Pages:
Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 2. (Read 270138 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 0
In my opinion, depending on the situation and the market trend to choose whether to sell or hold. I like to trade day or short term. That means putting a profit target when it reaches or reaches a good limit. can sell it. The point of view on your question may be consistent with long-term investment strategies.
Activity: 111
This is not the reason for all. No one can advise us never to sell. Clearly following today's trends, we all pay close attention and care to bitcoins as a form of investment and business. It is much different than the purpose to use. So, either the holder or the trader directs to the value for profit generated. The fluctuation of profit depends on experience, knowledge of each person and luck. We need to adapt to changes from the market. Sell ​​/ buy / hold is the plan, the business strategy of each person.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest
You do have a point sir but some of us here are earning because of bitcoin. We cash it out to have extra cash to support ourselves financially. Selling bitcoin if it reaches triple the price you bought it isn't as bad as we all think. From that point, we have gained enough and got back the money we used for investment.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
for the maximum profit of investment ofcourse. i am not that talented in trading term, so i prefer hold on to some coin and enjoy their prices up in the matter of time. well, it is better to invest than stay in paper money
Yeah, as the time passes, bitcoin becomes more strong and powerful. As bitcoin is a great digital long-term investment and for the larger profit, it needs to be invested for a long span and by selling it may even cause you to regret in future. So, I consider holding bitcoin as long as possible so that you'll be able to get a maximum profit out it...
but all of that sometimes we have to sell it to meet the necessities of life. indeed basically we know that saving bitcoin will provide great benefits in the future, because we will get a bigger profit too
Activity: 420
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Bitcoins value rises that is why you never sell your bitcoins yet not never because if you not sell your bitcoins in your existence then what is the reason you buy bitcoins? For keeps? That not possible of course everybody biya bitcoins to sell them in the future or to use them as a part of the currency and they are not buying that just to store that in their entire life. They are just holding jem for a long time because they wanted for the bitcoins price to go up and then they will sell it
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
for the maximum profit of investment ofcourse. i am not that talented in trading term, so i prefer hold on to some coin and enjoy their prices up in the matter of time. well, it is better to invest than stay in paper money
Yeah, as the time passes, bitcoin becomes more strong and powerful. As bitcoin is a great digital long-term investment and for the larger profit, it needs to be invested for a long span and by selling it may even cause you to regret in future. So, I consider holding bitcoin as long as possible so that you'll be able to get a maximum profit out it...
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
I think they should sell their bitcoin when the value of it is in the highest price to get more profit.
Unlike now if they dispose it they are losing half of their investment.
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
I think Bitcoin will get the highest price after few months and especially after the next halving, so i think it's better to hold the coins right now and selling it when the price rise again for making good profit
Activity: 161
Merit: 1
0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4
exchanging bitcoin for fiat may seem counterproductive but when bitcoin reaches 20k, I believe we will see a fair number of people start selling bitcoin to get back some profits.

I think that is not something to be ashamed about. As an investor (and believer in crypto), securing some gains while holding the rest of your bitcoin for even more gains is a shrewd move.

So do sell some and enjoy yourself. But keep most of it for the future!
Activity: 235
The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]
I don't want to sell yet my bitcoin because the price now is still dump.i'm waiting for the increase like what happen last december ,no one knows that it reaches to almost $20k.I believed it will happen again.
Activity: 336
Bitcoin is like an asset, remember during the launching of bitcoins back to 2010 where in 10000 bitcoins converted to a pizza, Who knows 10000 btc is worth millions in the present, Imagine the time span of bitcoin becomes worth into millions, Smiley Bitcoins are good for investment, The historical background itself are the best evidence why we should hold our bitcoins:)
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I know bitcoin will rise up and pump in the upcoming years but the whenever I am in dire need of money, I will definite sell my bitcoin. I would never agree to "Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever". The only reason I am investing money on bitcoin was to earn money, if in any case that bitcoin rise up and I already sold mine, I will never regret it. I am just thankful that bitcoin was here to help support my financial needs. We should not have any regrets whenever we sell btc or an alt.
Activity: 168
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Well,  you shouldn't sell because the value of bitcoin is always increasing.  Lesson learned from the past.  Way back,  bitcoin had a low value,  so people just withdraw and convert the btc to cash,  some just let the money growth and after years they became rich.  For those people who withdraw their bitcoin early,  they should have been rich now because the value is way to up now compared after couple of years ago. 
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
You should never sell your bitcoins because sooner or later, it's just a matter of time, bitcoin price will start growing again and reach new all time high  Grin

But if you can sell it a much better and higher price, then you can sell it if you really like. It depends on how you will spend it and when you really need it but keeping it longer is always good since bitcoin is a long term currency.
Activity: 317
Merit: 11
it depends on each person. if you think you should hold it, then hold it. but if you think you should sell it, then sell it. like any other instrument as well
Activity: 56
Selling some of your bitcoin is always a good idea in order to accumulate more or look for better deal esp now when nobody knows what happening we may break the 6k mark we may bounce back and if we hit 10k its a sign of recovering and selling at that point would be mad in my opinion.
Activity: 161
0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4
Selling some of our bitcoin for fiat can be a good thing. We all need some fiat to pay for basic necessities and until the day when we can use bitcoin or crypto for everything, we will continue to need some fiat for our daily lives.

But if bitcoin hits another significant ATH like 50k or 100k, I do believe i will cash out some to pay for another property and buy into more equities for diversification
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
I would only sell my bitcoin if I really need some cash but as long as I don't then I would hold it for sure,
And I would surely invest my spare money I really think that keeping it in bitcoin is the best thing to do ,
I believe that in the future bitcoin price would surely increase much more than it did last year.

Yeah we all are in the same position right now, only if we need the money we would sell.

Only that there are some people who might be scared if the price drops from "." price, so i wouldn't be scared to see everything going down in the next few weeks if the price starts to go down again.

Activity: 503
Merit: 250
I would only sell my bitcoin if I really need some cash but as long as I don't then I would hold it for sure,
And I would surely invest my spare money I really think that keeping it in bitcoin is the best thing to do ,
I believe that in the future bitcoin price would surely increase much more than it did last year.
Activity: 145
Merit: 14
I think the risk is that if somebody dont own of any and the price explode to the moon,  they remain scratching their heads for  a long time. Otherwise if they invested a lot and lose everything will be sad, So  time will tell.

No i would. I would sell some bitcoin if the price goes very high because I would want to use the profits to pay off debts, etc.  However, I don't think I could ever sell all bitcoin because there's really no limit to where it could go.  One thing that concerns me is as it gets harder to mine the coins, will the fees go way up to the point that it's not worth having any bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: