Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Virtual Reality Change the Future of Gaming? - page 3. (Read 1337 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
The entrance of virtual reality itself is the start of new generation for gaming.
Activity: 97
Virtual reality gaming seems to be trending now with the increasing number of games with better graphics and storylines being developed. Prices for the gear however, like the Oculus Rift, could be steep. A great way to dabble with VR is with your iPhone. All you need is a Google Cardboard Headset to experience the immersive, engaging and thrilling adventures, the likes of which you’ve never experienced before on flat screens. Here are sample games:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-iphone-vr-games?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

Have any of you tried these games? Do You think VR gaming is the future?

Yes, Virtual Reality is the future of gaming, but as of now, it's too expensive and requires a powerful system to run games smoothly and not all people can afford it, so maybe in the future, it will be fully adopt to all people.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
I have seen many of those VR headset on display or for trail but dont know if anyone really using VR for gaming, other thing is to use VR technology you might need very powerful systems because the amount of data processing required for VR games will be very high, i think its very difficult at present given the costs and infrastructure required for VR games.

I think in future it can be realty depending on how quick we improve infrastructure for VR games and also how quick the cost for playing or buying VR games comes down or become affordable for majority of gamers.

Oh.. VR in gaming is gaining so much popularity now. In fact, there are quite a number of brands that have released its own headset now. Examples are Oculus (owned by Facebook), HTC, Lenovo and Samsung -just to name a few. But I agree. VR hardware is quite expensive right now and is keeping the technology from its projected mass adoption. But I'm quite confident it will get there, especially since VR is now also being explored in schools and hospitals.
You should try VR if you can. Doesn't the possibility of being immersed in different virtual worlds, fascinate you?
Activity: 12
It looked promising but the adoption is really slow in my opinion. Let us see how it unfolds in coming years.
Activity: 39
It will definitely and it will change everything how players interact with each other during the game and Virtual reality can improve the gaming industry to a whole new level
Activity: 126
I have seen many of those VR headset on display or for trail but dont know if anyone really using VR for gaming, other thing is to use VR technology you might need very powerful systems because the amount of data processing required for VR games will be very high, i think its very difficult at present given the costs and infrastructure required for VR games.

I think in future it can be realty depending on how quick we improve infrastructure for VR games and also how quick the cost for playing or buying VR games comes down or become affordable for majority of gamers.

I agree. The technology is awesome, but so far, it's too expensive for it to become fully adopted. But I do believe it does elevate the gaming experience. I've tried a couple of games using the Oculus Rift and with its immersive quality, you actually feel like you're in the game. So with the right equipment and pricing, I am convinced gaming will be revolutionized.

VR really, has a lot of potential. Not just in gaming, but various industries like education and medicine. It's one technology to watch.
Activity: 110

Activity: 196
Virtual reality gaming seems to be trending now with the increasing number of games with better graphics and storylines being developed. Prices for the gear however, like the Oculus Rift, could be steep. A great way to dabble with VR is with your iPhone. All you need is a Google Cardboard Headset to experience the immersive, engaging and thrilling adventures, the likes of which you’ve never experienced before on flat screens. Here are sample games:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-iphone-vr-games?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

Have any of you tried these games? Do You think VR gaming is the future?
Pages:
Jump to: