Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin (BTC) be killed by BCC soon? - page 6. (Read 3332 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1205
August 21, 2017, 05:17:57 PM
All that matters is demand, if there's demand miners will switch and remain, otherwise they are just raping the coin as usual
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
August 21, 2017, 05:10:26 PM
Yes, it will due to death spiral:

http://bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.co.nz/2017/08/chain-death-spiral-fatal-bitcoin.html

Here is how it goes:

BCC's difficulty adjusts more often than BTC's difficulty.
When BCC adjusts down, miners jump on BCC to make profits until BCC adjusts up. Then BTC is more profitable, they go back to BTC.
In the meantime BTC has slowed down a lot.
The only way to kill permanently BTC is: BCC pumps and BTC crash together, when BCC's difficulty adjusts upwards, it's still more profitable to mine BCC.
BTC slowed down inexorably.
BCC takes the place of BTC.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 21, 2017, 05:10:09 PM
Altough it's true that BCC has more features than BTC , it still didn't get any attention from non crypto related people.It took a lot of time for even Bitcoin.So in a long term BCC can surpass BTC but it doesn't have much chance from my point of view.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1205
August 21, 2017, 05:06:16 PM
Something is happening right now that can kill Bitcoin BTC.

BCC announced that they have lowered the difficulty of their algorithm.
The consequence is that now it is more profitable for miners to mine BCC than BTC.
20% of the Miners moved to Bitcoin cash!

If it continues like this, Bitcoin may become unusable. Transactions will become impossible or very long.

Bloody times are coming. I have moved all my assets in fiat, waiting to see what is going to happen. If Bitcoin Cash wins, it will be a tsunami comparable to the bubble of the techno in 2000.

What do you think?

Huh

Just research "difficulty adjustment". It's all like it should be. Like now, the coin is being ripped by every miner , because profitable, won't last long.

The only strange thing is the buying pressure, can't be only noobs and viabtc...
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
August 21, 2017, 05:03:25 PM
Though I agree with the fact that BCC is modified and updated version of BTC but still it is unable to get that much attention and value as bitcoin have. Bitcoin is still the best of all and will always be in the future, the trust of bitcoin users make it more stable and most popular of all.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
August 21, 2017, 04:54:19 PM
What's the difference between BCC and BCH?    Cool
efx
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 21, 2017, 04:39:54 PM
I think that BTC will not get killed by BCC. Because nobody know about this in the real life. Bitcoin is more popular and the ppl even dont trust BTC. So why they should trust BCC ?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
August 21, 2017, 04:19:22 PM
I don't know, but the minimum transaction fee using my bitcoin Xapo wallet is 6 dollars!  <----That sucks so I've been doing very few small transactions....bitcoin is more expensive to use than VISA and that can't be a good thing.  I think things are precarious, right at the moment, to say the least!
Activity: 615
Merit: 154
CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp
August 21, 2017, 04:06:03 PM
Something is happening right now that can kill Bitcoin BTC.

BCC announced that they have lowered the difficulty of their algorithm.
The consequence is that now it is more profitable for miners to mine BCC than BTC.
20% of the Miners moved to Bitcoin cash!

If it continues like this, Bitcoin may become unusable. Transactions will become impossible or very long.

Bloody times are coming. I have moved all my assets in fiat, waiting to see what is going to happen. If Bitcoin Cash wins, it will be a tsunami comparable to the bubble of the techno in 2000.

What do you think?

Huh
Pages:
Jump to: