Pages:
Author

Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank - page 25. (Read 3757 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 502
November 13, 2017, 11:19:57 PM
Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
I do not like the idea of a bitcoin bank but it is very obvious to me that it is going to happen, banks are going to realize at some point they are losing business to bitcoin and they are going to begin to accept bitcoin as a deposit, I do not think it is going to happen yet because most of the people in bitcoin at this time are people that have a strong ideology about what is bitcoin, so most of us have strong feelings against banks, but as bitcoin becomes more popular and everyone begins to use bitcoin then we are going to become a minority and at that point a bitcoin bank will be a real possibility.
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 13, 2017, 10:17:14 PM
Why anyone convert everything that is decentralised to the centralised one? This will disturb the way everything works in the crypto currency. They will have no more use and no body will interest in it because all the prices for those assets would be controlled by financing system which is nothing apart from the current traditional assets like government. Plus those countries which don't have taxes on it they will levy the taxes also. So in short everything will collapse for bitcoin and it could not be better place to trade at.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Young, Dumb & Broke
November 13, 2017, 09:51:54 PM
Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.

I get what your saying since centralization has its pros; efficiency, security, etc...  But i think it is highly unlikely for Bitcoin to have a bank or a centralized entity because Bitcoin is decentralized in itself, so it would defeat its purpose if there is a centralized entity regulating it. But the idea you have is not impossible.
Activity: 47
Merit: 10
November 13, 2017, 09:24:26 PM

I believe it is possible but not impossible, as in my country the banks are fighting against bitcoin as it is causing many obstacles to their development.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
November 13, 2017, 09:07:15 PM

Pages:
Jump to: