Pages:
Author

Topic: Windows mining monitoring tool - v2-BETA [OPEN BETA] - page 23. (Read 104783 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Cool. Nice to know.  Smiley
Now, after you clarified security questions, I've got a question about the tool itself.

Is it OK to run miltiple instances of monitorig on the same PC?
I'm using my home PC for mining, not a dedicated rig. Just plugged the second GPU in via PCIe raiser.

So I've got multiple-vendor setup. Nvidia's 970 as primary GPU, which only works for mining when PC isn't used (Claymore's ETH miner). And AMD's 7970 as a secondary GPU, which works 24/7 (Claymore's ZEC miner).
As a result I've got two different miners working in parallel, each on it's own GPU.

In the monitorig, I don't see the way to launch multiple miners at once. So the reasonable question is: is it possible to launch multiple copies of monitorig? Each with it's own configuration and miner.
Activity: 789
Merit: 501
There's also a VNC server included, providing the remote access to my PC. Which, technically, is an extremely high security risk.
I see there's a "remote control" feature in your tool. So I totally get what you use it for.
But I, personally, would prefer not to have this feature, rather than giving a full acces to my PC for some app I can't descrube as trusted. Yeah, I'm a security freak living in the era when almost any app spies on you and sends some kind of "telemetry", I know.
But still.

So I hope, removing vnc-server won't stop other parts of your tool from working properly? It will brake only "remote control" feature, right? From what I see, it works OK without VNC server.

One more thing. There's a node.exe under peer-vnc folder. On the details section of this file's properties, I can see it has a version 0.8.28.0.
So I downloaded the same version of Node.js windows executable from the official archive just to compare. And, again, they don't match. Not just in binary comparison, but even the size. And your node.exe has some noname-style digital signature.
Is it some kind of a modified version of official Node.js release?  Huh

Just to be perfectly safe, I've replaced it with the latest release of Node.js. It won't cause any problems, I guess?
For the vnc feature, it's not started automatically.
And the service that provide the vnc proxy from the guys who host the service ... is really not reliable in term of performance.
I leave it in the beta for now, but it's clearly an experimental feature.

For the node.js, it's the standalone exe from the official repository.
you can override it if you want Smiley
There's also a VNC server included, providing the remote access to my PC. Which, technically, is an extremely high security risk.
I see there's a "remote control" feature in your tool. So I totally get what you use it for.
But I, personally, would prefer not to have this feature, rather than giving a full acces to my PC for some app I can't descrube as trusted. Yeah, I'm a security freak living in the era when almost any app spies on you and sends some kind of "telemetry", I know.
But still.

So I hope, removing vnc-server won't stop other parts of your tool from working properly? It will brake only "remote control" feature, right? From what I see, it works OK without VNC server.

One more thing. There's a node.exe under peer-vnc folder. On the details section of this file's properties, I can see it has a version 0.8.28.0.
So I downloaded the same version of Node.js windows executable from the official archive just to compare. And, again, they don't match. Not just in binary comparison, but even the size. And your node.exe has some noname-style digital signature.
Is it some kind of a modified version of official Node.js release?  Huh

Just to be perfectly safe, I've replaced it with the latest release of Node.js. It won't cause any problems, I guess?
It's just, that I packed some miners with the tools, when I opened the beta.
but you can totally use the newer version, just delete the content (except start.bat and run.bat) and paste the new files in the miner folder.

My tool is totally virus-free. It's only node-js program made by myself.
The only external parts are Openhardwaremonitor for the sensor reading and the miners that have to be in the sub folder "miners"
@th00ber
I can't download the zip archive with the beta v2 release.
My browser just doesn't let me to do so.
https://image.ibb.co/hLvctQ/001.png
It's in russian, the text says: "Blocked: It may contain a virus or spyware".

I'm using Firefox 47.0.2
I can try to download it with another browser, but so far it never gave me a warning with no reason.
And this is not even a warning. It's an authomatic block.

So, the reasonable question is: what could be causing that?

UPD: I've downloadid it with Opera and sent it to virustotal. You know, the VirusTotal detection rate is REALLY high.
https://www.virustotal.com/ru/file/7a6d64511dca6fb75cafacc5fd7fb0e491f8315709877c2897676da1b64c9c22/analysis/1497884845/
Your tool has 4 detections more than the miner itself. And, more importantly, it's forcefully blocked by the browser while the miner isn't.

UPD2: OK, I've unpacked the archive, removed the miners subfolder, repacked it and sent to VirusTotal again: https://virustotal.com/ru/file/57d40e07074e4e50ec9abce6d6070485c00cb7ba4f93c253a9e3b02fe8e7b298/analysis/1497886011/
Now it's almost perfectly safe.
Then I bitwise-compared the embedded miner files with the ones downloaded from the official threads (Claymore's ZEC and ETH). And they don't match. Like, at all. It seems you're using an older versions (a much older ones).
So now I've got a few questions:
1. Why do you use the old versions instead of new ones?
2. Is it safe to replace the embedded miners with the latest official releases that I download myself, or you have modified them in some way?
3. Is it safe to completely remove miners that I don't use? Won't it stop your tool from working?

offtop: that's why open-source is always better.
site down? cant reach it
It's ok, the vps has reboot, I just restarted the service.
Sorry for the downtime, I'll watch that
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
site down? cant reach it
Activity: 73
Hello,
I have ideas for improvements to SW V2.

1. The ability to set Core clock and Memory clock
2. The ability to adjust the voltage
3. Adjust the fan speed
4. Ability to set up the address in which the RIG should be mined.
5. The last point to be determined for points 1 to 4. To determine which RIG to set, such as address, bar, speed, reset and voltage.

If it is possible to program some of these points, I will be very pleased.

The main priority is to set the address in bulk, with the RIG name set in the editor. Something like Simpl. From Pole, that the RIG name may not be set in the address but directly into the SW from Poles https://simplemining.net/

Thank you for your help Smiley

Pictures: http://www.imgup.cz/image/LhFD
chrome wont let me download it.
Why ? I don't have problems.
Some miners are embedded, maybe a virus scan that block the download ?
Activity: 3
Hello. Nice project)
I have some questions or offers
1)For future will be great add telegram support. When rigs not online or rebooted. Send message to telegram.
2)Add ccminer for LBC.
3)Auto reboot if rig frezed

Offers 1 and 3 implemented at this software https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fermtools-for-easy-video-card-output-parameters-monitoring-and-alerting-1442723 . You can find also sources.
But there are some mistakes. When rig without internet connection, that software think that rig freze and reboot rig.

Any support for Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v9.4 ?

Doesn't seem to work for me when I run this version get Not running/hashing message.
It's not normal. Miner have to start automatically.
When monitorig is run, the updater check for a New version + start monitoring + start Openhardwaremonitor + start miner

For ccminer, I don't know... I don't have NVIDIA card to test and integrate the miner.

But I'm thinking to invest in an Nvidia card this summer.
If you can provide me the log from the miner, I may can add it sooner. PM me)
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Yes, thank you,
just realized that just app is updated, not miners.
So I'm running new one, so it's fine now.
But, I have few other question.
I have few rigs in my home, when I start monitorig, miner is starting automatically.
But on my second site, It won't run miner automatically, I have to run them manually.
Not sure, why is this happening.
And the last thing, can we expect support for ccminer?
cheers
No, to update miners, you have to update the files in the miner folder (for now)
Just replace the folder with Claymore 12.5

When you restart monitorig, it only update the monitorig tool (with now a support for Pasc dual mining)
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Hi!

any news on Claymore 9.3 dual ETH+Pascal support ?

thnx
BTC
Ready !! Smiley
Restart the monitorig on your rig, it will update.
Then, just run your Claymore ETH+PASC and enjoy

Let me know if you have troubles

Hi,
I restarted monitorig, but it won't update.
It's still mining with Claymore 7.4.
Also rebooted whole, rig, I set than run as administrator, but nothing helped.
Activity: 4
Looks like a great tool!
A few questions:
1. Why is bundled claymore miner so old - some compatibility reasons?
2. Readme says that ohm should be started manually/autostarted, but monitorig.exe is trying to launch it as well and doesn't see already running instance - is it expected?
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Hi there !
I'm so glad you that I break a new record ... 300 rigs simultaneously connected on the tool Smiley

I have done huge rewriting and optimization on the server side.
It's really faster now (less than 200ms per call).
Now that the backend is optimized and stabilized, I'll focus on new features.

Thanks for using the tools guys !! Smiley

PS : If you want to tips : 1M7ceU3bwdV2ByBZYiXW7CDyx7JpwGsHap
It will help to pay the server Wink

Great job - does this support ccminerAlexis78?

Thanks for your hard work
Hi there !
I'm so glad you that I break a new record ... 300 rigs simultaneously connected on the tool Smiley

I have done huge rewriting and optimization on the server side.
It's really faster now (less than 200ms per call).
Now that the backend is optimized and stabilized, I'll focus on new features.

Thanks for using the tools guys !! Smiley

PS : If you want to tips : 1M7ceU3bwdV2ByBZYiXW7CDyx7JpwGsHap
It will help to pay the server Wink
It would be possible to set up addresses in bulk, with one selecting which man and not needing to reset but the ability to mark everyone and then just remove that he does not need. How Simple

http://www.imgup.cz/image/LXZC
templating ? it's a good idea Smiley
Activity: 73
It would be possible to set up addresses in bulk, with one selecting which man and not needing to reset but the ability to mark everyone and then just remove that he does not need. How Simple

http://www.imgup.cz/image/LXZC
Pages:
Jump to: