Pages:
Author

Topic: Windows 10 and Bitcoin Discussion - page 7. (Read 7348 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
August 13, 2015, 12:29:02 AM
keep using windows 7 or 8.
because we are still doubting about the bugs in windows 10.
you won't understand what the bugs will affect your computer if you are not a pro of computing.
using windows 10 will need us to do lots of configuration to prevent privacy failure.
so the bitcoin privacy, even if it is Qt.
i am still using windows 7, at least i am not been affected by windows 10, because that is as easy as windows xp.

avoid using bitcoin wallet if you use windows 10 apparently.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
August 13, 2015, 12:07:20 AM

I hope that this topic is in the right part of the forum, it's technical and relates to a big risk re Bitcoin.

I have been reading that the new Windows 10 OS has a LOT of privacy-destroying "features", including a rudimentary keystroke logger.  I read that that using it will expose passwords and other sensitive info to Microsoft.

But, what I have read was not at technical blogs or websites!  I did see this item at Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3grgxn/att_windows_10_serious_threat_to_bitcoin_privacy/

This of course would make use of online wallets risky, but probably hardware wallets (Trezor and Ledger) less so if they were ALREADY setup before Win 10.

I invite comments re Windows 10 and its likely BAD effects on privacy.  Maybe having a computer tech install Win 7, say, after I get my next computer?

(I am not ready for Linux.........)
Pages:
Jump to: