Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Stablecoins have a future? - page 4. (Read 16442 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 10
April 13, 2019, 03:22:25 AM
Stablecoins have been considered among many investors to be a safe-haven for crypto's volatility. Ever since Tether (USDT) emerged, several other stablecoins have launched in order to provide people with a wide variety of options to choose from. However, the stability of stablecoins is yet to be questioned since we've seen how Tether has gone below $1 in the past.

NuBits used to be a stablecoin too, but now it has lost its peg to the USD. Which means, that the same thing could happen with most stablecoins out there, since they're traded on a free market.

Nonetheless, do you believe that stablecoins will have a future? If not, why? Smiley

Stable coins are a necessity in the highly volatile market. It may not entirely solve the problem but it helps in managing risks. I believe stable coins will hang around for a while because its obvious that this market thrives on volatility which influences profits and loss

Stablecoin needed for people who trade in market. I am agree stablecoin help in managing risk. More stablecoin i think its good because its give more supply fresh money in market and it will increase the price. I think stablecoin have a future but for trade to manage risk
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
April 13, 2019, 02:57:49 AM
Stablecoins have been considered among many investors to be a safe-haven for crypto's volatility. Ever since Tether (USDT) emerged, several other stablecoins have launched in order to provide people with a wide variety of options to choose from. However, the stability of stablecoins is yet to be questioned since we've seen how Tether has gone below $1 in the past.

NuBits used to be a stablecoin too, but now it has lost its peg to the USD. Which means, that the same thing could happen with most stablecoins out there, since they're traded on a free market.

Nonetheless, do you believe that stablecoins will have a future? If not, why? Smiley

Stable coins are a necessity in the highly volatile market. It may not entirely solve the problem but it helps in managing risks. I believe stable coins will hang around for a while because its obvious that this market thrives on volatility which influences profits and loss
Activity: 584
Merit: 252
April 13, 2019, 01:15:38 AM
During last bull run the prices of alts rose because there were not enough pairing to buy bitcoin and ethereum and thus the market makers and investors were looking for stable coins which needed to be backed up by something and can be easily bought directly without being forced to make their fiat converted to ethereum or bitcoin to buy any altcoins.Also introduction of stable coins will also help in making the market bit stable,which is one prime concern for big investors.
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
April 13, 2019, 12:37:09 AM
From my perspective stable coin will have a good future. Investor more like stable coins instead "hype" coins. If it grows bigger it might be a oppurtinity to get a big profits. Also cryptocurrency will be a favourite investment for investor.
Activity: 493
April 13, 2019, 12:15:16 AM
in my opinion stablecoin will have a future. because this coin is created anti-volatility and aims to be used for everyday transactions. like to pay bills and buy daily necessities. As cryptocurrency stablecoin grows, it will be needed as a counterweight to crypto coins that have high volatility.
Activity: 378
April 12, 2019, 11:06:15 PM
I am sure that stablecoins will have a good future if the team involved can make it grow better, all coins will surely have a good future if the team is able to make it grow well and can make it more widely known
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 12, 2019, 10:52:37 PM
People are using stable coins and they are pretty useful. I have no doubts that stablecoins have a great future, but the only question is if we really need so much stable coins that are on the market now. We can easily handle our transactions with only several stablecoins. I do not need 20 of them.

Stablecoins may be useful to protect against the dreaded volatility of crypto. However, their stability may be questioned as they're traded on the free market. Not to mention, most stablecoins are not backed by governments which gives a higher risk than regular Fiat. Some are backed by the issuer's holdings at a bank account, while others are backed by algorithms. Which means, that their peg could fail in the future if anything goes wrong. It happened once with Tether and it could happen again in the future.

Nubits on the other hand, is another stablecoin which promised a 1:1 peg to the USD but now it's history. While I agree with you that there's too many stablecoins in the market, sometimes this is good as it brings people with a variety of options to choose from.

Nonetheless, the future of stablecoins will greatly depend on investor interest across the crypto market. Just my thoughts Grin
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1568
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
April 12, 2019, 07:26:00 PM
Why do we need these stablecoins, when we already have similar currencies in the form of Paypal and Skrill? A stable coin is just a digital version of the United States dollar. It has nothing to do with the original crypto-coin invented by Satoshi. It's exchange rate will be determined by the central banks of the United States.

This is because you haven't lived in the other side of the fence, in a country where you can't just buy USD. And even if you do it in the black market, you end with physical money you can't use online. Paypal, no credit card? Too bad, can't use it; and hope they don't chargeback scam you... Skrill also has obnoxious rules, like Neteller and others hostility against crypto. There is AirTM trying bridge them all but their fees are outrageous.

Not all stablecoins are pegged to the USD, some are pegged to the EUR, or some other fiat or asset.
Activity: 361
BIB Exchange
April 12, 2019, 07:06:46 PM
in my opinion, for USDT, it should continue to be stable following the USD price because this is a benchmark for the USDT price, if it experiences a decline far from that it will not last long in the market.
Activity: 837
Merit: 1
April 12, 2019, 05:58:49 PM
One thing I know and believe, both in the crypto space and in the world is that, any project or coin with great use case will always have a future. Stablecoins are used by almost if not all traders, so yes they will continue having a brighter future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
April 12, 2019, 04:30:38 PM
Yes of course, I am not a fan of stable coin but I am sure that they will have a future because I am part of those people who makes use of stable coin to carry out trading activities and make a lot of profit from the market especially when the market is bearish. I make up to 3% profit every day trading between normal coin and stable coin, it pays off a lot and I think all traders can try it out too.
Activity: 336
April 11, 2019, 06:42:05 PM

I don’t believe the stable coinam because they don’t have a documentary guarantee that if you are so willing, they will exchange the stablecoin for dollars any time. And since there are no guarantees, it means that everything works only on trust, which I do not have to speculators.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
April 11, 2019, 04:18:36 PM
I think that despite all the negative, stablecoins have a future. Considering the situation when the market is in the red zone for a long time, stablecoins are a good option to wait out the falling market. Their name speaks for itself - “stable coins.” They are not tied to the value of a particular currency. They are designed to maintain price stability. With their help, you can protect the profits from volatility, and not convert your crypto assets into fiat. However, it should be understood that the concept of "stability" is very relatively
Activity: 491
April 11, 2019, 03:03:58 PM
As soon as the cryptocurrency becomes stable. I think she will just conquer the world. In any servant we will come to her and will use it on a large scale.
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
April 11, 2019, 02:59:41 PM
That's just a clarification of how the future is going to look like about cryptocurrency, seeing bigger companies coming in is like they have seen more than just an opportunity in crypto for the future. In times to come crypto will take a bigger chance in the world than it's doing now.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
April 11, 2019, 02:32:45 PM
Yes, they will and I think their future will be in dual coins Platform for hedging. If truly we want to see full scale adoption, cryltl platforms tbat want ro target the masses must have a stablecoin for hedging in their ecosystem.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
April 11, 2019, 02:31:26 PM

Yes, I believe the stablecoins will have a future because it's as you said "they are safe-havens for crypto investors" whenever the market starts misbehaving people have a place to put their own money.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
April 11, 2019, 01:32:05 PM
the Stablecoins/Stable currency (USDT,TUSD,USDC) is a crypto coin that has the best future because it is very suitable for use as a payment instrument... I predict these coins will be used by the general public as a daily necessity transaction tool in future, because the coins exchange rate movement is not too high.
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
April 11, 2019, 01:00:23 PM
stable coins will be the best bridges of crypto currencies with FIAT currencies, I don't think that stable coins will be able to speculate too far but they will not die they will continue to mediate between crypto currencies and FIAT currencies.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
April 11, 2019, 12:46:34 PM
It seems to me that only stable coins have a future. Because it is stable coins that inspire confidence and therefore they invest.

stablecoins are just a tool to deposit or withdraw money from the exchanges so they have a future only in this kind of role.
Pages:
Jump to: