Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 230. (Read 186408 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
In order for the cryptocurrency space to thrive, it would be most suitable if there were multiple coins at the top and not just one (as currently Bitcoin is).

Oh thanks staff. Knock bitcoin users again.
I thought bitcoin was divisible enough to cope.

I think its rather excuse why not try to scale Bitcoin onchain a bit instead.

But I think there is not reason for several coins, because you add unnecessary ineffectiveness when you have to convert from one coin to another and pay exchange fees (and you have to use centralized exchange service). Plus it is more complex for average person when he has to choose from more cryptocoins what to pay with.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

In my view, BTC will eventually be replaced as the number 1 crypto in terms of market cap.  But that's it...  I wouldn't go too far by saying that Bitcon will eventually die anytime soon.

Let me guess few weeks ago you bought some ethereum because some scam hype told you its a BTC 2.0, so then you stared to use bitcointalk again to pump your sore investment Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
In order for the cryptocurrency space to thrive, it would be most suitable if there were multiple coins at the top and not just one (as currently Bitcoin is).

Oh thanks staff. Knock bitcoin users again.
I thought bitcoin was divisible enough to cope.

Is this the core altcoin section?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
It is possible, if any big-country government interferes. They might make a more safer crypto-currency with less anonymity. Bitcoin is way too anonymous.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Defender of Bitcoin
Well as we all know the moment new tech comes out on the market it has become obsolete already. The same thing could happen to Bitcoin as well if some new crypto currency comes out that has a lot more benefits than Bitcoin because people will want to just use the one thing that is more efficient, faster and actually works better. Such an advanced version doesn't exist yet and all the crappy alt coins are just riding on the crypto coin train used mostly by speculators but who knows, maybe in the future there will be a revolutionary new algorithm that will have more utility than Bitcoin.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
Re: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?

Yes it could happen but i doubt very much it will happen the short to medium term, to actually make bitcoin obsolete would be a achievement.

It would have to offer something very important for mass adoption which Bitcoin doesn't offer.

Transactions that confirm in a minute?  Smiley

Seriously, mass adoption means people actually use it for their shopping. If you send coins but the vendor doesn't receive them, then you are in limbo - some ordinary people will even accuse the vendor of doing something shady, when the problem is that the transaction isn't even in the blockchain.

It will be something that simple that will prevent bitcoin mass adoption.

Transactions that confirm definitely in a minute aren't a problem.
There were some places which accepted zero confirmation transactions for low value items, because they were sure that the transaction would confirm. This is no longer the case.  Smiley

Yes, there are many possibilities to overcome or beat the BTC market. Every business field have their competitors so BTC will face some other crypto currency to play in the market in future. But still BTC will have the seat in top to lead the Crypto world.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Yes it could happen but i doubt very much it will happen the short to medium term, to actually make bitcoin obsolete would be a achievement.

It would have to offer something very important for mass adoption which Bitcoin doesn't offer.

Seriously, mass adoption means people actually use it for their shopping. If you send coins but the vendor doesn't receive them, then you are in limbo - some ordinary people will even accuse the vendor of doing something shady, when the problem is that the transaction isn't even in the blockchain.

Transactions that confirm definitely in a minute aren't a problem.
There were some places which accepted zero confirmation transactions for low value items, because they were sure that the transaction would confirm. This is no longer the case.  Smiley

Activity: 364
i dont think bitcoin will be replaced by other cryptocurrencys only if the other are more interested to make money with but i dont think there would come another cryptocurrency because the bitcoin is not here for long time.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Bitcoin will not be replaced but some coins will exist with it. I think it could be ETH.

Litecoin is still there no matter how dead it may seem. I still have my litecoin and its value is growing still. how dead was it?

I don't think so. Ethereum is good but it also has its fair share of problems with blockchain bloat and scalability. ETH is not intended to be used for payments but as fuel for Ethereum when executing a DAPP in the platform. It is a different animal. Although it may surpass Bitcoin's market cap, I think a platform that is financed and supported by the huge banks and by the G7 nations is more likely to become the king of crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
Bitcoin will not be replaced but some coins will exist with it. I think it could be ETH.

Litecoin is still there no matter how dead it may seem. I still have my litecoin and its value is growing still. how dead was it?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
no currency can replace other the only thing is that they will be valued or devalued high/low relative to each other, same applies with cryptocurrency.
Activity: 406
Wolf
Yes, There's a possibility but I think It will take some time.  Right now bitcoin is improving bit by bit
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
dollar replace gold
bitcoin replace dollar
new currency replace bitcoin
Roll Eyes

Hehehe. Simple. But also a practical and possble outcome.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 1202
Merit: 507
Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop

And BitCON will become 666 more oppressive+totalitarian than the fiat cash we had before it:

You are supporting the destruction of the freedom of mankind. Thank you for your unwavering, radicalised dedication to your geek-cool enslavement system ideals.

Lol what? 

How can public coin, an open system for all to see and count the money supply, be more oppressive then "your leaders can print as much as they want for themselves at anytime and you will never know"? 

If you are worried that an address is being watched - use a new one! 

Sounds like a whiny conspiracy SJW to me..

Just let him sit alone.. At some point he will either figure out that he isnt cool and stop..
Or shoot and kill randoms in the street.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

In my point of view, bitcoin can replace by another Cryptocurrency or jot is depend to the developer of the other Cryptocurrency self, they could replace and make more worthy rather than bitcoin, if they do serious develop and make their coin more excellent than bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!

And BitCON will become 666 more oppressive+totalitarian than the fiat cash we had before it:

You are supporting the destruction of the freedom of mankind. Thank you for your unwavering, radicalised dedication to your geek-cool enslavement system ideals.

Lol what? 

How can public coin, an open system for all to see and count the money supply, be more oppressive then "your leaders can print as much as they want for themselves at anytime and you will never know"? 

If you are worried that an address is being watched - use a new one! 
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Although bitcoin is the main root of all altcoins there's a probability this will happen if one day we see that one coin is competing with btc price but I believe it will take a long run.

There's another scenario too that bitcoin will change in terms of its protocol that the big change of it will be the one that put it on the top for a long time.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265

If we don't stop this BitCON Trojan Horse, the freedom of mankind will decline in a 666 system of digital tracking and centralized, top-down control much worse then we had with fiat cash.

We damn well better accomplish it.

This comment:

It is not dumb that n00bs don't know the technology and game theory economics. What is dumb is when n00bs (such as the Bitcoin maximalist comments in this thread) think they know something about an issue that is far too complex for them to be comprehend without deep research that they are unwilling or incapable of doing. This is known as the Dunning-Kruger effect.

So many dumb comments in this thread by Bitcoin maximalists who will invent any excuse possible to remain in denial of the fact that

Applies to the following incorrect post:

Bitcoin is flawed, but these flaws can be fixed. Bitcoin is already a big step ahead of fiat currencies.

The flaws can't be fixed both for technical reasons and also because of vested inertial resistance.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15124687
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15126064

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Of course bitcoin will be replaced but not in near future.
Jump to: