Pages:
Author

Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins? - page 21. (Read 4145 times)

Activity: 431
Merit: 251
It makes perfect sense to trade btc vs alts as btc is the gateway coin that you need to go through to buy most alts. If you have $100 BTC and you trade it to alts. If you make a x2 profit so you make profit of 100 $ BTC.
i think you trade to get udst profit with this way , I don't keep my trading capital in BTC, and I don't trade to earn more BTC. I trade to earn more USD.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
It makes perfect sense to trade btc vs alts as btc is the gateway coin that you need to go through to buy most alts. If you have $100 BTC and you trade it to alts. If you make a x2 profit so you make profit of 100 $ BTC.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
Why not? Bitcoin has a lot of value - a fraction of 1BTC can buy you a lot of other altcoins. So if you want to diversify your portfolio you can do this. Besides, most altcoins (the good ones) have a tendency of bringing you back quicker profits in large margins. That said, do your research before investing in any altcoin. There are loads out there which are basically pump and dumps.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
I definitely will and that's what I'm currently doing. I hold more altcoins rather than Bitcoin. The price of BTC now is still the highest in the market and I believe that I will have more profit in the future if I'll invest my money in quality altcoins so whenever I have BTC, I use it to buy more altcoins.
I will never do it because I have long believed in bitcoin want in market condition anyway i will still choose bitcoin because i already feel its own profit at least some i see new coins that have the potential to invest long term
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 16328
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
I am holding more altcoins than Bitcoin, about 60% of my capital to buy ETH the rest are other coin like NEO, BCH, EOS ... Invest in Altcoins will make you more risk than Bitcoin . But in return you will be profitable when the market price increases. I recommend buying and keeping them long term rather than short term. To reduce the risk, only invest in the top 30 coin on Coinmarketcap
Looks like a magic recipe, not investment advice.
There's no diversification in crypto, sorry.
My two cents,
F1
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
I am holding more altcoins than Bitcoin, about 60% of my capital to buy ETH the rest are other coin like NEO, BCH, EOS ... Invest in Altcoins will make you more risk than Bitcoin . But in return you will be profitable when the market price increases. I recommend buying and keeping them long term rather than short term. To reduce the risk, only invest in the top 30 coin on Coinmarketcap
legendary
Unless you are a very experienced trader, I strongly suggest you not to do that.
Altcoins pose substantial risks, even in day trading: subpar exchanges, vulnerabilities of all sorts, poor liquidity that can damage your profits.
Greed is good, but I think you can fulfill it with bitcoin.
My two cents,
F1

I agree. I think the better plan of action here is to trade other altcoins that are doing well to buy some up-and-coming ones that could gain big in the future, but don't trade Bitcoin or sell them off just to buy altcoins that may or may not go big. I say that because even though Bitcoins actually stagnate and dump for most parts of, say, a year. It would still give you more gain once it begins to surge and gain back whatever value it lost or at increase its value more. If you would just get rid of our Bitcoin out of quick necessity that might lead you to regret in the future once it gains.
The long end is what I am going to care about.
Let's say 2028, 10y from now.
Bitcoin will end north of 200K (conservative value given by 3 different own pricing models) or go to zero.
ALL TODAY'S ALTCOINS will be priced at ZERO in 10y time.
Hence , my very cautious approach to trading in crypto (even if i can assure you I am a very experienced trader, overall).
My two cents,
F1.
Activity: 185
Merit: 3
Its good to variaty your investment case in the most profitable alts and according to me this is the best time to invest at ico period .You can partially cut down your total investment from btc to invest in coins like NEO STM NEM.
maybe you are right  I have already get some coins with bonus - waiting for listing, project team promise main exchanges
they have already launched mvp
Could you give me the link

https://streamity.org/en/
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
Unless you are a very experienced trader, I strongly suggest you not to do that.
Altcoins pose substantial risks, even in day trading: subpar exchanges, vulnerabilities of all sorts, poor liquidity that can damage your profits.
My two cents,
F1

I agree. I think the better plan of action here is to trade other altcoins that are doing well to buy some up-and-coming ones that could gain big in the future, but don't trade Bitcoin or sell them off just to buy altcoins that may or may not go big. I say that because even though Bitcoins actually stagnate and dump for most parts of, say, a year. It would still give you more gain once it begins to surge and gain back whatever value it lost or at increase its value more. If you would just get rid of our Bitcoin out of quick necessity that might lead you to regret in the future once it gains.
Activity: 177
Merit: 0
Its good to variaty your investment case in the most profitable alts and according to me this is the best time to invest at ico period .You can partially cut down your total investment from btc to invest in coins like NEO STM NEM.
maybe you are right  I have already get some coins with bonus - waiting for listing, project team promise main exchanges
Could you give me the link
legendary
My two cents,
F1
I completely disagree with you. If she is new or very experienced, it has nothing to do with bitcoin or altcoin. What he should do is study fundamental and technical analysis. If you say bitcoin is an alternative for beginner traders, you are very wrong. He will not develop. Although hodl throughout the year it is useless. I think if you are an experienced trader you already know this.
I am not English mothertongue, but I read several time your reply and I couldn't get the meaning of it.
Altcoins are 99% scam, so no point in learning fundamentals of altcoins (if any) or  draw channels, MACD or RSI when they are trading only on pump and dumps or in an high beta versus Bitcoin (Bitcoin dominance flucutuation implies altcoin beta (CAPM beta) being >1).
My two cents,
F1

Activity: 185
Merit: 3
maybe you are right  I have already get some coins with bonus - waiting for listing, project team promise main exchanges
Activity: 375
Merit: 18
send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs
Both are good to hold or trades but in terms of profit altcoins much can give big earnings. One reason, its price the more the cheap a token price the hivher the chance for the feedback profit we can get. Even a 5 percent gain can give you dollars. That is the disadvantage of btc. Price worth thousands of dollars it will need big pump to take profit
Activity: 3
Activity: 177
Activity: 68
My two cents,
F1
I completely disagree with you. If she is new or very experienced, it has nothing to do with bitcoin or altcoin. What he should do is study fundamental and technical analysis. If you say bitcoin is an alternative for beginner traders, you are very wrong. He will not develop. Although hodl throughout the year it is useless. I think if you are an experienced trader you already know this.
Activity: 179
First thing I need to say is that the choice is only up to you. But as for me, I wouldn’t sell be btc, not now as its price is deep.
Activity: 472
Merit: 10
It will definitely be more profitable, so there is nothing wrong in trading some bitcoin and buy altcoins. As some altcoins has got the potential to make x50 or x100 in future.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
I think it is not a bad idea to put part of your BTC allocation to various altcoins. They could make good profit once the market recovers and to me, it is always a good idea to diverse the portfolio
I agree.Bitcoin is still the best investment for me but i think it will be more profitable if you also have some altcoins in your trading activity.While i have bitcoins for my long-term investments,i also have some potential altcoins for my day-trading.
Activity: 76
now altcoin is also falling down so for me I really have to be careful where I will put my money to make a profit but I will definitely get a profit from it I will definitely do it
Pages:
Jump to: