Pages:
Author

Topic: Will long-term investments in the crypto space provide any guarantee? - page 2. (Read 628 times)

Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
Aside from Bitcoin (BTC), will long-term investments in the crypto space provide any guarantee?
Of course my question is based on some experiences that occur in the market.
My observations of crypto market conditions, such as there are groups or people who do things that cause the price of other coins to only last for a moment.

Please have a discussion that makes all participants gain new knowledge.

It's the reality of the market that we should understand and get used to if we do not, we are going to lose our investment if we lack research of the coin we've invested in, the market is very volatile, the worse thing is holding to a coin that continues to lose values, and selling coin that has potential in the market, this happens to me many times and I have to comfort myself and get used to the volatility of the market.
Activity: 811
Merit: 250
Are you sure about what you say?
I'm sure, your little heart says otherwise, where you also believe that long-term investment in BTC will be profitable in the future.
I want answers that come from heart and knowledge, not fabrications.
Hehe, it's interesting when there is a discussion that has to be answered honestly from the heart, but I personally really believe that BTC will continue to be the king of cryptocurrencies and will also be good to be chosen at any time and by anyone in the crypto space.
Activity: 691
Merit: 100
Aside from Bitcoin (BTC), will long-term investments in the crypto space provide any guarantee?
My observations of crypto market conditions, such as there are groups or people who do things that cause the price of other coins to only last for a moment.

What "guarantee" are you looking for? A guaranteed profit? Well, if you are holding bitcoin and other well known altcoins, then highly likely you will be making some very good profit in the long run. If you are investing on shitcoins, then no, you won't be making anything in the long run. You will lose everything. But you should keep in mind that the crypto market is very volatile. We don't know what's stored in the future for crypto currencies. It might become obsolete or it might be the mainstream currency. So whatever you do, make sure you know the risks.
Thanks for the explanation. This means that if we make long-term investments there is a guarantee, if the investment is a well-known coin (BTC).
Your explanation will be my consideration for my activities in crypto. Although there are some parties or people who say there is no guarantee of long-term investment even though BTC.
Any investments in the crypto space whether long-term or short-term provide no guarantee. Because cryptocurrency is the most unpredictable. No one can say what will happen in the future. No one knew about Doge hype before.
Are you sure about what you say?
I'm sure, your little heart says otherwise, where you also believe that long-term investment in BTC will be profitable in the future.
I want answers that come from heart and knowledge, not fabrications.

Like people said, there is no guarantee in the world of investment and crypto, so we can't guarantee anything. However I can guarantee you that if you wait long enough, you will profit from it for sure. Let's be honest with each other, do you really think that someone who buys today and sells 10 years later would end up losing money? I get that there "should be" a small chance of losing money, but at the end of the day we are talking about something that is very low chance to lose money, we will most likely end up making a profit from it.

This is why I honestly think that there is sort of a guarantee in crypto, it just depends on how long you are willing to wait and which coin you are investing into. Just like the example I gave earlier, if you buy bitcoin today and hold for 10 years, you will make a profit, so that is as guaranteed as it can get in the investment world.
In my heart, I also feel that long-term investment in BTC definitely benefits over other coins. On the other hand, I doubt it because the crypto world is not a real world where the circulation of money is not visible between the first party and the second party. That's why I asked whether long-term investment can be guaranteed even if it's in BTC.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
Yeah, aside from Bitcoin there are other projects that are good for a long-term investment even though nothing is guaranteed in any other aspect of life let alone cryptocurrencies. From when I started cryptocurrency trading, I have witnessed some coins/tokens that if I have invested in them from that time un till now, I would have made some GOOD profits. So it just depends on the project you chose to invest in and hope for nothing bad to happen for that project to go under, ( the no guarantee). Wink
Activity: 2646
Merit: 586

Like people said, there is no guarantee in the world of investment and crypto, so we can't guarantee anything. However I can guarantee you that if you wait long enough, you will profit from it for sure. Let's be honest with each other, do you really think that someone who buys today and sells 10 years later would end up losing money? I get that there "should be" a small chance of losing money, but at the end of the day we are talking about something that is very low chance to lose money, we will most likely end up making a profit from it.

This is why I honestly think that there is sort of a guarantee in crypto, it just depends on how long you are willing to wait and which coin you are investing into. Just like the example I gave earlier, if you buy bitcoin today and hold for 10 years, you will make a profit, so that is as guaranteed as it can get in the investment world.
Activity: 840
Merit: 6

stop trying to get rich quick and invest in stakeable coins like NEAR or Celo. This way you make money wether the market goes up or down.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 255
There are no guarantees for investing in crypto, when we enter at the wrong time we will lose money and vice versa, it all depends on your observations
Activity: 464
Merit: 10
Any investments in the crypto space whether long-term or short-term provide no guarantee. Because cryptocurrency is the most unpredictable. No one can say what will happen in the future. No one knew about Doge hype before.
mayb if there are someone give guarantee with cryptocurrency investment  all traders will come to him, even insurance company  have courage to do this . Not only in crypto market. in other market such as forex , stock market we see it too. that is why we always warn or see disclaimer word in any project.

You are telling the truth. Before making a long-term investment, we must do a good research on that project. Because we all want profit.  But no one can guarantee the profit that will be in your investment. So before investment observation is a must.
research could help us to find potential project, by reading in their whitepaper or other document we will find how this project build and what is being build so we could take summary is it work or usefull in market or not.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
Almost zero investments in the world provide solid guarantee you know
True lol and it seems like OP must keep his money in the stable coin of riat form to get more guarantee. The people that didn't wanna deal the risk try to earn some profit in the market.
The long term investment may provide guarantee for the capital gain but it can be a boomerang when we are choosing the garbage project.
OP needs to know that there's no guarantee investment. The invesment will always correlated with the risk and profit
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
there other coins that are old and still strong until now just like Bitcoin so the answer is yes they provide a guarantee return in the long term if not short .
there are manipulators that manipulates coins but I think they rarely attack the strong coins because of some reasons . Fear only if you invest in shitcoin that we saw today because their price is only driven by manipulation and cannot survive any longer .
Activity: 414
Merit: 23

In my opinion, crypto market conditions also have an effect on the price of BTC. I don't dare to assume like you that there are groups of people playing that cause the price of new coins to only last for a moment.
Then regarding long term investment, I don't think there is any guarantee, even if it's BTC.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
It will of course give you guarantee let's say a high percentage of guarantee that it will give you positive outcome when it comes to acquiring profits. But then, we can't really say it's 100% guarantee profit as the crypto market is unstable and can be possibly pull back from it's bought price.

However, good thing we can still hold our long term investments even the market crash and that's the advantage of investing in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
I think it's not only crypto investments that can't guarantee us, but almost all investments in this world can't provide 100% guarantees for us to get a profit, so why is everyone starting to switch to crypto? Of course the answer is the factor of trust in crypto as one of the safe and transparent investment assets for long-term storage, if people continue to question the guarantee of an investment of course that person will only walk in place without any progress in his life, because indeed if we want good profits In a big investment of course we have to take a big enough risk in life.
Right now many people who only want big profits but without the courage to do and also take risks...!
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

To answer your question directly and shortly i would say No, you never have a guarantee that you make profit for sure if you invest into a crypto currency and hold it for a few years or so. For most projects that people bought a few years ago and held until today it is probably true that they are still very deep in the profit zone right now, but of course there can never be a guarantee that this is still true for the future. I think though that it is still very likely to still be true, as i am pretty confident, that if you buy some  BTC, ETH or some other well established crypto project right now and hold for at least a few years that you can make a profit with that if no big unexpected happenings occur.

Always to established your proper understanding finding the right project for long term holdings, many failed even they

hold their  coins for the long period time and suddenly got bored and sell it out of timing. You need to have the patience

and good control especially with your emotions, it helps to continue being positive to achieved success.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 110
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Although BTC has a huge fan following and influence in the cryptocurrency world, it doesn't guarantee long-term investment. Moreover, I know that Altcoin was born because of the influence of Bitcoin.
Any crypto assets will never give you guarantee. The crypto has no guarantee for any investment. People who have been dealing to invest in the crypto known about the risk in the cryptocurrency.
If anyone wanna get profit from there and then they must also try to deal with the risk. No gain no pain and you must have learned a lot from this.
There's no safe place in crypto. It's better to keep your money in your wallet if you didn't wanna deal with the risk
I think all crypto exchange platforms also provide information regarding crypto trading risks.
all will return to ourselves not to rush in determining the choice of assets that we will buy.
Studying the project, market, and community I think is important before buying an asset. even though it is the market's top asset at the moment. it is important because we will use it to make a good investment plan.
Activity: 149
Merit: 12
Almost zero investments in the world provide solid guarantee you know
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

To answer your question directly and shortly i would say No, you never have a guarantee that you make profit for sure if you invest into a crypto currency and hold it for a few years or so. For most projects that people bought a few years ago and held until today it is probably true that they are still very deep in the profit zone right now, but of course there can never be a guarantee that this is still true for the future. I think though that it is still very likely to still be true, as i am pretty confident, that if you buy some  BTC, ETH or some other well established crypto project right now and hold for at least a few years that you can make a profit with that if no big unexpected happenings occur.
Pages:
Jump to: