Pages:
Author

Topic: WildRig Multi 0.35.1 beta 2 multi-algo miner for AMD & NVIDIA - page 18. (Read 91621 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1
Is there any parameter to reduce mining intensity in case temperature goes higher than a specified value?
I have some broken fans and got no spares. Just ordered some brand new fans and I can mine with Claymore as long as I set 68C threshold to lower intensity.
Activity: 719
Merit: 49
0.25.0 beta

- initial support NVIDIA gpu's
- slightly improved speed of kawpow/progpow
- fixed low hashrate of --progpow-kernel 1 on Navi with drivers 20.x
- fixed incorrect shares for progpowz algorithm(--progpow-kernel 2) on Vega and Radeon VII gpu's
- fixed different protocol issues for progpow variants
- fixed possible incorrect nonce when switching from donation session to user session
- added parameter --opencl-platforms to specify on which platforms start mining
- added parameter --no-nvml to disable monitoring of NVIDIA hardware

Support of NVIDIA gpu's done via OpenCL and PTX ISA. All algorithms should work, but since this is only initial support, verified and optimized algorithms are simple ones(like bmw512, blake2b variants, sha256 variants, skein2) and progpow variants(kawpow, progpow-ethercore, progpow-sero, progpowz). All other algorithms will be too slow or not even work(e.g. x22i), but new versions will improve the situation.
Hi, I have Vega 56 and want to mine Tecra.
but it won't hashing. I receive jobs. but it just give n/a like this:

Does anyone can enlight me?  Huh Huh
Looks like gpu crashes, try increase voltage or lower your clocks.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
How to mine with specific video card ?
this will start mining on first three gpu's: --opencl-device 0,1,2

It works.
Thank you.
this will start mining on first three gpu's: --opencl-device 0,1,2
Activity: 7
Activity: 21
Here I show you my experience in the last 24 Hours using Wildrig 0.24.1 in 3 Different Rigs, Total Hashrate 110-120 MH/s, mining on https://www.ravenminer.com/ pool

https://imgur.com/ftN14DD

https://imgur.com/tMZzQ6B

https://imgur.com/JenwkES

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Undervolting the R9 390s to  -30mV and using the parameter: --opencl-launch 24x128, the hashrate reach 15.5 Mh/s (Core Clock 1100, Memory Clock 1500). Temperature around 70c

What is your actual voltage being reported?  All of my 390s probably need new thermal paste, I can't overclock and I have to underclock just to have a normal temperature.  Also do your cards hold a steady 1100, or does the clock bounce around?

Voltage 1.102V, Core Clock at 1100 Steady

Thanks.  Mine can't do that.  Oh well
Undervolting the R9 390s to  -30mV and using the parameter: --opencl-launch 24x128, the hashrate reach 15.5 Mh/s (Core Clock 1100, Memory Clock 1500). Temperature around 70c

What is your actual voltage being reported?  All of my 390s probably need new thermal paste, I can't overclock and I have to underclock just to have a normal temperature.  Also do your cards hold a steady 1100, or does the clock bounce around?

Voltage 1.102V, Core Clock at 1100 Steady

https://imgur.com/a/DFODgla

I just noticed at the nicehash site that it says I don't have xnsub activated, yet I did not put "--no-extranonce" in my bat...
Hmm, seems I need to fix handling set_extranonce, since I don't change anything if there no "new job" after it. Thanks for reorting, hope will fix this in next release.

Could this be the cause of the problem I have at NiceHash?

Also I've noticed that the kernel gets re-compiled while mining, is this expected behavior?
I just noticed at the nicehash site that it says I don't have xnsub activated, yet I did not put "--no-extranonce" in my bat...
Hmm, seems I need to fix handling set_extranonce, since I don't change anything if there no "new job" after it. Thanks for reorting, hope will fix this in next release.
0.24.1 beta
- fixed broken non-progpow algorithms
- progpow-kernel now set to 2 for Vega
- tune up slightly progpow kernel 2

I think I misled you about the amount of rejects, it's pretty much all of them.  I can't use kernel 2 at all the way it is now.  I'm stuck using kernel 0 or 1 which give me about 14 mh/s.  A hotfix would be greatly appreciated, you have the only public stable AMD kapow miner.
Looks like NiceHash sending weird seed phrase sometimes(read it from z-enemy dev), and maybe this is a reason of your problem. Right now I have no idea what can I do here, but will look into it.

That's interesting, but I haven't noticed it the problem with my 290 machines.  I'll test a different pool, then I'll try different drivers, and report back.

Tested at 2miners and it worked fine.  Went back to nicehash and it works fine.  I guess the z-enemy dev got in touch with them.

Nice work on 0.24.1, I got a little speed boost.

Well, the problem came back.  Could it be that the nicehash buyer is pointing it at a bad pool or doesn't know how to set it up?

Hello, I suggest to mine directly RVN in RavenMiner Pool, using Static Diff. I was mining the first days in nicehash and the avg hashrate was 20% under the displayed in the WildRig miner console. Now in mining in the pool the hashrate is almost 100% of displayed by miner.

Yes I should be doing that, and may switch to it, but I'm just a little too busy now.  Maybe I should focus on that.
0.24.1 beta

I think I misled you about the amount of rejects, it's pretty much all of them.  I can't use kernel 2 at all the way it is now.  I'm stuck using kernel 0 or 1 which give me about 14 mh/s.  A hotfix would be greatly appreciated, you have the only public stable AMD kapow miner.
Looks like NiceHash sending weird seed phrase sometimes(read it from z-enemy dev), and maybe this is a reason of your problem. Right now I have no idea what can I do here, but will look into it.

That's interesting, but I haven't noticed it the problem with my 290 machines.  I'll test a different pool, then I'll try different drivers, and report back.

Tested at 2miners and it worked fine.  Went back to nicehash and it works fine.  I guess the z-enemy dev got in touch with them.

Well, the problem came back.  Could it be that the nicehash buyer is pointing it at a bad pool or doesn't know how to set it up?

0.24.1 beta

Hello, I suggest to mine directly RVN in RavenMiner Pool, using Static Diff. I was mining the first days in nicehash and the avg hashrate was 20% under the displayed in the WildRig miner console. Now in mining in the pool the hashrate is almost 100% of displayed by miner.
0.24.1 beta

0.24.1 beta

The kernel number "0" is the best kernel for my 290s and 390s for now.
0.24.1 beta

Pages:
Jump to: