Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins? - page 19. (Read 4145 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 252
Unless you are a very experienced trader, I strongly suggest you not to do that.
Altcoins pose substantial risks, even in day trading: subpar exchanges, vulnerabilities of all sorts, poor liquidity that can damage your profits.
Greed is good, but I think you can fulfill it with bitcoin.
My two cents,
F1
It depends on the altcoins you are trading, some of the major alts have already a market cap that is very high and should be traded in the biggest and best exchanges so there is no risk with those coins except the risk inherent to any market and the risk generated by your skill or lack of skill, but I think that those that do not have a lot of experience in trading should try to make money in bitcoin first before moving to more volatile coins.
Activity: 377
Merit: 252
I think it is a good choice to trade altcoin rather than bitcoin for short term since the volatility of altcoin is much higher than bitcoin, as you said that bitcoin is good for long term investment and I agree on that. Bitcoin is similar with gold in our real world that will be good for long term investment.

Yes, and like you suggest Bitcoin is a long term asset with real value and as such I would not trade BTC to buy Altcoins as I htink that's quite risky.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Swipe!
Maybe yes, but only in very rare occasions, in this year BTC is a true king, it feels much better in the market if we compare it with alts.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
It is obvious thing that quantities over quality works best in the crypto currency market. As you explained with an example that how little volatile can help boost the earning for heavy quantities of X coin that we are holding. Its all about the smart math applied here. Bitcoin on the other hand has got huge value right now and practically a general investor can not really buy more than single bitcoin in a day! That is also a lot but just consider an example. Then also if it moves by X % then the profit would be so much less. So yeah follow that strategy and we are good to go for the profits.
Activity: 46
Buying alt coins by trading with Bitcoin is good idea when the alt coin satisfies some factors like good team, good roadmap/project, community etc. But trading is better when Bitcoin price is raising Because all alt coins follow Bitcoin, when BTC price is dropping, alts drop even more so at this situation Bitcoin is safe or USDT
Activity: 560
Merit: 145
this is a problem-solving for now, buying bitcoin for altcoin trading with the purpose of collecting bitcoin for the future is a smart idea. I think this will be interesting when many people have the same idea to trade altcoin.
trading like this will not make us afraid to lose money, because the focus is to collect bitcoin. and when bitcoin rises, selling bitcoin will profitably double.
Activity: 182
Day by day my bitcoin charge is melting, and I see us the prices going down, my trust and bitcoin goes down as well. So I think maybe I should look on some Alt coins to buy.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
I will but not with all my bitcoin. Before I do that there must be an insider information concerning the altcoin that i want invest in. Based on the information then will decide how much i am selling of my bitcoin to buy the altcoin. All iam after is profit and keeping my portfolio green.
I think there is no harm in trying. Doing such thing will maybe ending as profit. I believe that we can gain a huge amount on crypto if we try to do good decision of choosing a good coin. Altcoin is also profitable investment, I think we need to try to make buy on it for good.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I will but not with all my bitcoin. Before I do that there must be an insider information concerning the altcoin that i want invest in. Based on the information then will decide how much i am selling of my bitcoin to buy the altcoin. All iam after is profit and keeping my portfolio green.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
I think Bitcoin is perfect for us to invest in the long term. People who have invested their money in Bitcoin, will hold their coins up to a maximum increase in Bitcoin prices. If the Altcoin price is believed to decrease. I will convert half my Bitcoin to Altcoin.
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
Unless you are a very experienced trader, I strongly suggest you not to do that.
Altcoins pose substantial risks, even in day trading: subpar exchanges, vulnerabilities of all sorts, poor liquidity that can damage your profits.
Greed is good, but I think you can fulfill it with bitcoin.
yes, I agree that alternative cryptocurrency is way more risky than bitcoin is so unless you are experienced enough you should not trade alternatives in a big amount.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
If you really want to gain in short term maybe just part of your btc. You don't need to trade all of your btc into altcoin. Since alts is way cheaper, partial of your btc will do. Others also said, there's more profit in altcoin trading so it's not bad at all if you want to. As long as your move is always right or atleast you can lessen your error.
Activity: 5
yes. i will
Activity: 4
I will trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins Wink
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
It is their wish whether to buy the altcoin or not because people are actively trading their Bitcoin buy buying altcoins. While investing into altcoin we have to be very careful because there are fake projects circulating the market and this makes people afraid of investing in altcoins.
Well, it is not even about the wish, it is just about the timing and the smartness of using the altcoins to increase your bitcoin position and for potentially huge profit. One thing about this market is that altcoins always have their own time and definitely we know that bitcoin will always have its time. It is just to make use of these times to one's advantage since that is the essence of maximizing profit anyway. Like you said though, it is necessary to be careful of coin or token to hold.

for me i also have to believe or overlook for some altcoin that are pretty potentially even that this is not to be trend for but for as long as this may benefit my needs for.
This must be one the criteria that every trader must look into before trading their highly precious bitcoins for altcoins. I am not meaning altcoins are not precious but investing into altcoin, we must check lots of things just to minimize the risk levels.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
I do used bitcoin   to buy altcoins  because some altcoins are very cheap now and in future one can really make good money from it.  The rate it takes bitcoin to double in price is not the same rate it do take other coins to double in price because those coins that are below $1 can easily get you profit than bitcoin.
For some years now, trading altcoins has really been able to help me accrue quite a good number of bitcoin. One thing about altcoins is that they tend to have huge fluctuations and it is actually one of the easiest ways of increasing one's profit hugely if you are able to trade the market effectively to your advantage.

What are needed are just the knowledge and the necessity to stick with coins with great potentials and good support from the community and that is all it takes.
agree with you dont just look for the coin that are trend or what for me i also have to believe or overlook for some altcoin that are pretty potentially even that this is not to be trend for but for as long as this may benefit my needs for.
Activity: 313
Merit: 11
if you are good a trader and have experience why not to sell some of bitcoin for altcoin trade to gain more profit but if you not better hold your bitcoin because trading ia very risky of you dont know what your doing.
Activity: 98
But if you use bitcoin to buy altcoins that you invested in the long run, then this completely changes your strategy and you become an ordinary day trader.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It sometimes happens as we need to diversify our investment and chances to gain more since Bitcoin isn't showing huge pumps in the past days. Only we look for potential altcoins for sure there is return from our hard works. In trading we need to have a systematic decision and schematic plan, this are the tools for traders to succeed.

Well bitcoin isn't a  coin that usually enjoys pumps at a consistent basis. The onenlast december was quite unusual. If you're efficient in day trading, then it's well worth your btcs to.buy alts you trust.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
It's not a good idea to trade bitcoins to altcoins but instead,it's better to hold it for a long period of time until the end of this year because surely the price will rise again at that time.
Pages:
Jump to: