Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks disappear because of cryptocurrency? - page 25. (Read 64395 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
That will not happen at all, there is no way crypto currency will make banks to disappear, banking industry is a very huge industry and they cannot disappear losing the trillion dollars in the industry, it's not possible, what will happen is that in the future, banks will adopt crypto currency as part of the service they will render.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Banks will continue to exist as long as the fiat exists. Both banks and cryptocurrencies will coexist because the final exchange of crypto is to a fiat. There are services which are unique and only particular to either crypto and Banks.
You are only looking at how the system works today, what is going to happen to banks once cryptocurrencies begin to be accepted directly and we do not need to exchange our cryptocurrencies for fiat currency? At that point many of the people in the forum are probably going to stop using fiat and if they are paid in fiat they will convert it to cryptocurrencies immediately and forget about that currency controlled by banks and governments.
copper member
Activity: 132
Merit: 0
I think banks will always be there. People have trust in banks and they are very well organized and have government control. They may start accepting Crypto currency or could create their own crypto currency in future.
Activity: 140
Banks also need to live and therefore they will find a compromise and will cooperate. After all, the blockade has good prospects for the future. With a good competitor you need to compete better. This struggle will be better with us.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
it is impossible, remove the system that already exists and people trust it for a very long time

The banking system is deeply rooted in global economy. Companies depend on cooperation with banks. Changing this system will take a lot of time if it is possible at all. The use of blockchain by banks may cause major changes in bank payments.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
It seems to me that banks are sure to come up with something to not lose such a huge audience!
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
This really what I keep on asking myself since we all know that cryptocurrency dominates the bank as time pass by. I wonder will it result to total collapse of bank industry?

Feel free to drop your comments here.thanks
That happens if the crypto world has an official crypto bank run by the government.
Banks are used by all levels of society while crypto is not.
Activity: 266
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
Of course, the banks will not disappear because of the crypt. Banks will need to find an alternative that would cooperate with the crypt. I know that in some country. Most likely the Asian salary was paid to the workers by the crypt. Now, if any of them had at least slightly postponed it to pinsy, he earned.
Activity: 131
Banks will not disappear because of cryptocurrency,
but there will be big changes in the near future, as bank will consider deposits from crypto.
Like sending them your bitcoin to get your bank account a fiat value.
If they will not move forward like this, they will be gone soon.

Correct, and actually it will even be possible to deposit cryptos on an account just like any other fiat currency, with dedicated IBANs for BTC, ETH, etc.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
No in my opinion I think they will shapeshift and adopt a new business model they still have the power and asset that allow them to survive
Activity: 406
I doubt it, Bitcoin use to facilitate payments without banks, while Banks is to safeguard other peoples money.
Activity: 555
No way the banks will still be there. We really need them to keep our volatile  digital coins to fiat currencies. In my own opinion i think the banks should work hand in hand with cryptocurrency. To make the crypto world an integrated one.
Activity: 120
Bank and crypto have a very good relationship. And I think that in the future crypto will be a very large industry. And the current crypto and the bank was able to establish a partnership. In my country to disburse money will send crypto through a bank.
Activity: 448
Banks are now under great pressure from the international monetary fund, probably for this reason, now very many currencies are beginning to experience very heavy loads that could cripple the economies of different countries.
Activity: 31
i don't thing that banks will disappear, but there will be al ot of changes due to the cryptos in the bank sector too
Activity: 728
Merit: 131
Banks will not disappear because of cryptocurrency,
but there will be big changes in the near future, as bank will consider deposits from crypto.
Like sending them your bitcoin to get your bank account a fiat value.
If they will not move forward like this, they will be gone soon.
Activity: 17
No, it will not make a bank disappear just because cryptocurrency. Cause bank already have their function to make your money save and maybe the bank will launch a cryptocurrency too.
Activity: 795
Merit: 10
I think bank will copy the blockchain technology to carry out their daily transaction accepting defeat would be a difficult thing to do for banking industry let see what happen ten years from now if they will still exist.
Activity: 50
People will always use cash, make deposits and take loans. I think banks will always exist
Activity: 100
Banks will not dissapear even as cryptocurrency become more popular , they can however modify their mode of operations to reflect modern changes in technology by applying the blockchain
Pages:
Jump to: