Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 23. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
There are really no incentive for banker to do that nor will it be beneficial to the investors. bitcoins are not designed to be centralized nor managed by banks
Activity: 117
It might happen is sometime but i don't think it's a good idea cause they'll control your bitcoin and they're the one will profit from it and besides we don't really need bank cause we can keep our own coins in our own
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Frankly, I don't think that banks will ever offer bitcoin deposits, maybe crypto banks, but definitely not the ordinary ones. It can be explained very easy. Crypto is the only one and a very serious competitor, which can totally destroy the importance of fiat. Maybe we will see some better changes?  
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
I also think that it is possible to see one day, not over the globe, but in some countries for sure. Banks will cover such deposits under that safity about which some banks are so prowed and of course they will add crypto in their exchanging services one day to not stay out of trand.
P60
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Decentralized Digital Billboards
I think that very little time is left until this moment. Banks will offer deposits in the crypto currency. And as I think they will conduct all the basic operations. You have to wait a few years.
Yes, I also think that bank will offer bitcoin offer bitcoin deposits in the future. In the near future, bitcoin will be accepted and used worldwide. It just a matter of time.
Activity: 364
Japanese banks are already working on creating their own cryptocurrency called the J-Coin. As the Financial Times reports, Mizuho Financial Group and Japan Post Bank earned support from the country’s central bank and financial regulator to launch the project. The coin is designed to be pegged to the yen and easy to spend in stores via smartphones. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, one of the largest bank in the works, is planning a rival cryptocurrency, MUFG Coin, for 2019.
a good news for some people that users of this currency as well cause they can now have to experience the advance innovation of this crypto currency and this is what they have to make for that this currency made to be more efficient to use for.
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Japanese banks are already working on creating their own cryptocurrency called the J-Coin. As the Financial Times reports, Mizuho Financial Group and Japan Post Bank earned support from the country’s central bank and financial regulator to launch the project. The coin is designed to be pegged to the yen and easy to spend in stores via smartphones. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, one of the largest bank in the works, is planning a rival cryptocurrency, MUFG Coin, for 2019.
Activity: 238
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
This is one of the possible ways to develop if you are a representative of the bank system, because if cryptocurrency will take over the existing economic system banks would need some ways to develop in order not to lose their positions.
Activity: 110
I think that very little time is left until this moment. Banks will offer deposits in the crypto currency. And as I think they will conduct all the basic operations. You have to wait a few years.
Activity: 336
If we speaking kinda teoritally.. well, I guess it is possible sometimes.. maybe after all bitcoins would be mined.. and price could be more predictable.. but I'm sure banks will not offer for you very good conditions...
They will earn money for themselves first of all..
Cryptocurrencies have seen extremely volatility but it remains less clear if they pose a threat to financial stability. Central banks of the worlds biggest economy has no policy toward regulation of bitcoin, it is 'worth thinking about' The volume of cryptocurrencies could matter to monetary policy at some point.
Activity: 434
Merit: 110
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Most likely yes, eventually banks will have to offer such deposits in bitcoin to keep their clients and attract new ones.
Currently it might look like an utopia, but i'am pretty confident that some banks already seeking possibilities to offer such deposits.
If we see any ETF on bitcoin approved this year, this will just push banks even more closely to this question, as progress can't be ignored.
Even if banks say currently that they are not ready to offer such deposits, it doesn't mean that their opinion wouldn't change.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
It may happen in future as bitcoin and the crypto market is getting more influential day by day and maybe one day banks will adopt bitcoin. However in the current scenario many of the government considers crypto to be a threat to them, so I don't think that will soon be going to happen...
Activity: 120
Merit: 14
If that happens then bitcoin will no longer be a decentralized cryptocurrency and they will be able to control its price and the volume of the bitcoin in the market will also be regulated. But due to bitcoin's volatility it won't happen in the near future unless its price became stable just like fiat money but it won't happen too because its price depends on the volume regulating in the market. Unless all the bitcoin has been mined, its price will remain volatile because the supply keeps on rising as well as the number of holders.
Activity: 14
Every country have their different policy against bitcoin but one thing for sure that my government are against with my bitcoin so it won't happen.
For me, when bank accept bitcoin it means that bitcoin consider as a fiat although bitcoin is an asset not fiat !

Bitcoin is most popular in nature , i know you will know, if they allow the bitcoin as a payment and bitcoin price drops there are will be problem for the bank iknow in the few years to come, banks will have to choice to start offering bitcoin transactions included the savings.
Activity: 210
let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us bitcoin deposits..this can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions offer of holds on their wallet.if official banks ever offer us this service..bitcoin is volatile in nature, hope you will know that and then banks always expect the stable money to deposit them only they allow bitcoin as a payment and then BTC price drops and bump there will be big problem for the banking side.they may have bitcoin payment as option like alternative option like how we have savings,current banks may in some years they will be accepting the bitcoin and alts as a payment option...
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
Although banks desperately want it, they also have to comply with strictly prohibited government regulations, countries like Japan are still strictly enforced even though bitcoin has been established as a legitimate means of payment, there needs to be agreement between governments in this regard, I see many benefits if the system this applies positively, but the uncontrolled fluctuation factor in bitcoin makes this impossible.
Activity: 172
Merit: 3
maybe in the next few years the bank will offer bitcoin deposit, for now all the banks are still thinking first before offering bitcoin deposit, because now not everyone knows bitcoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
I think it will not happen because bitcoin is the number one enemy of bitcoin mostly banks are allowed deposit fiat currency and they think bitcoin is the treat that could be dominate them in the future.
Activity: 137
Banks may want to offer bitcoin deposits but they may do so with a clause attached due to the volatile nature of cryptocurrencies. For example, if you deposit 2BTC there may be a clause preventing you to go beyond a certain interest.
Activity: 74
If the bank agrees to deposit Bitcoin it is a great thing, as it makes it easier for investors to deposit and withdraw money if needed. And also it's a indirect recognition of the legality of Bitcoin as you can now trade in a new currency. Personally, I think this is a good thing for investors and customers to trade with Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: