Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 71. (Read 101134 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 102
I gotta say this is the best mining software suit i have used in a while , my old Radeon 7850  is being useful its pretty nice  for what otherwise would be a shelved GPU , everytime i think this is as good as it gets a new version pops up that makes it better Grin Grin
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
im using rx 460 2gb to dual mine music+dcr. Somtimes miner set the -dcri to 70 and this make less $$. I can adjust manually by press +- key, but claymore crash every time when it mine for devfee. Any fix for this ?
Thanks for the feedback.
This is a known issue for GPUs with less than 4gb. Nevertheless, we are working on a solution for such cards. will advise as soon as its out.
ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteGPU 9.5 and 9.7 and ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU 3.5 always throws
UNKNOWN OPTION -rand
UNKNOWN OPTION 4699383
(the number is changing every time)
but works fine
Not to worry.. this is how it should be working
Also, some non default dcri values can increase profitability (on AMD -dcri 35 works slightly better than 30). Please add an option to change it manually
We hear you. This is already on our wish list (and we will now be adding an esclamation mark next to it. Smiley)
ClaymoreZcash 12.5
always fails benchmark, after a few seconds starts 2nd copy of miner and then 3rd and kills the first two and then dies without result
It would really be great if you could send us the log files after a WinMiner session with ClaymoreZcash 12.5, and please mention your nickname. We promise to look into this asap.
SgminerDiamond 4.1.0
Sgminer 5.5.1 and SgminerVTC 5.1.0
We believe these are related and working on a fix.

Thank you for sending this important feedback!
Posted this on your reddit thread, but idk that you are watching it, clear you are watching this, so:
First off, Im super impressed..
I think the dream would be something that would average profitability math across multiple sites..... for someone like me who is small scale enough to where 40 cents a day is good profits, lol.
Thank you for the warm words and the important feedback!!
Nothing gets better than fulfilling dreams  Smiley
Possible bug: I configured it not to run at startup in the options, but it still ran (edit I see another report here).
Fixed - please check and let us know if there is still  any issue.
Feature requests : on the website graph show which coins were mined on hover on the bars would be awesome. Would also be nice if I could see what various coins I mined and my total holding in those individual coins. I would also really like something like an autoconverting payout in selected coins like prohashing if that could eventually be managed (so far that feature is unique to them afaik).
Very interesting, though it is important to remember that WinMiner currency is USD (we may offer a user choice on this later on) and so user balance is in USD and coins mined are exchanged into USD.
IDK if there is an option to report GPU temps from the miners that show them, and account for that information when determining profitability (because it has to stop mining for a few cycles when it goes over 90 degrees), but there is one miner that constantly overheats my GPU, and Id like to have some way to determine which one that is so I can disable it without watching every window that pops up like a hawk.
Good news - this is already down in the production floor..
Really looking forward to the promised more CUDA miners
Working on it.
I think a portable option (unzip and run) would be kinda cool in addition to that other guy.
This is still on schedule for this week. Stay tuned  Smiley
Having a problem with benchmarking, it benchmarks Hush coin then continues into mining. Doesn't benchmark any other coins. Have all coins set and all miners.
WinMiner's latest version offers two modes of benchmarking, the default one, called express, uses crowd wisdom to quickly set each device to work on what is probably the most profitable coin for it, it then goes on every 30 mins or so to test additional coin at a time until it finishes a whole cycle of benchmarking. It then begins monitoring for best performance. In this mode you get up and running quickly with great performance while making sure your machine is fully optimized at the end of the process.
The second mode is a traditional full cycle benchmarking which tries out all options until a winner is found and then monitors for making sure you are always optimized.
You are welcome to choose which one suits you better - express is the default mode and can be turned off by unchecking it in the settings screen (which will activate the traditional benchmarking)
Hope this clarifies  Smiley

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Having a problem with benchmarking, it benchmarks Hush coin then continues into mining. Doesn't benchmark any other coins. Have all coins set and all miners.
Paypal and bitcoin withdraw don't work. I tried both and it writes "Insufficient balance".

Fixed ! Thanks for alerting, this is due to the preparation for today's possible BTC fork Smiley
Activity: 11
Paypal and bitcoin withdraw don't work. I tried both and it writes "Insufficient balance".
Activity: 7
Posted this on your reddit thread, but idk that you are watching it, clear you are watching this, so:

First off, Im super impressed. Ive been looking for something similar to NH/MG in terms of interface, and this really nails it! Im really new to all this, and although its featureset is impressive (especially the ability to use an alternative to coinwarz to determine profitability - I think the dream would be something that would average profitability math across multiple sites), I have found that something like Awesome miner is just too much to configure for someone like me who is small scale enough to where 40 cents a day is good profits, lol.

Possible bug: I configured it not to run at startup in the options, but it still ran (edit I see another report here).

Feature requests : on the website graph show which coins were mined on hover on the bars would be awesome. Would also be nice if I could see what various coins I mined and my total holding in those individual coins. I would also really like something like an autoconverting payout in selected coins like prohashing if that could eventually be managed (so far that feature is unique to them afaik).

IDK if there is an option to report GPU temps from the miners that show them, and account for that information when determining profitability (because it has to stop mining for a few cycles when it goes over 90 degrees), but there is one miner that constantly overheats my GPU, and Id like to have some way to determine which one that is so I can disable it without watching every window that pops up like a hawk.

Really looking forward to the promised more CUDA miners, and although it isnt a super priority for me as Im not currently using other computers, I think a portable option (unzip and run) would be kinda cool in addition to that other guy.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteGPU 9.5 and 9.7 and ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU 3.5 always throws
UNKNOWN OPTION -rand
UNKNOWN OPTION 4699383
(the number is changing every time)
but works fine

Also, some non default dcri values can increase profitability (on AMD -dcri 35 works slightly better than 30). Please add an option to change it manually

ClaymoreZcash 12.5
always fails benchmark, after a few seconds starts 2nd copy of miner and then 3rd and kills the first two and then dies without result

SgminerDiamond 4.1.0
benchmark always fails with
sgminer.exe: --description: unrecognized option

Sgminer 5.5.1 and SgminerVTC 5.1.0
Don't start at all, WinMiner doesn't download them.

tested with both CPU and GPU enabled on RX480/Core i5
I cannot get it running on Win Server 2012. Tried several machines, everywhere it says that it cannot download the miner, because of windows defender.
Yes I also wonder why in other computers that I tried installing this, that it says the miner cannot be downloaded because of the windows defender.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We are looking into this.
Stay tuned.. Smiley
Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
I cannot get it running on Win Server 2012. Tried several machines, everywhere it says that it cannot download the miner, because of windows defender.

Which is totally not true because defender is not even available on Windows Server 2012. Especially on the Core installation.
Firewall is disabled so nothing should stop it from downloading - but zero luck.

So then I tried to copy the specified folder from Win 7 machine which was able to download  and run the miner, but the Winminer somehow is still not happy and complains that it cannot download the miner (hey buddy, it's been downloaded, just run it!)

How can I make it download, or check what is preventing it from download (I think the Windows Defender blame is just some placeholder for "We have no idea what went wrong but you are running Windows so here's our best guess"), or at least take the files from some working node so the app doesn't try to download.

Many thanks

Yes I also wonder why in other computers that I tried installing this, that it says the miner cannot be downloaded because of the windows defender. But there is no windows defender installed on those computers with windows 7 OS. I also tried excluding the winminer folder for scanning by microsoft essential. But it still will not download the miner.

I understand this is still the alpha version. So I believe that the final version will be better once the bugs get fixed by then
Activity: 1

Which is totally not true because defender is not even available on Windows Server 2012. Especially on the Core installation.
Firewall is disabled so nothing should stop it from downloading - but zero luck.

So then I tried to copy the specified folder from Win 7 machine which was able to download  and run the miner, but the Winminer somehow is still not happy and complains that it cannot download the miner (hey buddy, it's been downloaded, just run it!)

How can I make it download, or check what is preventing it from download (I think the Windows Defender blame is just some placeholder for "We have no idea what went wrong but you are running Windows so here's our best guess"), or at least take the files from some working node so the app doesn't try to download.

Many thanks

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
Every time I turn my computer on, I find that WinMiner also starts on.
I didn't tick the box in the settings so I wonder why it starts up when I turn my computer on.
Activity: 2
So, bench-marking, say i want to benchmark 1 card out of the 5 I have in a system, Winminer doesn't seem to pass on that to the benchmark and still seems to run the benchmark against all the cards. Any way to correct that?
V/r,
Where is the new version? I always see 1.64 alpha
Version updates automatically (downloading from www.winminer.com with the password "alpha" is of course possible as well)
Subject line in the forum is now updated as well.
Let us know if you encounter any issues.
Activity: 11
- infinite benchmarking for ZEC for my 6xGTX1080 rig.
- when mining ZEC all hashes in winminer window are equal to the GPU0 hashrate while in the console the hashes differ slighly between all GPUs
- the miner keeps hanging and not rebooting
- the log file shows something like this:
Thank you for reporting this and for sending the screenshot and info. It was really helpful.
We believe these matters are now resolved. We have released a fixed version. Please let us know.

It's fixed! Thanks.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Thanks everyone for the wise tips, great feature ideas and for the bug reports. We listen and learn  Smiley

We have been working on a couple of things which bothered some of you and are happy to inform that we just released an update with the following improvements:

(1) Express Benchmarking - WinMiner now offers a new benchmarking method called Express (on top of existing benchmarking) - the express, which is now the default benchmarking method, leverages crowd wisdom to get you up and running quickly with great results while making sure your profits are optimized. It does so by testing a couple of options most likely to give you best profits (based on results from others with similar hardware). Then, once in a while, it will make an additional attempt at a time until a thorough benchmarking is complete.

(2) Express benchmarking stop checkbox has been added - so you can make the express benchmarking stop (and the old benchmarking will then commence), with a click, if you so desire

(3) Turning off a specific miner - you asked for it. it is now enabled.

(4) Wrong hash rate display for nVidia cards - we believe we have nailed this one down.

(5) Nvidia cards looping benchmark - we think this one is history.

This is it for now, more things in the pipeline (e.g. more miners for cuda)  Smiley

We can’t wait to hear if we have solved a problem you have experienced or if you like the changes we have made.

Where is the new version? I always see 1.64 alpha
Activity: 2
Looking at the coins offered to be mined is there anything special we need to do to get DGB (DigiByte) working? When i tell my miner to just use DBG it does nothing and just goes dormant.
V/r,
Pages:
Jump to: