Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we should fear a cashless world - page 31. (Read 9801 times)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
May 03, 2016, 11:34:39 AM
If there was a cashless world the people are then forced to life like in the prehistory again. Nobody is going to work or going to school because then there is no point in working or going to school.

Yeah cashless world truly makes living to go long back. This will truly affect the growth as most people were now in complete dependence over technology.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
May 03, 2016, 11:02:54 AM
Why would you fear for a cashless world do you really think there will be a time that no one
would use gold instead of bit coins. I doubt that everyone just keep remaining on their gold because witch
company pays their employees in coins XD
Activity: 420
May 03, 2016, 10:20:20 AM
If there was a cashless world the people are then forced to life like in the prehistory again. Nobody is going to work or going to school because then there is no point in working or going to school.
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
April 22, 2016, 02:42:40 AM
Why do all the Scandinavian countries want to transition to a cashless society? Moreover the people there use predominantly credit and debit cards and do most of their big purchases online and even pay for their daily grocery shopping via cards too.  Whay do you think guys?
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 22, 2016, 01:21:19 AM
There can't really be a cashless society that will function properly if it is implemented by people that can control where everything can go. I think Bitcoin, or some other similar system, would be the best platform for a cashless society.

Governments will not give up fiat and embrace Bitcoin, because they can control fiat, its emission and value. Banks will also not give up fiat since Bitcoin would make their business not needed. And banks buy easily governments.

So to have a fair cashless society the whole way to do politics has to change. A lot.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
April 21, 2016, 10:57:50 AM
There will always be people that will avoid the system.

People do trade carrots for eggs and such even now here and there.
People still use gold, diamonds and such for "whatever comes" if they have the opportunity.

Yes, cashless world is bad if it's implemented by bankers (we still hope for a cashless world with Bitcoin, right?), but there will be enough way to avoid "the system".
There can't really be a cashless society that will function properly if it is implemented by people that can control where everything can go. I think Bitcoin, or some other similar system, would be the best platform for a cashless society.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
April 21, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
There will always be people that will avoid the system.

People do trade carrots for eggs and such even now here and there.
People still use gold, diamonds and such for "whatever comes" if they have the opportunity.

Yes, cashless world is bad if it's implemented by bankers (we still hope for a cashless world with Bitcoin, right?), but there will be enough way to avoid "the system".
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
March 22, 2016, 05:59:12 AM
This is the worst point of the system. At this point laws can manipulate any person on the planet to do anything.
Activity: 350
April 21, 2016, 10:44:57 AM
We should fear a cashless world because the government can then now how much money we have and they would have to much control in my opinion. The balance in the world would not be fair at all.
Activity: 924
March 22, 2016, 05:58:38 AM
for me, we should not fear a world without money. because, when there is no money. the way we see items is equal. Example: trading , when we are trading. what we want is what we get.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
March 21, 2016, 02:56:26 PM
I can't imagine a cashless world this century, except in a few fascists countries like Sweden or Denmark. The only credit card I have doesn't work in the country I'm currently living, where I don't have a bank account, so I just couldn't live without cash. I withdrew cash before coming here, and I will have to leave the country when my cash will dry out.

What would the homeless and the poor do without cash? In western Europe nowadays, it's getting more and more difficult to live without a bank account, and you'll end up paying much more for some services. The cashless society that some see as the future will be hell to the poor.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
March 21, 2016, 12:42:56 PM
Business occurred in our daily basis only depends on a cash. All types of transaction do practice using only by cash. Business establishment most of them depend on cash basis and person to person transactions. It will be somehow very difficult for people to move without cash on hand like buying a fresh cooked food and others..
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
March 21, 2016, 12:41:27 PM

Surely it's expensive for retailers though? The VISA network charges vendors up to 5% of the transaction. Whereas when you accept cash there is no cost.

Shifting to a cashless system would cost retailers 5% of their sales -which they would pass on to their customers. Have prices risen in Sweden since they implemented this?

It is also expensive for retailers to handle cash.

Why do you think they offer "cash back" when you pay by card, they want the physical money out of the shop.
legendary
Activity: 1456
March 21, 2016, 12:38:37 PM
Surely it's expensive for retailers though? The VISA network charges vendors up to 5% of the transaction. Whereas when you accept cash there is no cost.

Shifting to a cashless system would cost retailers 5% of their sales -which they would pass on to their customers. Have prices risen in Sweden since they implemented this?

In europe credit and debit card rates are too low, always under 0.50 %, it will not affect the prices of product.  http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/jul/27/cap-on-card-fees-retailers
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
March 21, 2016, 12:37:53 PM
Cashless world as mentioned in the document, it will ruin the poor and the growth of small scale traders. On the whole the technology will make changes but it should be developed in a equal manner to reach all.

I agree with this statement.  While I like the idea of a cashless society I do not like the possibility that small business or the poor will fall through the cracks.  Maybe the concept of the "basic living" through crypto would be good for that to make sure that it is distributed equally, then of course you can make much more beyond that through a semi-capitalistic system.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 21, 2016, 12:18:22 PM
What if we dont let our wallet address be hold by bankers and instead we'll just make a direct transaction with no middlemans like banks
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
March 21, 2016, 12:05:29 PM
This is good news... people that's bright is already seeing the game and how it's going to be played: They will keep pushing for the anti cash agenda, smart people will keep stocking up on Bitcoin so when Bitcoin becomes the only way to deal with money outside of the governmental control, we will go up to the trillion+ dollar marketcap easily, rendering anyone holding a couple of Bitcoin very wealthy.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 21, 2016, 12:02:01 PM
Well in case some didn't knew, Sweden was the first cashless country since past 4 or 5 months (IIRC) and they haven't suffer any problem so far and the route for other countries is surely the same, it's just the matter of when it will happen. Some say cash is good and they could leave without the need of other monetary systems like credit/debit which is connected to banks and online options like BTCitcoin. We can't hold too much of cash at our hand or disposal but we could have them saved on either banks or in our BTCitcoin wallets (no matter how large the amount). Some sited that the poor people would be the ones who will suffer the most for this evolution but surely there will be a way for them as well although it's not going to be a smooth one. We never know, maybe in the near future, every single person will have a single card (regardless of being rich or poor) and all their wealth automatically stores there (still long way though) or even some sort of genetics wallet, connected to someones genes only.

legendary
Activity: 1456
March 21, 2016, 11:04:33 AM
The problem isn't cashless, the problem is a centralized bank system. Bitcoin coud solve the problem for users that don't rely on banks. Bitcoin in this context its like cash (it has no central system that could block your money).
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 21, 2016, 10:47:10 AM
a cashless world can only work with a decentaralized system, not a centralized autorithy like bank and governmetns, so bitcoin is the correct answer for this

therefore only if somethign like bitcoin will be very big, you can get rid of cash completely
Pages:
Jump to: