Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 73. (Read 101134 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
I'll wait for your comments.
Seems like Ethminer Cuda was causing a loop of the benchmarking - we have disabled it for further testing.
Thank you for reporting this and for sending the log files.
Please let us know if this issue is indeed resolved now on your end as well.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes the benchmark of zec goes infinity. I had ti disable it too..
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Seems like Ethminer Cuda was causing a loop of the benchmarking - we have disabled it for further testing.

It works now. Benchmarking has stopped

Thanks a lot
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
I've been using WinMiner for a few days, and so far it's been pretty great. The payouts have been much better than Nicehash for my systems....
We can not be more happy..  Smiley

issues with how WinMiner is reporting the hash rates compared to what I'm seeing in the console window, as well as continual benchmarking....with EthMinerCuda...
We have disabled Ethminer on WinMiner for further testing. Thank you for reporting these issues!

I was wondering if there might be a way to disable specific mining software if we don't want to use it.
Interesting - will take it up with the team. Thank you.

Other than that, the program has been great and my payout is still better than what NiceHash was providing. In addition, the program has had absolutely no issues on my R9 280X system...
Hallelujah  Smiley
Activity: 2
I've been using WinMiner for a few days, and so far it's been pretty great. The payouts have been much better than Nicehash for my systems. However, I've been running into some issues with my main gaming rig that has two GTX 980s in it. A couple of issues with how WinMiner is reporting the hash rates compared to what I'm seeing in the console window, as well as continual benchmarking.

For example, when mining ZEC, the console window shows GPU0 at 317 h/s, and GPU1 at 340 h/s. However, the WinMiner GUI shows both GPUs at 317 h/s. I don't know if this is effecting the actual payout rate for the other GPU, but it's strange that it's not reporting properly.

Another issue I've been having is with EthMinerCuda. Before that was enabled, the benchmarks cleared fine and WinMiner was properly selecting the correct algorithm based on payout. However, WinMiner seems to be stuck in a constant loop of benchmarking with EthMinerCuda. It ran for over almost 24 hours and never switched off to another miner to benchmark. In addition, the hash rate is being reported completely incorrectly with that miner. Each GTX 980 should be getting around 22 Mh/s, for a total of 44 Mh/s. However, WinMiner is reporting each GPU running at 44 Mh/s, which is completely incorrect.

I was wondering if there might be a way to disable specific mining software if we don't want to use it. I know that we're able to disable certain coins, however that doesn't help out when there's both EthMinerCuda and Claymore for Ethereum. For me, the hash rate was no different between EthMinerCuda or Claymore in Ethereum-only mode.

Previously, WinMiner was typically running any combination of dual mining modes for a maximum payout and was working great. Now I simply have it set to mine ZEC/ZCL/ZEN/HUSH because I'm getting a better payout out of those than it simply sitting in a loop while benchmarking EthMinerCuda.

Other than that, the program has been great and my payout is still better than what NiceHash was providing. In addition, the program has had absolutely no issues on my R9 280X system (possibly due to EthMinerCuda not even being a possibility on that system as that seems to be the issue on my nvidia system).
Is there something I can do ?
Definitely!
Please send us log files (Help>Send error report; make sure "send log files" is checked; and please write your nick name so we know what the issue is).
We will take a look and get back to you.

Thanks I just sent it here is the screenshot for the ID

http://imgur.com/a/m8x46

works fine for me!
sweet, keep it up....
Thank you very much for your support, ideas and thoughts.
We will definitely consider.
Is there something I can do ?
Definitely!
Please send us log files (Help>Send error report; make sure "send log files" is checked; and please write your nick name so we know what the issue is).
We will take a look and get back to you.
Since a couple of day winminer is acting weird. It keeps telling that it's benchmarking, so it switches really ofter from coin to another one. I tried restarting my computer or restarting the app but still the same. So i'm never mining the most profitable coin. Is there something I can do ?

Thanks
Activity: 17
Is there any comparision with Nicehash miner, for example. Is it more profitable? It should be enough more profitable with 3% including fee
You wanted a comparison - you got one.. Smiley
Go to https://www.screenleap.com/winminer to see, live, two practically identical machines, each with Sapphire rx580, one running WinMiner and one running NiceHash.
Enjoy!
(Not sure how many users can watch this at the same time or how stable the broadcast will be...)

works fine for me!

sweet, keep it up. been running this on my rigs for the past few days. and really like what you are trying achieve. like others have mentioned more stats online would be nice and i'm sure you guys are still working on.  3% is steep though, but if you can tune your product to be best coin optimizer it can be it may make up for it.  or maybe offer fee discount incentives for users that support and run your product over time... just some thoughts...
Is there any comparision with Nicehash miner, for example. Is it more profitable? It should be enough more profitable with 3% including fee
You wanted a comparison - you got one.. Smiley
Go to https://www.screenleap.com/winminer to see, live, two practically identical machines, each with Sapphire rx580, one running WinMiner and one running NiceHash.
Enjoy!
(Not sure how many users can watch this at the same time or how stable the broadcast will be...)
do you guys have a social media presence just yet?  Twitter?
Twitter - Coming soon :-)
Otherwise, the software is looking great. 
Thank you very much! Nothing is more motivating than good feedback..
My quick wishlist...
1) iOS remote status monitor (farm mode).  I just want a simple app that shows my current hashrate, algos, status, balance and temps that I can keep on my desk at work.  Right now, I have chrome remote desktop that freezes and stutters throughout the day.
2) temps.  I really want to know the temperatures of my rig, preferably in one app (see: Awesome Miner).
2b) temp warnings, based on AMD/nVidia specs.  I would imagine green colored text for 60C and below, 61 to 80C yellow, and 81 and above red.
3) honestly, just more info.  Maybe an advanced mode, where we are able to see the miner windows, so we can troubleshoot on our own?  Kind of like NHML and NHM 2.x is doing it.
I'll be using the software for a week to see how it does.
(1) Settings>general - check the option "Show command screen"
(2) - (3) Great points and ideas. Thank you for sending

Otherwise, the software is looking great.  My quick wishlist...

1) iOS remote status monitor (farm mode).  I just want a simple app that shows my current hashrate, algos, status, balance and temps that I can keep on my desk at work.  Right now, I have chrome remote desktop that freezes and stutters throughout the day.
2) temps.  I really want to know the temperatures of my rig, preferably in one app (see: Awesome Miner).
2b) temp warnings, based on AMD/nVidia specs.  I would imagine green colored text for 60C and below, 61 to 80C yellow, and 81 and above red.
3) honestly, just more info.  Maybe an advanced mode, where we are able to see the miner windows, so we can troubleshoot on our own?  Kind of like NHML and NHM 2.x is doing it.

Already there is a miner windows bro. You just have to enable it on setting
Activity: 15

Otherwise, the software is looking great.  My quick wishlist...

Which issue? I don't have any issue just nicehash dillon mod.miner is more fast than this
We thought, reading your previous message, that you wanted Ethminer support in WinMiner since it performed better for you on your 1060 cards, and so we enabled it.
Is there another miner/settings you want to enable?

Oh thanks your support is very cool.
I'll let you know if i have some issue
Which issue? I don't have any issue just nicehash dillon mod.miner is more fast than this
We thought, reading your previous message, that you wanted Ethminer support in WinMiner since it performed better for you on your 1060 cards, and so we enabled it.
Is there another miner/settings you want to enable?
with ethminer 150mh...
...every 1060 does 25mh
Ethminer is now enabled for Cuda.
Let us know if issue resolved

with ethminer 150mh...
...every 1060 does 25mh
Ethminer is now enabled for Cuda.
Let us know if issue resolved
i think you did a wonderful work!!! esp getting paid directly in bitcoin or paypal is amazing..
you have to work more hard tho because nicehash miner still is more fast than your and right now with coins going down like hell i have to earn money for least pay my electricty bills for my 4 rigs.
but your work is really appreciated i look everyday for a new version of software
for example mining ethereum with all my rigs 6x 1060 3gb with claymore i get around 138mh each rig
with ethminer 150mh in nicehash using ethminer i get the same result, but in your i get less. try to work on it too the speed is what we miners matter,
and try to work adding some new coin like dbix or little coins like chaincore chc there are plenty now came out. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SPLENDID WORK

Preda,
Thank you so much!! you really warm our hearts (and now our fingers run even faster on the keyboards Smiley)
​Are you getting the better results using Genoil's ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1.7? And if so, what is the command line you are using?

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 2000 -U -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O wallet.worker

every 1060 does 25mh
Activity: 2
An issue when mining with the Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner: it's running in the Slow Mode because it needs admin permissions (once). If you set Winminer to show the console you can see this when Claymore starts up.
WinMiner by default should be run as Administrator (the program title should show "(Administator)") and WinMiner should therefore run Claymore as Admin as well.

I am and the program title shows that. The Claymore miner also indicates a reboot is needed, so perhaps that's the issue. Wouldn't have known a reboot was needed without bringing up the Claymore window though.

Additionally, I have a dual CPU system I'm testing this on - I select both CPU's but it's only actually mining on one CPU. Could be a restriction of the Claymore miner though (it does mention all logical CPU's but it's only maxing out one CPU).
Were you able to max out both CPUs using Claymore (not through WinMiner)?

Tested this briefly - by default it does not. Also couldn't find anything specific to allow it to using one mining instance. Easiest way seems to be spawning 2 seperate miners.

Also, for some reason it displays that unselected devices are mining. Ofcourse I'm not selecting my onboard Radeon HD or the Basic Display Adapter, but it claims that it does (the values are the same as the devices that are really mining).
Currently WinMiner does not support partial selection of GPUs. The performance you report seeing for your Basic Display Adapter probably belongs to other GPU on your system and is the result of the lack of standard identification method among miners (an issue we discussed earlier on the thread) which we are working to solve and hope to do so soon.

Fair enough and I do understand the challenges, but I hadn't selected any GPUs in this case. It was displaying the CPU mining results next to the Basic Display Adapter.
Pages:
Jump to: