Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 137. (Read 270139 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Guys if we do not sell and just collect and collect isn't it bad for the community because less coins will be available and people will not use it much or the best case the price will go higher?

If some people want to use the coin, they can still buy from the exchanges and use them, but the price will be higher.
There is a possibility for decreasing prices and in that time the guys who hold all of their bitcoins will not benefit it.

Yeah, its better to keep on spending our bitcoins on regular basis, do not wait too long for price hike as we are not sure where bitcoin will reach in future, if there is a little pump we should sell our bitcoins.
Maybe people need to sell some of bitcoin and not all of it when there is volatility. However in other markets when prices are unstable, professionals usually do not do deal.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Guys if we do not sell and just collect and collect isn't it bad for the community because less coins will be available and people will not use it much or the best case the price will go higher?

If some people want to use the coin, they can still buy from the exchanges and use them, but the price will be higher.
There is a possibility for decreasing prices and in that time the guys who hold all of their bitcoins will not benefit it.

Yeah, its better to keep on spending our bitcoins on regular basis, do not wait too long for price hike as we are not sure where bitcoin will reach in future, if there is a little pump we should sell our bitcoins.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
You know, considering the attacks on btc and the number of things happening right now, I'd understand people who sell massively :-/
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

Activity: 350
Just a reminder -> factual Speculation: Owning 1 whole BTC will be completely unheard of by 2020..

1,000,000 people = 21 BTC -> (every 1 person is 21 BTC)

1 person = 21,000,000 BTC
10 people = 2,100,000 BTC
100 people = 210,000 BTC
1,000 people = 21,000 BTC
10,000 people = 2,100 BTC
100,000 people = 210 BTC
1,000,000 people = 21 BTC
10,000,000 people = 2.1 BTC
100,000,000 people = 0.21 BTC
1,000,000,000 people = 0.021 BTC
10,000,000,000 people = 0.0021 BTC

I'm almost convinced that powerless people (new Bitcoiners) can't buy bitcoins in future, very difficult to getting 1 full Bitcoin!
Edit: no worries about 2MB situation etc... Group devs and co has survived it all..  Wink
it means that the more users, the price of bitcoin will further increase. I will wait for that day
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
if the price movement continue like this. trend up. I would not sell until prices become stable
Activity: 798
Activity: 266
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Never sell your bitcoins. Never. Because that's why you have money. To never use it. Smart idea.

I think it is a good idea to hold some of the bitcoin and use some. if we do not use it, the bitcoin has no value.
Activity: 182

if you believe bitcoin prices will be higher than today. you have to say it, and be patient for it

I believe the bitcoin price will one thousand folds of present value. So I am patient and hold my coin.

Nothing is guaranteed for sure, you keep on waiting too long and end up loosing everything if the price drops down to minimum, so it is advisable to sell your coins when you are earning some profit out of it.
Just a reminder -> factual Speculation: Owning 1 whole BTC will be completely unheard of by 2020..

100 people = 210,000 BTC
100,000 people = 210 BTC

I'm almost convinced that powerless people (new Bitcoiners) can't buy bitcoins in future, very difficult to getting 1 full Bitcoin!
Edit: no worries about 2MB situation etc... Group devs and co has survived it all..  Wink

If you say so ^^

I'm not sure btc will be adopted enough to do so!
Activity: 266

if you believe bitcoin prices will be higher than today. you have to say it, and be patient for it

I believe the bitcoin price will one thousand folds of present value. So I am patient and hold my coin.
Activity: 59
Bitcoin is the currency of resistance.

100 people = 210,000 BTC
100,000 people = 210 BTC

Edit: no worries about 2MB situation etc... Group devs and co has survived it all..  Wink

Never sell your bitcoins. Never. Because that's why you have money. To never use it. Smart idea.
There will be a time that you must sell your coins. If the value has a good price why not ? Maybe in the future.
You never know what can happen in the future. So you must sell it if the value is very high.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I believe you mean: permanently sell them. I suggest investing them in the meanwhile though.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 721
I think it's smart to hold some for the long term.  But it's also a good idea to spend some to promote Bitcoin.  In fact spending it could make the value of Bitcoin increase if it makes it more widely used and accepted.

Well if you go this way: If nobody spends bitcoin the price will NEVER rise Wink
Of course it will.
Bitcoin is two things:
(1) A currency, that you can use for spending, buying stuff.
(2) A store of value, much like gold.

What you're doing here is reducing bitcoin to only its first use, forgetting that people who hold also take part in the price increase.
Imagine that everyone in the world wants bitcoin like crazy. Those who hold hold like crazy. They refuse to let go of their bitcoins unless they're paid a fortune. And at the other end those who don't have bitcoins yet are ready to pay fortunes to join in. In that example the price will skyrocket. And that's what's happening to bitcoin now, on a lower scale: every time the price increases it means that people don't want to let go, while others want to join in.

That's the way gold works. That's the way gold gains value: with more and more people wanting to join the party and less and less people keen to leave it.
Activity: 434
i dont think you should be saying that,because if you dont sell your btc it cannot be converted into you currency..!!..if you ask me i would say you have to sell your btc!!

But in future sure bitcoin will reach to all people that you no need bitcoin as fiat. It will anywhere. Many of the people already have bitcoin debit card, that would help you to stay from exchanging.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
i dont think you should be saying that,because if you dont sell your btc it cannot be converted into you currency..!!..if you ask me i would say you have to sell your btc!!
I think you can saying that if you have any reason for it. for me if the price is not a good situation, in the sense bitcoin prices are falling, of course I will not sell my bitcoin, it would only make lost
I'd rather borrow money to my friend, if it's really urgent
Jump to: