Author

Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched! - page 472. (Read 522763 times)

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
I don't think that it will experience the same fate either, just that it will be harder to convince people to trust this enough to put their money in - not wanting that to be true, and thinking that those people would be wrong to ignore Wings because of what happened to The DAO doesn't change that fact. Recognizing it and talking about what can be done may change that fact.

Also I disagree that 'DAO' is just a marketing gimmick: its an actual thing not just a word.

Sensible points.  Like it or not perception is a huge part of crypto valuation right now (just like the stock markets) so just ignoring these kind of issues would be foolish.

Right now in addition to the DAO/ETH crisis there is also the BTC block halving issue/price instability and there is also a lot of ICO fatigue from the large amount of recent ICOs. 

All of this should be considered before making a hasty launch.

Yes, its difficult timing for a few reasons as you say. But at the same time they've already started things like the signature bounty so they can only leave it so long before people will start to get unhappy and/or remove the signatures. Hopefully The DAO will refund everyone's ethers before too long and BTC will find a range to settle in and they can start the ICO after that.

If not then perhaps they could start the ICO and just have it run for quite a long time?

Good points.  And we are not in a hurry, but it needs to be pointed out that TheDAO appears to have been done in a hurry - we are using it also as a learning experience we can build upon.  We still aim to be ready this summer, just want to ensure everything is done right. 

Keep in mind that WINGS DAO is not meant to be a "VC fund" like TheDAO.  It's meant to be a network to launch more DAOs (some DAO do not even need "money"), so we have no need for $200 Million to create that network. 

When WINGS is done right, we would not be surprised if some day, a "DAO" type VC fund does actually launch using WINGS but that is way into the future when people know it works and have confidence which will take time to rebuild.

While "the draining of TheDAO" event itself is of course leading one to be concerned about the people who have lost access to their funds, it is not exactly a surprise that something went wrong.  Many leading people in the space have written articles from calling for moratoriums to security issues in the last month. 

So we just ask for everyone to have patience and contribute where you can so that we can build something that is secure, lasts and has a long-term positive impact.

IN CASE, just in case there is a bug in Wing's DAO like it is in TheDAO, how will it be dealt with? Is there  any mechanism for this scenario?
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
I don't think that it will experience the same fate either, just that it will be harder to convince people to trust this enough to put their money in - not wanting that to be true, and thinking that those people would be wrong to ignore Wings because of what happened to The DAO doesn't change that fact. Recognizing it and talking about what can be done may change that fact.

Also I disagree that 'DAO' is just a marketing gimmick: its an actual thing not just a word.

Sensible points.  Like it or not perception is a huge part of crypto valuation right now (just like the stock markets) so just ignoring these kind of issues would be foolish.

Right now in addition to the DAO/ETH crisis there is also the BTC block halving issue/price instability and there is also a lot of ICO fatigue from the large amount of recent ICOs. 

Yes, its difficult timing for a few reasons as you say. But at the same time they've already started things like the signature bounty so they can only leave it so long before people will start to get unhappy and/or remove the signatures. Hopefully The DAO will refund everyone's ethers before too long and BTC will find a range to settle in and they can start the ICO after that.

If not then perhaps they could start the ICO and just have it run for quite a long time?

Good points.  And we are not in a hurry, but it needs to be pointed out that TheDAO appears to have been done in a hurry - we are using it also as a learning experience we can build upon.  We still aim to be ready this summer, just want to ensure everything is done right. 

Keep in mind that WINGS DAO is not meant to be a "VC fund" like TheDAO.  It's meant to be a network to launch more DAOs (some DAO do not even need "money"), so we have no need for $200 Million to create that network. 

When WINGS is done right, we would not be surprised if some day, a "DAO" type VC fund does actually launch using WINGS but that is way into the future when people know it works and have confidence which will take time to rebuild.

While "the draining of TheDAO" event itself is of course leading one to be concerned about the people who have lost access to their funds, it is not exactly a surprise that something went wrong.  Many leading people in the space have written articles from calling for moratoriums to security issues in the last month. 

So we just ask for everyone to have patience and contribute where you can so that we can build something that is secure, lasts and has a long-term positive impact.
It will be the last week June incoming and I wonder if wings gonna release ICO specs and try to enlighten most of us what do wings is capable of.

working on it right now, got a little side tracked with the drama of the last days.
when the first payment at the signature campaign ?

there will be only 1 payment, it will be done before the funding starts
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
when the first payment at the signature campaign ?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
It will be the last week June incoming and I wonder if wings gonna release ICO specs and try to enlighten most of us what do wings is capable of.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
www.cryptocompare.com
following up recent posts: This a good idea, but it's nothing more than that, if you look at this and you want to throw money at it as it is, then you're an idiot. The Wings DAO looks like an extremely good idea and they have a competent designer, but that's all we know so far.

Stay tuned, because more will come, then decide, for now let them work on what seems to a great idea!! Smiley Best of luck
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
www.cryptocompare.com
I see wings having 10k btc investment.
The Dao platform vision (if it works) could bring tremendous wealth to wings token holders.

I see successful ico, but afterwards who knows.

10k BTC investment? Where?

he ment in a future
TTE
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
The Dao platform vision (if it works) could bring tremendous wealth to wings token holders.

10k BTC investment? Where?
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

With these statements, I see no relation with Wings, only sentiments. Better take it to ethereum thread.
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io

I think you have not gone thru Wings ' Egg bounty system . Let me explain the procedures so you may SERIOUSLY consider Wings. To eliminate abuses of bounty , Wings developer is hosting https://bounties.wings.ai for which you can easily see your accumulated social networks rewards. Now to me this is quite an innovative way to track down users' activities with regards to its product. Now if you cannot comprehend this, it is not my fault and Im the one who is laughing Smiley

OK so you are a bounty scrounger then.  No wonder you don't care about a successful launch, you are just interested in free money.  Get a job Grin

Now ... that is really funny. Can't explain much with your level.
legendary
Activity: 952
I think you have not gone thru Wings ' Egg bounty system . Let me explain the procedures so you may SERIOUSLY consider Wings. To eliminate abuses of bounty , Wings developer is hosting https://bounties.wings.ai for which you can easily see your accumulated social networks rewards. Now to me this is quite an innovative way to track down users' activities with regards to its product. Now if you cannot comprehend this, it is not my fault and Im the one who is laughing Smiley

OK so you are a bounty scrounger then.  No wonder you don't care about a successful launch, you are just interested in free money.  Get a job Grin

A troll is obviously does not appreciate a great work as you did....

Lol.  This is too funny to ignore.  What great work?  What are you even talking about?  If you are not a troll you have definitely lost touch with reality but please continue I could use a laugh.

legendary

Cryptorials.io
If you people don't believe in Wings Platform better stay away from this thread . You dont have enough appreciation of good work.

I know I said I wouldn't reply but I can't help it - if you 'believe' in something which hasn't even got a whitepaper yet then I suggest you join a religious movement instead. I'm not saying that to knock Wings, which looks very interesting and exciting so far and will probably be awesome, just to say that you have a very irrational mindset if you simply pick things which look like they might be good and then create some kind of cult member attitude around them which requires you to try to block out and silence anything which contradicts your own made up version of what you think it will be.

Ok technical whitepapers are essentials to products initiating ICOs. Im with you there, but what I disagree is  that comparing wings to a compromised ethereum. That there is a possibility wings might experienced the same fate as ethereum because of a mere SYNONYMOUS DAO marketing name.

legendary

A troll is obviously does not appreciate a great work as you did....

Lol.  This is too funny to ignore.  What great work?  What are you even talking about?  If you are not a troll you have definitely lost touch with reality but please continue I could use a laugh.
If you people don't believe in Wings Platform better stay away from this thread . You dont have enough appreciation of good work.

I know I said I wouldn't reply but I can't help it - if you 'believe' in something which hasn't even got a whitepaper yet then I suggest you join a religious movement instead. I'm not saying that to knock Wings, which looks very interesting and exciting so far and will probably be awesome, just to say that you have a very irrational mindset if you simply pick things which look like they might be good and then create some kind of cult member attitude around them which requires you to try to block out and silence anything which contradicts your own made up version of what you think it will be.

Ok technical whitepapers are essentials to products initiating ICOs. Im with you there, but what I disagree is  that comparing wings to a compromised ethereum. That there is a possibility wings might experienced the same fate as ethereum because of a mere SYNONYMOUS DAO marketing name.
Cryptorials.io

Jump to: