Pages:
Author

Topic: Will people come back to gold - page 10. (Read 24528 times)

Activity: 734
Merit: 109
January 09, 2019, 03:01:27 AM
Anyone read it? Smiley

If not - it a good book, as the others also - from Jules Verne...
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
January 09, 2019, 02:53:34 AM
Recently gold price has peaked high, and the same has made the market of gold grow high. When the price of bitcoin grew people from gold moved to cryptocurrencies. Soon after that people moved back to gold as it serves as a trusted investment and as an easy accessible asset that has got usage all around and accepted worldwide. As it looks like a bullish market the inflow of fiat from gold will continue supporting the growth of cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
January 09, 2019, 02:51:30 AM
With the current economy, the fears about the Brexit, Italy, the Sino-American problems and the general pessimism among investors; It looks like Gold is coming back the past months. At the same time, countries like the EU, Japan & China are reducing their investments in the economy,
(it should also reduce demand for the USD?)

Even the Central banks are buying more Gold (+13% from the previous year). Economists predict a dark year for 2019 and it seems a lot of large funds are now buying Gold massively. Especially from Asia and Soviets.
There is nothing like people coming back, lol, they are already buying gold. In my country, majority of the people here are buying lands, only a few people I have seen talk about investing their money in golds. I once invested in gold but didn’t work out the way I planned, so I switched to what everyone was doing, which is buying lands and keeping it for the future, you never know when it might get useful and the price will increase.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 09, 2019, 02:27:24 AM
With the current economy, the fears about the Brexit, Italy, the Sino-American problems and the general pessimism among investors; It looks like Gold is coming back the past months. At the same time, countries like the EU, Japan & China are reducing their investments in the economy,

Even the Central banks are buying more Gold (+13% from the previous year). Economists predict a dark year for 2019 and it seems a lot of large funds are now buying Gold massively. Especially from Asia and Soviets.
Maybe these countries you are referring to are just making sure they backed their local currency with gold to avoid any trouble in time of economic crisis. Gold is pretty stable so risk could be less unlike the high risk high return cryptocurrency that might change it's value anytime due to volatility. Good for those who has large funds as they can hoard some  for the future purposes. Gold is actually a good investment for back-up.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
January 09, 2019, 01:15:11 AM
Gold has become an investment that has existed since ancient times and until now there are still many people who still invest in gold and this is a good thing
Activity: 686
January 09, 2019, 12:31:03 AM
I am sure that gold is the safest and most important investment choice for everyone, they will never leave gold because only gold is the standard and will continue to be accepted throughout the world even in a recession.

It is one of the safest investment as told by the investors.

Gold is always every where in the globe and that is the reason it really is one of the best investment or asset you can have. Wherever you go, gold has its value sticked to it, countries may have different values to gold but you get the point. Investors will not be coming back to gold because in the first place, they never leave gold.
But in times of crisis gold is even more wanted by investors and the average person as well, governments know this and they are trying to manipulate the price of gold so it seems their economies are doing well when in fact they are only postponing the inevitable, because sooner or later the system they have created that is based in debt will collapse.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
January 09, 2019, 12:21:52 AM
Will be based on how bitcoin and altcoin price or situation at the future, when bitcoin still at lower price will make many investor back to gold investment and never joined bitcoin or altcoin investment again until have higher price.
Activity: 742
January 08, 2019, 11:38:48 PM
if in my opinion to return to gold, yes, because crypto still doesn't have a good change right now, and this seems to be only temporary. but to get rid of crypto investment is not because crypto investment is very promising and to get big profits is easy and fast
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
January 08, 2019, 09:08:24 PM
. Hedging often means paying a premium just in case an adverse event occurs.

There are no historical precedents for a reserve currency collapse of this magnitude, if the USD were to collapse at this point. So gold is a very obvious hedge due to its importance prior to the emergence fiat money. If the fiat system begins breaking down, I believe many states will immediately regress to gold-based money.

I totally agree with that and explains why gold has fallen out of favour, it does nothing important exactly just stays a metal without ever degrading or changing.   People view it as expensive, unproductive and unneeded.   Warren Buffet tells a tale of how stupid humans appear to dig up metals & exspend so much effort only to place it back in the bank vault, right in the ground again.

He is right in a way but gold does have a purpose, every time I read about poltiics its obvious we need to rely on something as simple as gold to regulate value.   We cant have political debt as money like the current system is.

Exactly. I think it's a mistake to make everything about an asset's utility. I've seen the argument made that the best forms of money don't have any utility at all because that makes supply unpredictable.

Fundamentally, people need money, and they're always going to choose something. It's easy to view gold production/storage (or Bitcoin mining) as unneeded or unproductive because it has very little intrinsic value or utility. Their biggest value is not intrinsic at all: it has to do with society's faith in them as money.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
January 08, 2019, 07:42:27 PM
I'm not a gold investor since I started investing to Crypto but I believed that they just want to get a secure investments by buying some gold. And still gonna invest their left money to Crypto this year of 2019 because as we can see the market is still on the move of making the alue of any currency I that's why it is really hard to know if their investments in those two will gonna grow faster.
Talking about security,  absolutely gold have it than of bitcoin. The price of gold is continuously growing as its stay longer to us, it could be the same with bitcoin but the big problem with bitcoin is that there is a big chances of getting which couldn't be happen to gold. 

But we are in practical now,  we look for high gaining profits investment  which is presence to bitcoin and that is why people have love it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
January 08, 2019, 07:22:00 PM
I'm not a gold investor since I started investing to Crypto but I believed that they just want to get a secure investments by buying some gold. And still gonna invest their left money to Crypto this year of 2019 because as we can see the market is still on the move of making the alue of any currency I that's why it is really hard to know if their investments in those two will gonna grow faster.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
January 08, 2019, 03:18:12 PM
if the investment is to be made to gold, silver, and so on, more amounts of money must be invested than cryptocurrencies because these mines do not earn as fast and as much as crypto money. Besides, mines offer a more risk-free investment, so large corporations and investors who don't like the risk tend to the mines. in short, it is not a weird situation for people to tend to mines.

People are still using gold more than Bitcoin because gold is more stable than Bitcoin it will be the main reason for people don't get more attractive with Bitcoin and gold is more fortunate with the people that's why I think a gold is better than Bitcoin
Activity: 487
Merit: 115
January 08, 2019, 02:47:31 PM
if the investment is to be made to gold, silver, and so on, more amounts of money must be invested than cryptocurrencies because these mines do not earn as fast and as much as crypto money. Besides, mines offer a more risk-free investment, so large corporations and investors who don't like the risk tend to the mines. in short, it is not a weird situation for people to tend to mines.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
January 08, 2019, 12:51:51 PM
Will be possible many people back to gold investment, when always got bad moment and lost money with bitcoin investment, they will try back to gold investment and hope get profit there.

the situation sometimes can change nowadays. moreover the state of bitcoin is being so declining, so it makes a lot of people sad, and sometimes they look for other ways to make a profit. moreover they are also afraid of the risk of bitcoin which is increasingly declining.
for those who are afraid of cryptocurrency, gold is an alternative investment. I think as an investor already have a view on investing. and I think the moment is one of the causes
Choosing both will be the best strategy since I am sure that gold will also begin to grow very fast during the next decades, the only problem with holding gold is that the growth could take a long time to manifest itself while in bitcoin a new asset that can be traded more easily than gold the bull markets appear more quickly and with greater intensity.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
January 08, 2019, 12:24:19 PM
yes they will return because gold is an asset for investment that fluctuates with fiat currency and its value is stable.

I think as an additional source of investment people will buy gold and not as a replacement of crypto cueeency . As it should be in different categories gold and crypto both are good investment options and continue to flurry in coming time as well.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
January 08, 2019, 12:07:42 PM
People will never leave gold in the first place. Aside from you can use it as an accessory its price will still continue to grow in a more stable manner that can still be beneficial for your end you were investing your money on it.

Oh, no, here you are wrong. For most guys that want to make money (big money, sure), gold is in the first place. For them, it is easier to buy precious metal than to work with the cryptocurrencies.
Gold will always have its value and no one will leave it as a good place for investing your money, a good backup in case economy issue happen, crypto might be another alternatives and those who understand financial investment will keep gold while playing with crypto, diversion and spliting assets but gold will never be forgotten as a priority.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
January 08, 2019, 12:07:01 PM
yes they will return because gold is an asset for investment that fluctuates with fiat currency and its value is stable.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
January 08, 2019, 11:25:12 AM
Well, gold is always and will always be the, well, gold standard in backing up currency. Though I'm pretty sure that gold was once of little or no value besides accessories.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
January 08, 2019, 05:23:04 AM

You know 2018 was a mysterious year. Even if we faced so many problems such as the ones you have mentioned (Brexit, Itan, etc.) we still underwent a great year with a great growth rate for the global economy. I think that the reason that institutions have started to turn into buying gold in more quantities is the imminent economic downfall that I predict it will happen in 2019.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
January 08, 2019, 04:32:22 AM
People will never leave gold in the first place. Aside from you can use it as an accessory its price will still continue to grow in a more stable manner that can still be beneficial for your end you were investing your money on it.

Oh, no, here you are wrong. For most guys that want to make money (big money, sure), gold is in the first place. For them, it is easier to buy precious metal than to work with the cryptocurrencies.
Pages:
Jump to: