Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin (BTC) be killed by BCC soon? - page 5. (Read 3332 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
August 21, 2017, 06:56:08 PM
if miners switch to bcc then the difficulty on bcc network will rise, difficulty on btc network will drop
then the tx on mempool bcc net will pile up, on btc will be lessen,
bcc tx fee will slowly adjust higher, btc txfee will slowly re-adjust back to lower fee
after awhile the bcc user will feel exactly what they felt before (on btc)... slow & high fee
the 8mb block will help reduce that problem and attract users for use of bcc
but die hard btc users will stay on btc net and enjoy smooth transactions in this scenario

Will Bitcoin (BTC) be killed by BCC soon?
I would say no, but bcc could probably get some popularity with btc users & new users
hence bcc would be treated as another option for cryptocurrencty like ethereum
but without any significant tech and unique improvement, bcc will slowly be left by common users
as of now bcc is simply btc w/ 8mb block, no new feature such smart contract, dex or anything new
that's only my opinion, for all I know I could have been wrong from the beginning  Roll Eyes
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Coinhoarder
August 21, 2017, 06:26:34 PM
Why do people keep asking if BCash will take over for BTC? It is just an altcoin with a scam-ish name.

BTC got some issues that need to be improved, but it is the trusted coin almost all around the world. That hold some serious value
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 21, 2017, 06:21:23 PM
I don't know, but the minimum transaction fee using my bitcoin Xapo wallet is 6 dollars!  <----That sucks so I've been doing very few small transactions....bitcoin is more expensive to use than VISA and that can't be a good thing.  I think things are precarious, right at the moment, to say the least!

No it's not bitcoin but it's only xapo who is charging that crazy fee. I mostly use blockchain.info and most of the time the fees are like this, 0.00003 BTC and the highest fee that I ever paid was 0.001 BTC when fork is just on it's way. But right now my highest fee is 0.0003 BTC so this is a big improvement in the part of fees. Don't use xapo anymore.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 21, 2017, 06:19:54 PM
I don't think that would happen, let's be honest BCC is an alternative coin no one could replace the original bitcoin.

We all know that it won't happen, but we don't need to ignore the possibilities of that happening.

Bitcoin Cash' is easier to mine, they are attracting more miners to cone to their digital currency. I just hope the miners are the only one they can attract, because we commoners, do not like BCC.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
August 21, 2017, 06:17:06 PM
Basically, bitcoin will not be killed by bitcoin cash. They are not the same, bitcoin have a different characteristics compare to BCC.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
August 21, 2017, 06:13:21 PM
I don't think that would happen, let's be honest BCC is an alternative coin no one could replace the original bitcoin.
Activity: 145
Merit: 101
August 21, 2017, 06:05:39 PM
Anyone with a right mind can't think that is possible. I mean come one, BCC is just copy/paste of Bitcoin code with changed configuration file, now can a copy ever be better than the original ?

well, the original is segwited, which sound more like a copy with added 'jacket', the original has disappeared!
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 21, 2017, 06:04:33 PM
I think there is no way that bitcoin cash does this. Simply if bitcoin cash price goes up, this happens because miners earn more profit by mining bitcoin cash. If it's get more valuable miners will head to bitcoin again. Bitcoin cash has no special feature for itself, it's just a clone of bitcoin. Why should people trust it?
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
August 21, 2017, 06:04:06 PM
There is no way whatsoever that Bitcoin Cash kills Bitcoin. That is all FUD created by a small group of miners that control under 10% of the hashrate of Bitcoin (formerly) and want to make you think this is the "new Bitcoin". Don't fall for it, people!

But the thing it is happening. If the miners switch to these digital currency, many more will follow. It is a high profit to mine so I will not be surprised if they do.
I think if the bitcoin caah become more popular and valuable than bitcoin, I think Satoshi's coin is really good than bitcoin that we commonly used right now.
Yep, people are pretending to be blind, because this would be too extreme if it happened. Not sure if cryptocurrencies would recover.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
August 21, 2017, 05:51:19 PM
There is no way whatsoever that Bitcoin Cash kills Bitcoin. That is all FUD created by a small group of miners that control under 10% of the hashrate of Bitcoin (formerly) and want to make you think this is the "new Bitcoin". Don't fall for it, people!

But the thing it is happening. If the miners switch to these digital currency, many more will follow. It is a high profit to mine so I will not be surprised if they do.
I think if the bitcoin caah become more popular and valuable than bitcoin, I think Satoshi's coin is really good than bitcoin that we commonly used right now.
August 21, 2017, 05:48:31 PM
Anyone with a right mind can't think that is possible. I mean come one, BCC is just copy/paste of Bitcoin code with changed configuration file, now can a copy ever be better than the original ?
What are you saying?

Do you understand mathematics, game theory and mining difficulty at all?

This is a very realistic scenario. Don't put your head in sand and look here:

http://fork.lol/pow/hashrate

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks

That is not good news.
legendary
Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038
Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar
August 21, 2017, 05:47:23 PM
August 21, 2017, 05:38:02 PM
This is fully bullshit talking ever! Bitcoin world's first decentrilized digital accet, a big market cap. After the fork I usually have been heard something like this, but no strong point behind it.

How is it bullshit? Check the math and you will see this is very real and taking place like...right now.

Times without number this issue has been discussed and the final conclusion, has been that there is no way its going to happen, either because of price or mining difficulty or even the speed of transaction because by the time the impending hard fork will be happening then all the attention BCC is getting will be divided while bitcoin will remain strong.

Black Swans happen exactly when you anticipate them the least you know.

Do not fear those miners will come back mining bitcoin when they have had enough profit from mining bitcoincash. Bitcoincash will probably not kill bitcoin soon since many people still use it despite having bitcoincash.

Cope.

It is currently 75.6% more profitable to mine on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
August 21, 2017, 05:35:03 PM
Something is happening right now that can kill Bitcoin BTC.

BCC announced that they have lowered the difficulty of their algorithm.
The consequence is that now it is more profitable for miners to mine BCC than BTC.
20% of the Miners moved to Bitcoin cash!

Miners can mine whatever the hell they want with their hardware as long as it's profitable. That's the key word. If it's not, then they move to another coin to gain more and more money. As simple as that. I don't see any major problem in here since I don't see a large demand for BCH as of this moment. If the miners are already done on dumping the coins, see where BCH lands.

If it continues like this, Bitcoin may become unusable. Transactions will become impossible or very long.

If it continues like this, difficulty will go down and miners will come back to reap the small time frame of profitability for bitcoin. It's not as if they would switch mining BCH since it's always profitable.

Bloody times are coming. I have moved all my assets in fiat, waiting to see what is going to happen. If Bitcoin Cash wins, it will be a tsunami comparable to the bubble of the techno in 2000.

If you are quite sure that BCH is now leading the scene then why transfer your assets into a rather weak one? Roll Eyes
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 21, 2017, 05:34:34 PM

The consequence is that now it is more profitable for miners to mine BCC than BTC.

If it continues like this, Bitcoin may become unusable. Transactions will become impossible or very long.

Bloody times are coming. I have moved all my assets in fiat, waiting to see what is going to happen. If Bitcoin Cash wins, it will be a tsunami comparable to the bubble of the techno in 2000.

What do you think?

Huh
Do not fear those miners will come back mining bitcoin when they have had enough profit from mining bitcoincash. Bitcoincash will probably not kill bitcoin soon since many people still use it despite having bitcoincash. Only a few people use bitcoincash for transaction purposes. The rest are just there to gain more profit out of bitcoincash because it is very profitable to mine and short trade atm.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 21, 2017, 05:34:09 PM

What do you think?

Huh

Times without number this issue has been discussed and the final conclusion, has been that there is no way its going to happen, either because of price or mining difficulty or even the speed of transaction because by the time the impending hard fork will be happening then all the attention BCC is getting will be divided while bitcoin will remain strong.
Activity: 251
Merit: 257
August 21, 2017, 05:32:39 PM

What do you think?

Huh

It doesn't look to me like hash rate has dropped that much for BTC.

But indeed, I think that's what may happen here. I think after the next BTC difficulty readjustment (this week), Bitmain may start withdrawing its hash power from BTC to BCH. This will cause long block times and network instability for BTC, and will give the appearance that BCH is being adopted and that miners are reacting to market demand.

It may all blow over, but it could get bloody. I'm really not sure. Huh
Activity: 476
August 21, 2017, 05:32:14 PM
This is fully bullshit talking ever! Bitcoin world's first decentrilized digital accet, a big market cap. After the fork I usually have been heard something like this, but no strong point behind it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
August 21, 2017, 05:28:03 PM

What do you think?

Huh

If the miners move to mine BCC, because of difficulty, then I don't see any serious businessman doing that sacrificing difficulty for profitability. Miners are in business to make profit and not to have it smooth because the smooth ways does not pay the bills and in this case, so far profitability is constant, then I see the miner keeping their business and if that is anything to go by, then when another fork happen they should also switch because of simplicity in mining.
Activity: 588
August 21, 2017, 05:24:17 PM
Pages:
Jump to: