Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum Replace Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 530 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 275
March 06, 2018, 07:55:20 AM
Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?

that's very hard for now, especially different price between ethereum and bitcoin. but nothing impossible. ethereum always grow up every years and always on second place (after bitcoin) best than all coins.
Activity: 345
Merit: 10
March 06, 2018, 07:41:03 AM
May in the coming next few years. But for now, BTC rules.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 06, 2018, 07:35:53 AM
At the current moment or even in the upcoming year or two, for me there is no way Ethereum to replace Bitcoin.
For now, Bitcoin is not only the main coin in the Crypto World. Bitcoin is the trade mark of the Crypto World. If Ethereum became bigger than bitcoin in the next 1-2 years I am not sure if this will be ok for the whole Crypto World as marketing, because a lot of people won't get in the crypto, because they simply do not know about ethereum, but everyone knows Bitcoin.
The marketing aspect of the situation before the whole World is very important guys, because if the crypto stays at this levels it won't develop. Crypto must grow and the only way is by making more people to have faith in it and for the moment, for good or bad, people know more for Bitcoin as coin than Blockchain as technology...that's the truth...
Activity: 2
March 06, 2018, 06:51:05 AM
Right now the network is a bit too slow for most mainstream applications.
"Bitcoin is processing a bit less than 3 transactions per second. Ethereum is doing five a second. Uber gives 12 rides a second. It will take a couple of years for the blockchain to replace Visa", Founder Vitalik Buterin said.

Ethereum never had the intention to have a value like bitcoin, but investors invested anyway spotting the opportunity. If we talk about the growth of Ethereum this past year, we can surely see that it has grown to more than 4000% while bitcoin has grown about 600%.

It is definitely possible that Ethereum could overtake Bitcoin one day, taking into consideration that Bitcoin is being so often debated, while Ethereum just works silently in the background. However, Bitcoin’s price still remains way bigger than the one of Ethereum.

If you’re a trader or investor, be realistic about the bubble. I know you hear this a 100 times when you’re trading but: don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose.
I have some Ethereum, not as a long-term investment, but because the price is going up and I need it to invest in tokens which I can quickly flip as soon as they come on the market.
That’s just the type of market we’re in.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
March 06, 2018, 04:58:08 AM
Is there any chance(s)for Ethereum to be the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world?

I would like to believe that with everything we've seen and experience so far with cryptocurrency, the odds
keep changing and everything is a surprise every now and then. Anything can really happen here, it
took quite a long time for bitcoin to be what and where it is now, it's the same thing I can
honestly say with Ethereum. Time is all it takes really, it has every bit of potential to
be big as bitcoin or beside bitcoin. Bitcoin is the undisputed king of crypto, no
question there, it's monetary value in the market will say it all. But it's the
most fluctuating currency there is. Ethereum is different, it does not
fluctuate dramatically compared to others. It's a slow but steady
currency who holds crucial applications everywhere. I think
it has potential, but in the years to come. Give it time
to grow, mature and prosper.
Activity: 92
March 06, 2018, 04:25:40 AM
Ethereum’s smart contract technology makes corporations very interested in its real world applications. Ethereum price predictions for 2018. If it exceeds it, price will triple. Perhaps future ethereum will replace Bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
March 06, 2018, 04:10:48 AM

In the cryptocurrency market, you must know that everything has a chance to happen and everything has a possibility. However, to consider how Ethereum and Bitcoin compare at present and judging how they have improve since their respective onsets. Then, I would say that even if Ethereum has run a good path, it still has a long way to go to catch up to Bitcoin in terms of marketability, and most certainly, in terms of value. Therefore, it would take year to even say that Ethereum and Bitcoin are of the same footing.
Activity: 372
Merit: 100
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
March 06, 2018, 04:06:43 AM
Of course she has a chance at it. However, I think there will be segmentation for the purpose of the application, smart contracts are for example ETH, and speed and anonymity eg DASH
ethereum is nothing but an altcoin, there is no way that ethereum will replace bitcoin. I know ethereum is a good altcoin and we can all see a future on it, but I can say that bitcoin has the same, that's why there is no way that ethereum will replace bitcoin.
Activity: 227
March 06, 2018, 03:56:48 AM
The huge price difference between Ethereum and Bitcoin makes me not believe that Ethereum will replace bitcoin. Ethereum only has a stable price. While Bitcoin prices are predicted to continue to rise.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
March 06, 2018, 03:54:31 AM
There is nothing impossible, in this early stage of highly speculative cryptocurrency worlds. The technologies are still young, there is still a lot of unexpected and interesting happen in the future. The Ethereum flippening is one of them. Let's rewind back to the last ETH flippening, when everyone talking about Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin in all aspect especially the market caps, we can easily see both cryptocurrency graph is almost tipped each other market cap. But it didn't happen and then Bitcoin becomes the king yet again. I'm sure that possible scenario could happen soon.
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
March 06, 2018, 03:49:42 AM
It is difficult to predict or to know because in terms of investing,this too have a good match. But in terms of price the bitcoin is more expensive than the ethereum so it is difficult to inveet if ypu don't have enough money. In terms of stabilize the ethereum are in the leading. So my opinion is, yes. It is possible that the ethereum replace the bitcoin
Activity: 462
March 06, 2018, 03:48:47 AM

It won't replace bitcoin but it sure is one of the top token if you look at it on coinmarketcap.com. In terms of popularity, BTC is always been the first and most merchants and stores online accepts BTC compare to ETH. If one day there will be more and more ETH accepted to stores, its possible that it may replace BTC but I guess the rest of the altcoins are also going to rise and will also be known like BTC. Who knows XRP will be accepted on stores because of its massive adoption.

Yes, right it is difficult to replace bitcoin. bitcoin is bitcoin because bitcoin is mother coin. I think wouldn't possible. bitcoin is more popular than Ethereum. I think Ethereum price will increase but not overtake bitcoin price.
Activity: 120
Merit: 14
March 06, 2018, 03:47:17 AM
I personally think Tha ethereum will reach the point where bitcoin is right now but when that happens bitcoin is far more ahead Ethereum and bitcoin don't have the same purpose and platforms that's why they can't replace each other. Ethereum depends on bitcoin so I think it cannot replace bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
March 06, 2018, 03:43:21 AM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are created as separate projects. Meaning they have different purposes. Bitcoin is a an alternative to banks, and Ethereum is created to make regular exchanges and trades.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 630
March 06, 2018, 03:41:38 AM
Never. It is like that, bitcoin is king. Yes Ethereum is now very strong but it is not enough. The market is still very strong in Bitcoin dominance. when Ethereum starts to move independently from Bitcoin, then we can talk about this again. In order to be able to do this, there is a need to diversify the trading of Ethereum in the Stock Exchange. Ethereum has both profit and loss in new tokens. Ethereum has to gain market independence for empowerment. It is not possible for today. If the answer to the problem is perhaps one day it will rise very much, but it's never as BTC.
Activity: 80
https://bwex.co/
March 06, 2018, 03:40:24 AM
Surely it will.
In the coming years, Etherum will surely replace Bitcoin. Etherum is much more stable than Bitcoin. Also it is gaining public support much fastly.
Activity: 476
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 06, 2018, 03:37:56 AM
In my opinion Ethereum can make it. Because this crypto give many benefits to the cryptocurrency community. Could be this happen in 2 or 3 years, the team founder also has some inovation to make ETH has many features.
Activity: 598
March 06, 2018, 03:37:40 AM
i never believe that any altcoins maybe replace bitcoin
If there isn't bitcoin, altcoins won't have value.
No its impossible.In the way back bitcoins price are bigger than ethereum at the placing market cap bitcoin is about 280$ billion compared to the 44$ million of ethereum i dont think eth could replace bitcoin.
Activity: 182
March 06, 2018, 03:34:13 AM

Everything is possible in cryptocurrency.. but i don't really think that Ethereum can beat or replace Bitcoin in to become the next biggest cryptocurrency throughout the world,
i think Ethereum will be in the top 2 for a long time, even in the next year, Ethereum will always mantain its position in the second place.
Activity: 266
March 06, 2018, 03:31:09 AM
I do not think so. Bitcoin will never be replaced by any coins.It is the most stable and trastful cryptocurrency ever.
Pages:
Jump to: