Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Satoshi Nakamoto be world's first trillionaire ? - page 7. (Read 17110 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Knowing the U.S. and the history of inflationary monetary systems we'll all be trillionaires in no time

That would be a very light statement in my opinion. World's strongest currency wont evaporate in air overnight.

Maybe not trillionaires but the currency did lose 98% of its' purchasing power since the 1910s.   $10 million today, based on historic inflation, might only be worth the equivalent of lower six figures in 40 years.  Of course the world, with all its' debt, is in a very peculiar state compared to the Cold War decades and inflation could surpass historic inflation.

In some ways most people already know this - there's a reason why the middle class, once getting their paycheque, puts their money into real estate or gives it to investment funds who promise returns beyond inflation. 

On the contrary, Bitcoin is a deflationary currency in nature as its supply diminishes with time and demand increases. So, at some point, rather than real estate or other legacy investment funds, people may chose to invest in Bitcoin as a better store of it value.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
Knowing the U.S. and the history of inflationary monetary systems we'll all be trillionaires in no time

That would be a very light statement in my opinion. World's strongest currency wont evaporate in air overnight.

Maybe not trillionaires but the currency did lose 98% of its' purchasing power since the 1910s.   $10 million today, based on historic inflation, might only be worth the equivalent of lower six figures in 40 years.  Of course the world, with all its' debt, is in a very peculiar state compared to the Cold War decades and inflation could surpass historic inflation.

In some ways most people already know this - there's a reason why the middle class, once getting their paycheque, puts their money into real estate or gives it to investment funds who promise returns beyond inflation. 

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
first trillionaire ? i guess not anymore  Tongue
legendary
The Rothschilds beat him/her/them to it.

Which individual Rothschilds u r talking about ? They are a family who are into business for generations...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
The Rothschilds beat him/her/them to it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
It has been discussed in the article Bitcoin Trillionaire.

What is your opinion ?

Well I believe that we mustn't confuse the value of the Bitcoins one holds with the potential money you can get for them. The total market cap doesn't reflect the actual amount of money put into Bitcoin, after all!
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

What is your opinion ?

Satoshi Nakamoto is not one person. He is atleast 20 people in the making.
legendary

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Activity: 13

What is your opinion ?

Well, technically it's possible.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Not too sure about him becoming the worlds first trillionaire that would take a lot and I am sure he works with people whom he would need to share anything he gets with so I don't personally see this being the case.
legendary
The suspected trillionaire has just asked for some coins from theymos Wink

The email said:
@theymos does an email get expired on gmx.com ?

I don't know.

Have u received previous mails from him ? Did he use to sign those ?

I did receive emails from him in 2010. He didn't sign them.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
i think the Rothschilds are already trillionaires
Agreed.  If you take their combined family fortune wealth/assets and add them all up far in excess of a trillion dollars imho.

yeah pretty sure their networth is about 400 Trillion lol

They are a family... not an individual. Bill Gates has more wealth than a single Rothschilds.
legendary
Why do you think that he has lots of BTC. Most of the people that invented some good stuff never got that much out of their inventions, some of them even died in poverty. I think he might have millions but more then that don't think so.

Satoshi's million USD holding can make him a trillionaire, if 1 Bitcoin equals 1 Million USD.

Total world wealth is less than $200 trillion, and less than 5% of that is in the form of fiat cash. Even if BTC could capture 10% of the fiat market share, its market cap would only come to $1 trillion. With 1 million coins, Satoshi's stash will be worth some $50 billion.

Where did u get that data that the total world wealth is less than $200 trillion ? Any authentic source to support that claim ?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Why do you think that he has lots of BTC. Most of the people that invented some good stuff never got that much out of their inventions, some of them even died in poverty. I think he might have millions but more then that don't think so.

Satoshi's million USD holding can make him a trillionaire, if 1 Bitcoin equals 1 Million USD.

Total world wealth is less than $200 trillion, and less than 5% of that is in the form of fiat cash. Even if BTC could capture 10% of the fiat market share, its market cap would only come to $1 trillion. With 1 million coins, Satoshi's stash will be worth some $50 billion.

I didn't think he had millions of btc but millions of fiat currency that he could have gotten when btc was 1000$, so making him a fiat millionaire. Still I do think there are people out there that have million of btc.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

In my opinion bitcoin won't reach 1 million USD ever, it should be the world currency  to hit that value.

Yes, I agree.
In fact, several countries should accept bitcoin as their currency and maybe, in such case, such scenario can happen.
I doubt this will happen in the near future.
i think the Rothschilds are already trillionaires
Agreed.  If you take their combined family fortune wealth/assets and add them all up far in excess of a trillion dollars imho.

yeah pretty sure their networth is about 400 Trillion lol
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
No, since he is not 1 person he cannot be a trillionaire.  Even if they have 1 million  bitcoins(Which I highly doubt they do) they probably split them up between the group, so say there are 5 of them(No idea how many there are) that would mean each person has 200,000 coins.  Which means each coin would need to be worth like 100 million dollars......Keep dreaming.
Activity: 56

In my opinion bitcoin won't reach 1 million USD ever, it should be the world currency  to hit that value.
Pages:
Jump to: