Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins? - page 20. (Read 4145 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
It sometimes happens as we need to diversify our investment and chances to gain more since Bitcoin isn't showing huge pumps in the past days. Only we look for potential altcoins for sure there is return from our hard works. In trading we need to have a systematic decision and schematic plan, this are the tools for traders to succeed.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
I do used bitcoin   to buy altcoins  because some altcoins are very cheap now and in future one can really make good money from it.  The rate it takes bitcoin to double in price is not the same rate it do take other coins to double in price because those coins that are below $1 can easily get you profit than bitcoin.
For some years now, trading altcoins has really been able to help me accrue quite a good number of bitcoin. One thing about altcoins is that they tend to have huge fluctuations and it is actually one of the easiest ways of increasing one's profit hugely if you are able to trade the market effectively to your advantage.

What are needed are just the knowledge and the necessity to stick with coins with great potentials and good support from the community and that is all it takes.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
For me, I am not into trading my bitcoin to buy alts because i know the real value of my bitcoin that it can give me a good profit than any other crypto. I got my bitcoin through my bounty rewards from the bounty campaign that i participated from different icos.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
No,  i will stay and keep calm,  hold my investment and buy more altcoins.  I wanted to keep my btc and wait for the increase. I guess there is a blessing in waiting.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
At this point I believe we do not buy altcoin, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly decreasing and this will cause the price of altcoin to fall. In case bitcoin prices can recover, altcoin prices will fall further.

So I believe that at this point we should just buy and trade bitcoin.
Activity: 518
sometimes I do buy altcoin from the profit I get from bitcoin trading because I have to look for opportunities, which coin will be more profitable now and if altcoin is better then of course I would choose in altcoin
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
In an extremely bear market I'd trade bitcoin for very good alts. Generally, most of these alts depreciate in value as compared to BTC. This means little BTC can buy you more alts, probably multiple amounts of alts than what you previously had.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
ADAB ICO
I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?

Bitcoins is more profitable than altcoins because there are more people who prefer to invest on bitcoins and that is the reason why bitcoins is very popular now a days and has great potential to the market that will grow its price more than any other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
yes for me maybe with altcoin trading more have good potential to get a profit in a relatively short time when compared with bitcoin trading, but it certainly depends on the ability of each individual in terms of trade.
In short time investment altcoins is more  profitable and return of investment would not take to long, the important thing is you  should select  the right one.
Activity: 228
Merit: 1
yes for me maybe with altcoin trading more have good potential to get a profit in a relatively short time when compared with bitcoin trading, but it certainly depends on the ability of each individual in terms of trade.
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
There is a gretaer chance of making better returns on investments if one invests in altcoins than with bitcoins.Prices move faster as much less cash is required to spike the price
Activity: 350
Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile, and every day fluctuation happens in crypto environment, For me, trading bitcoins to other types of alt coins are an opportunity, If you know well the movement of crypto's, Then its advantage for an individual to dig more on other types of coins. Surely money is now easy to hunt:)
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
the possibility to earn more from both in short term as well as long term is with alts, I always trade btc to buy altcoins and usually have more profits than to trade btc but sometimes more loss as well.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
OptiToken going to open at like $4 people saying
Activity: 448
It is their desire whether to purchase the altcoin or not on account of individuals are currently exchanging their Bitcoin purchase purchasing altcoins. While putting into altcoin we must be extremely watchful in light of the fact that there are phony ventures circling the market and this makes individuals anxious of putting resources into altcoins.
Activity: 395
It may also depend on the time when you can make a trade decision. If you leave bitcoin to trade Altcoins if the Bitcoin price goes up and the Altcoins price when you buy cheap after rising to sell is still profitable but it is very dangerous when Bitcoin goes down and Altcoins prices go down.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
I definitely will and that's what I'm currently doing. I hold more altcoins rather than Bitcoin. The price of BTC now is still the highest in the market and I believe that I will have more profit in the future if I'll invest my money in quality altcoins so whenever I have BTC, I use it to buy more altcoins.

I think there's nothing wrong with it, especially if the prevailing trend is more favorable for altcoins rather than going for Bitcoins. However, you should still do it with caution because you might not know when Bitcoin will once again surge in value, which would really make you regret losing it after it has gained significant value as compared to the amount when you sold it. Also, you have to take in mind that Bitcoin is still better than any other altcoin in the market, so it would still be a better move to hold Bitcoin.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 356
We all knew at first that trading is unpredictable to know what will happen next to the coin that we hold. That's why we need to study more in cryptocurrencies how it works so that you can be easily know the possible happenings, like when to sell and wen to buy.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
The price vs btc of the majority of the altcoins is almost at all time low. Hence it makes much sense to convert some bitcoin for altcoin. This is with the hope of a market recovery, otherwise everything is lost. I am in this gamble!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
It makes perfect sense to trade btc vs alts as btc is the gateway coin that you need to go through to buy most alts. If you have $100 BTC and you trade it to alts. If you make a x2 profit so you make profit of 100 $ BTC.
i think you trade to get udst profit with this way , I don't keep my trading capital in BTC, and I don't trade to earn more BTC. I trade to earn more USD.

So everyone have their own goal, but in those trades you constantly sell and buy bitcoins, for another alt or for dollars, that`s trading. More bitcoins is more dollars and vice versa.
I trade my bitcoins to buy altcoins short time and I have couple that i wait to grow, some holding. I will see this alts when price reach some top in my opinion and buy back if I think that price will bounce back.
There is to many factors to consider in trading, talking in general doesn`t have sense to inexperienced man in crypto world. For better advice please give more infromations about specific trades and alts you consider for your trade.
Pages:
Jump to: