Pages:
Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 7. (Read 270138 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
For me if I have one bitcoin I don't have any plan to sell it so soon because  I gonna kept it for my better future of living
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
When bitcoin prices drop some time ago of course to make a lot of people panic and they sell bitcoin cheaply, but now the price has reached $ 11k and seems to be going up, this certainly makes a lot of people regret and I recommend to buy now because the price will continue to rise.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I won't say never, but holding instead of panic selling is advised. I remember i did some panic selling in the past.
But after the last dip i know it's better to buy more instead of selling.
You're right, there will be a time that we will need money and the last choice we have is to sell our coins. I guess that in inevitable. But selling just because the price is going down isn't reasonable, because you know that what you're holding has far more potential and if you're going to sell it you'll lose profit. But as long as there is a reasonable reason why you're selling your coin it will always be your choice.
The reason why people not to sell their bitcoins because the prices is on dumps. The best way in order to gain huge money is to keep holding and wait the best time to sell your bitcoins. If the time will come ,and the prices is pumps well thats the good way to sell those bitcoins.
The price of Bitcoin are recovering after dropped to $6,000. I predict the price of Bitcoin will recover to $12,000 and need to test many times + resistance price before decide to continue its bearish trend or bounce and changes the trending to open new cycle.

and soon after the price test to make a new price level, bitcoin will increase higher. the price still needs to stay at the $12k level price and if the price could stay for a long time, then I think the price could increase more than $15k. but I am glad to see that bitcoin price is trying to reach new price again although it seems it's too difficult to increase but the trends now show the uptrends.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
I won't say never, but holding instead of panic selling is advised. I remember i did some panic selling in the past.
You're right, there will be a time that we will need money and the last choice we have is to sell our coins. I guess that in inevitable. But selling just because the price is going down isn't reasonable, because you know that what you're holding has far more potential and if you're going to sell it you'll lose profit. But as long as there is a reasonable reason why you're selling your coin it will always be your choice.
The reason why people not to sell their bitcoins because the prices is on dumps. The best way in order to gain huge money is to keep holding and wait the best time to sell your bitcoins. If the time will come ,and the prices is pumps well thats the good way to sell those bitcoins.
The price of Bitcoin are recovering after dropped to $6,000. I predict the price of Bitcoin will recover to $12,000 and need to test many times + resistance price before decide to continue its bearish trend or bounce and changes the trending to open new cycle.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
I never sell bitcoin because the price is still cheap, I'll sell bitcoin when the price has reached $ 50k and I'm sure before this year ends it will be achieved, this is a good time to buy because we will get a big profit someday.
Activity: 295
Merit: 104
I think it all depends on how we are. If we intend to invest, sell this bitcoin at a time when prices rise high and buy it when the price is low. Many investors lose because they are impatient and don't believe in soaring bitcoin prices. The point is if you want to profit, you have to sell the bitcoin owned at the time the price drops.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Because acquiring bitcoin is not that easy and we can not earn it all the time, so for me holding bitcoin is important on the off chance that bitcoin will increase its price in the future so we can acquire big profit. So therefore we should push ourselves to make this happen. We shouldn't sell it for minimal profit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
ROFL... this is funny. If you never sell your coins, then how you are going to profit out of them? If your Bitcoin investment is at a profit, then it is only natural to do some amount of profit booking. There is nothing abnormal in booking profit.
Activity: 167
Merit: 105
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
It may be bad for you if you'd never sell it? I mean why woulld you keep it? For now you just have to  go buy and selling it to gain profit, to earn more than what you put in there, hmm maybe you should never sell them all maybe a day will come where bitcoin will be so extinct and you maybe the only one to have it.
Activity: 112
unfortunately i have to sell my btc whenever i need them
because in my country, any transactions using it was banned
it is said that against the law..
So the answer is cant use it since it is banned in my country ( for transaction )
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
Activity: 140
Paнo или пoзднo тoмy ктo кyпил биткoины вce paвнo зaxoчeтcя иx пpoдaть пo xopoшeмy кypcy
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
I think it was too risky. First of all we have no assurance that bitcoin will be there til future. Besides, there are still many users that tend to hold it for a long time. However, the decision will always from them. Base on what I have read here, it is better to sell some of it when its price dumps to gain bigger profit.

In the bearish trending, the best choice to help you keep safe your capital is sell to USDT or FIAT. Then, buy Bitcoin or which coins you are trading again at lower price to help you optomize the amount you are holding. Although in the USD rates can be lower than the past time, but you are having profit.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
yes I will not sell my bitcoin anymore, simply sell it because I now focus on bitcoin as much as possible and I use for bitcoin investment. a lot of people who are looking for bitcoin to get a little sweet coffee to feel it. how much do you drink sweet coffee?
some people make short-term investments at the moment, hear you make long-term investments I have some questions, do you have a sales target?
There are many people who has just sold Bitcoin and it suddenly come back again. It makes people feel regret and lost money. If they continued saving Bitcoin and not selling their Bitcoin, they wouldn't lose money. Bitcoin is a long term investment, that's why you have to be patient, don't be afraid and be wise.

bitcoin price is fluctuations, so it's better not always on hold, you can sell when the price is high, and buy more when prices fall. If you are in doubt you can sell most and don't sell all. do such as trading was however at the price range which is quite far away. I did this and have already collected more bitcoin.

Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Less is more
yes I will not sell my bitcoin anymore, simply sell it because I now focus on bitcoin as much as possible and I use for bitcoin investment. a lot of people who are looking for bitcoin to get a little sweet coffee to feel it. how much do you drink sweet coffee?
some people make short-term investments at the moment, hear you make long-term investments I have some questions, do you have a sales target?
There are many people who has just sold Bitcoin and it suddenly come back again. It makes people feel regret and lost money. If they continued saving Bitcoin and not selling their Bitcoin, they wouldn't lose money. Bitcoin is a long term investment, that's why you have to be patient, don't be afraid and be wise.
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
Time will come when you need to sell your bitcoins but the right timing matters most and this is what can't be easily predicted and often being said that you only sell when price is high but for now I think people will still hold up their bitcoin.
Activity: 216
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: