4) Every transaction you make is logged and audited.

5) Not classed as a "good" citizen, they will freeze your account leaving you destitute instantly.

AZll of your points are bullshit i dont think we should fear a cashless world nobody could llife without cash cash has become the most important thing on these planet you can say that is not true but think and you will know it is .
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
June 20, 2016, 02:38:35 AM
Well I think that a cashless world happening wouldn't be possible for now. I think it wouldn't be possible for now because many people uses paper cash to pay for services and goods.

Yeah that's right many people didn't know about bitcoin so it's hard as of now to replace physical currency with digital (bitcoin). But, i think that there is a possibility that bitcoin will be use as main currency if many people will get into bitcoin so the bitcoin will attract more people and bitcoin will be more famous than before.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 19, 2016, 07:07:01 AM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion

In  a cashless world people will become slaves of the technology and if the system crashes,billions of dollars

could dissapear.People still need paper money and paper money are still useful.

Bitcoin can be printed and used as paper money.That`s not a problem  Smiley
Yes bitcoin paper money will become useful, however other fellow citizen it could rise a confusion and people who doesn't know BTC would feel ignorant, and could rise a problem having said that as for the title says simple some folks could came up with something new and ignorant would be entertained by them that is the beginning and the end.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
June 19, 2016, 03:02:29 AM
Obviously there is a lot of cash circling the economy right now. To be able to go to cashless all that would have to be shredded and destroyed, right? I think that alone could take decades but then again maybe if we live in tyranny then the government would just be a dictator and declare that stores can not accept cash anymore as a form of debt payment. That would lead to a revolution though Grin
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 19, 2016, 02:58:50 AM
Cashless world? Well

Bad effect- fraudster will be many and hacking issue will rise knowing no system is safe all are breachable depends on skill level of hacker, and also its very hard trust it because all people want to hold some cash and i think it would be safer if we can touch it.

Good effects- we can easily do transaction with digital moneys, we can get less payment if we send anywhere in the globe And lastly we cannot fell heavy metal on our pocket when walking Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
June 18, 2016, 08:24:22 PM
You realize using a debit card or whatever is digital just like using Bitcoin? Except they know who's wallet is who's because of the information tied to your bank account. A cashless world will never exist because we could theoretically use Bitcoin as "cash". Only it is digital cash so you need to do the payment wallet to wallet. I see no problem in the future to be honest and cash will always exist because it has to.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 18, 2016, 08:16:48 PM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion
Mainly, be worried about decreasing interest rates that cause whatever money you have to plummet in value, making it extremely difficult to get rid of and even break even, fluctuations can be extremely good, but if you're not careful can ruin you
Also, every single transaction you make will be logged, and stored on your account with data about you attatched, if you're deemed a bad person in society every single thing you own or have bought can be tracked, and shut down with ease
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
June 18, 2016, 11:41:04 AM
I don't think we will be cashless for a very ling time if ever. It's too hard to switch over quickly. I see cash and electronic money transfers working together for a very long time.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
June 18, 2016, 10:52:16 AM

true. but people like us will always keep using. so it better sit side by side.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 18, 2016, 10:20:26 AM

This. It is about surveillance and keeping tabs on what people spend their money on and finding opportunities to tax them.
This is why I can never see a cashless world being willfully implemented by the people; too many people know this stuff already and simply wouldn't go through with having every move of their money tracked. I know I wouldn't, anyways, but that might not be representative of the majority.

"Two things are certain, death and taxes." - Benjamin Franklin
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
June 18, 2016, 10:19:27 AM

That is the worst can happen to us, banks controlling us and robbing us more than that they are already doing. Bitcoin is an answer to this but still isn't enough , at least is helping us to evade quite some taxes, in my country online earnings are not taxable as its not known as a legit way of revenue, so Bitcoin has helped me a lot in this way, what I win in bitcoin is 100% mine and the same when I withdraw in cash.
Bitcoin and FIAT can't do without each other at this stage, who knows what can happen next for the moment, cashless world is not possible.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
June 18, 2016, 10:11:12 AM

This. It is about surveillance and keeping tabs on what people spend their money on and finding opportunities to tax them.
Pages:
Jump to: