Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin (BTC) be killed by BCC soon? - page 2. (Read 3332 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 11
August 26, 2017, 06:00:27 PM
If it does take over it could happen very quickly as everything else does in crypto.  I don't think anyone knows for sure one way or the other, they just offer their opinions.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
August 26, 2017, 05:53:03 PM
Bitcoin Cash will never match bitcoin. His current relatively high rate in relation to other altcoys is explained primarily by the artificial support of a small part of the miners. Bitcoin has already become a symbol of gold in the crypto currency and will mainly be used as a long-term investment and its rate will constantly grow because of its limited
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
August 26, 2017, 06:30:58 AM
But indeed, I think that's what may happen here. I think after the next BTC difficulty readjustment (this week), Bitmain may start withdrawing its hash power from BTC to BCH. This will cause long block times and network instability for BTC, and will give the appearance that BCH is being adopted and that miners are reacting to market demand.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 26, 2017, 05:41:07 AM
They're recommending people use litecoin or ethereum, as both can be changed into fiat on most exchanges, without the need to go through bitcoin.

just blurting out stuff without thinking is easy, you can fill the internet with them too. and that is what these links you quote are doing, specially those that are on steemit which they also get paid for putting up bullshit.

think about it a little, how do you use x and y instead of bitcoin?
lets say i want to purchase a game from Valve (steam platform) with bitcoin, how do i use x and y instead of bitcoin? now you see how idiotic people who say use x and y instead of bitcoin sound like ? Cheesy

Blocktrades, who posted that article, has a business much like shapeshift - he changes coins from one to another. He is recommending people change their coins to litecoin or ethereum (which can then be exchanged for fiat on most exchanges) because in the real world, bitcoin fees are eating up their money.

Bitcoin's transaction delays are a problem too - you arn't really going to be able to buy dipsquat on Valve, if you are waiting for your transaction to clear for three days, now are you?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
August 26, 2017, 05:31:37 AM
They're recommending people use litecoin or ethereum, as both can be changed into fiat on most exchanges, without the need to go through bitcoin.

just blurting out stuff without thinking is easy, you can fill the internet with them too. and that is what these links you quote are doing, specially those that are on steemit which they also get paid for putting up bullshit.

think about it a little, how do you use x and y instead of bitcoin?
lets say i want to purchase a game from Valve (steam platform) with bitcoin, how do i use x and y instead of bitcoin? now you see how idiotic people who say use x and y instead of bitcoin sound like ? Cheesy
legendary
August 26, 2017, 05:14:59 AM

Bitcoin has never been designed to be a currency. It was designed to be the equivalent of Gold in the virtual worlds. Otherwise there would have not been mining. Fiat do mine nothing, the money is printed from thin air.
You cannot force a square to enter into a tube.

When people will realize that Bitcoin cannot replace the USD, they will turn to something more adapted.

Bitcoin will stay the gold of crypto, but if the difficulty is too high or if the miners are gone somewhere else, Bitcoin will freeze.

I think Satoshi conceived it as a payment system/currency, but it has evolved differently.

I truly believe an alt will take bitcoin's place. We're already seeing coin exchangers asking people to use another alt to avoid fees. See

https://steemit.com/blocktrades/@blocktrades/bitcoin-transactions-taking-longer-after-segwit-switchover

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
August 26, 2017, 04:48:39 AM
This would not be likely to occur because of the bitcoin will continue to increase with the movement in market trading, I've heard if bitcoin will be designed as digital currencies but if this happens will also affect planning because in it they will switch to something more appropriate and affordable ...
Activity: 615
Merit: 154
CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp
August 26, 2017, 04:06:01 AM
BCC/BCH is just an agenda by miners. They have incentive to do it for their precious ASICBOOST that is incompatible with segwit. Plus, increasing the blocksize will only make it more centralized. As time goes on, BCC would have a much greater blockchain size, and would limit the number of individual people who could host one. Would you honestly host bitcoin nodes if the blockchain size is 2TB?!?! Only the big companies would have it, making BCC more centralized.

It's nothing to do with the miners, and large blocks do not equal centralisation, they equal scaling.

The problem right now is that bitcoin fees are too high, you can spend as much as $13 just to send a few hundred dollars. That's way more expensive than the VISA network. There needs to be a way to scale with low fees, and BCH is one method. The other is to use an alt like doge or ether.

Bitcoin has never been designed to be a currency. It was designed to be the equivalent of Gold in the virtual worlds. Otherwise there would have not been mining. Fiat do mine nothing, the money is printed from thin air.
You cannot force a square to enter into a tube.

When people will realize that Bitcoin cannot replace the USD, they will turn to something more adapted.

Bitcoin will stay the gold of crypto, but if the difficulty is too high or if the miners are gone somewhere else, Bitcoin will freeze.
legendary
August 23, 2017, 12:06:44 PM
BCC/BCH is just an agenda by miners. They have incentive to do it for their precious ASICBOOST that is incompatible with segwit. Plus, increasing the blocksize will only make it more centralized. As time goes on, BCC would have a much greater blockchain size, and would limit the number of individual people who could host one. Would you honestly host bitcoin nodes if the blockchain size is 2TB?!?! Only the big companies would have it, making BCC more centralized.

It's nothing to do with the miners, and large blocks do not equal centralisation, they equal scaling.

The problem right now is that bitcoin fees are too high, you can spend as much as $13 just to send a few hundred dollars. That's way more expensive than the VISA network. There needs to be a way to scale with low fees, and BCH is one method. The other is to use an alt like doge or ether.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
August 23, 2017, 11:57:49 AM
I honestly believe that the current trend in BCC is
just that a trend which has yet to be corrected....Downwards.
there is no way with the amount of FIAT etc invested
in BTC that BCC will replace it.

When BTC starts to regain momentum we will see a mass
exodus from BCC.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
August 23, 2017, 11:38:49 AM
People believing that BCash will be able to compete with Bitcoin in the long term are delusional.

BCash is a centralized altcoin, lacking a competent developer community. The current market valuation is an artificial bubble.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
August 23, 2017, 10:16:51 AM
Impossible, BTC prices will not be replaced by BCC. How could a coin just 1 month old be able to beat a coin that has been a few years at the top. OP might say this because he sees the BCC is currently moving in a positive direction.BTCBTC
Activity: 694
Merit: 108
santacoin.io
August 23, 2017, 07:05:55 AM
Anyone with a right mind can't think that is possible. I mean come one, BCC is just copy/paste of Bitcoin code with changed configuration file, now can a copy ever be better than the original ?

No way, BCC might be a good Altcoin in the future but I see no possibility of BCC surpassing the original BTC. Cool
Activity: 385
Merit: 266
August 23, 2017, 06:34:18 AM
Yeah, we lost a lot of hash power recently. Bitmain consistently continues to push its support of Bitcoin cash and they are profiting while Bitcoin is suffering. I have to give it to them. They are smart. Did you hear about the “auto miner switcher thing” that Antpool launched? This “thing” allows miner to switch between either pools almost immediately. I have heard reports that it actually switches between both pools according to the profitability. Another scheme to make profit! Transaction fees has already risen. I suspect that I was actually paying less for my transaction fee before the hard fork occurred. I am quite confused at the moment as to what is happening. I have continued to trust Bitcoin and the majority of my funds are still in cold storage. If the situation gets any worse, I will be switching all my money to gold. It is far more stable at the moment.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
August 23, 2017, 02:29:06 AM
Something is happening right now that can kill Bitcoin BTC.

BCC announced that they have lowered the difficulty of their algorithm.
The consequence is that now it is more profitable for miners to mine BCC than BTC.
20% of the Miners moved to Bitcoin cash!

If it continues like this, Bitcoin may become unusable. Transactions will become impossible or very long.

Bloody times are coming. I have moved all my assets in fiat, waiting to see what is going to happen. If Bitcoin Cash wins, it will be a tsunami comparable to the bubble of the techno in 2000.

What do you think?

Huh

I do not agree with you, those coins will not kill each other. My reason is simple, coin will dump/ killed just because their supply and demand not worth again in the real market. Most people will leave any coin that not have value and no gain profit. Every coin has a chance to become number one but also dump as trash. How they survive on real market is just because they still have value to giving profit or as an alternative payment. BCC can't kill BTC because every coin has the same source, only BTC. Even BTC sometimes has low price but most people still have trust with that coin. Never lost faith with BTC and have a nice day.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
August 23, 2017, 02:18:44 AM

The consequence is that now it is more profitable for miners to mine BCC than BTC.

If it continues like this, Bitcoin may become unusable. Transactions will become impossible or very long.

Bloody times are coming. I have moved all my assets in fiat, waiting to see what is going to happen. If Bitcoin Cash wins, it will be a tsunami comparable to the bubble of the techno in 2000.

What do you think?

Huh
Everything is right but why you are not trying to understand this thing in another way because here bitcoin is bitcoin the king and bitcoin cash is still a altcoin because it has not ease to use by everyone with official Wallet like bitcoin have blockchain.info .
So think in smart way .
And also if you are thinking that people are investing thier money in bitcoin more than what they were making in bitcoin then , it is your misunderstanding because this coin is in its starting phase , so people have craze of investment more and also i am sure that in the future the difficulty of the bitcoin cash will increase like bitcoin .
So here in the both contradiction thinking we should use both coin because we will go through that way which can give more and more profit for us .
So accept currently bitcoin and bitcoin cash as an investment and also for trading .
Activity: 278
Merit: 115
GIF by SOCIFI
August 23, 2017, 02:17:18 AM
That may happen in the near future if markets and countries around the world start diverting and accept liquidity with BCH instead of BTC, That is a clear sign of the winner of this war Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 02:15:29 AM
looks like it was going to be difficult for the BCC to beat BTC in terms of value, someone was too happy with the BTC that the price was already very clear the movement of the ups and downs, in addition to the BTC can be made the parent of all the coins. I think the less realistic if the BCC will kill BTC is still very difficult.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 02:06:33 AM

What do you think?

Huh

It will not continue. If too much mining power takes place, they will raise the difficulty again. That's part of the game. They lower the difficulty to attract more miners and when there are too many of them, the difficulty raises, so some of them go back to mine BTC again.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
There is a day to be born, and another to die
August 23, 2017, 02:02:20 AM
Pages:
Jump to: