Pages:
Author

Topic: Withdrawing on BTCe error "Money hold. 40625 min left" - page 2. (Read 13702 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1020
I am happy to report that my hold got lifted after about 9 days in place.  Bad customer service, but in the end they came through.  I had $16k and 1.5 BTC stuck in there.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Do people have to wait the 30 day holding period repeatedly every time they wish to make a withdrawal?
Activity: 12
How long was your account kept on hold for?

Ten days.

Hmm. 7th day for me (since USD credited; 15th days since first upload of ID docs). 7th trouble ticket. 4th time I've uploaded my documents. First time they asked me (in a response to a trouble ticket request) to provide my full name AGAIN in addition to the documents - although I used it to register on the ticketing system.. and it is of course on the ID documents.. and it was of course supplied as part of my initial document upload 2 weeks ago..

I've asked for an explanation about 15 times, but never any response other than the canned "Hello, it's actually difficult to understand what's the problem, could you describe it in detail + screenshots" or the one about the bank needing the ID docs.

I decided to go with BTC-e this time because the process with Mt.Gox seemed slow last time. But that was at least done in a day or so. This really makes me want to scream.

Guess it will have to be bitstamp next time. Can't wait for coinfloor to actually get going.

Ha! They did the "Hello, it's actually difficult to understand what's the problem, could you describe it in detail + screenshots" to me today too. It's almost like some kind of sick game they're playing where they come up with a new canned response every week and throw in one of the old ones to remind you that you are royally f**ked. Asked again today and again they also threw in the "Our bank ask you provide a copy of you ID and utility bill not more than 3 months old in high res quality (>300DPI scan) due to high fraud activity". They updated the withdrawal hold message now also (now its in hours vs minutes and they've tiered their levels of "F**k you"):

Money hold. 383 hours left

Why do I see such error? Hold is used in the following cases:

* Changing\resetting the password, changing of the e-mail. For the purpose of security. Hold up to 3 days. It cannot be removed.
* Depositing money from the payment systems with a high fraud activity. Hold from 1 to 7 days. It cannot be removed.
* Depositing money through the wire transfer. The time of the hold is from 1 month. It can be removed by providing your IDs through the ticket.

Don't know about first two but I can confirm the last one is a steaming pile as can anyone who's done a wire recently and had to play their sick game of "how frustrated can I make you". -->They won't remove the hold regardless of how many times you submit ID and utilities<--
This is how BTC-e customer service gets their jollies.
Activity: 46
Im on my 8th day now.   sent a few angry tickets and i hope they wont slow down the process.    Just pissed me off, even the btc and ltc that i had before i made a money transfer is locked down.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I have uploaded the documents right away when I saw the message. I have been waiting for 7 days so far and they didnt reply yet.
Activity: 41
Yay, only 8 days for me to get "out of jail" at last!
But it still took about 6 hours after getting the first "we unhold soon" message
legendary
Well it's encouraging they are releasing some holds.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I still have 33,000 minutes to go and over $10k in fiat tied up.

Ten days.

Hmm. 7th day for me (since USD credited; 15th days since first upload of ID docs). 7th trouble ticket. 4th time I've uploaded my documents. First time they asked me (in a response to a trouble ticket request) to provide my full name AGAIN in addition to the documents - although I used it to register on the ticketing system.. and it is of course on the ID documents.. and it was of course supplied as part of my initial document upload 2 weeks ago..

I've asked for an explanation about 15 times, but never any response other than the canned "Hello, it's actually difficult to understand what's the problem, could you describe it in detail + screenshots" or the one about the bank needing the ID docs.

I decided to go with BTC-e this time because the process with Mt.Gox seemed slow last time. But that was at least done in a day or so. This really makes me want to scream.

Guess it will have to be bitstamp next time. Can't wait for coinfloor to actually get going.
Activity: 294
Merit: 260

Ten days.
I've just had my account validated, and the money hold was lifted off.

There was no notice, just a message from the support "We unhold soon". After a couple of days I made a withdrawal attempt and it worked.

After all I've seen, BTC-e seems like a legitimate exchange, albeit slower than a cramped snail.

Activity: 294
Merit: 260
I've just had my account validated, and the money hold was lifted off.

There was no notice, just a message from the support "We unhold soon". After a couple of days I made a withdrawal attempt and it worked.

After all I've seen, BTC-e seems like a legitimate exchange, albeit slower than a cramped snail.
No, they are not replying to their support tickets. Lets hope they wont run away with the money.
legendary
Has anyone received a support ticket reply from BTC-e on this matter?  I haven't heard anything yet.  Got a lots of USD tied up.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It seems these days it is in vogue among "financial institutions" to solicit deposits of money and then hold it hostage subject to some onerous demands.

Hey scammer, are you gonna show your face to any btc meet?

I want to see your fat face in person.
Activity: 35
Just to chime in here, I too am having this issue with BTC-e. Wired the money and they deposited it into my account. Was able to trade to LTC. Now unable to withdraw LTC. Already verified account with passport and bank statement. Should we just wait out the 30 day mark?

"Money hold. 42866 min left"

Activity: 12
Has anyone successfully waited out the 30 day hold? I'm guessing not since this seems to be a recent thing. I think when BTC-e support replies "Fixed" they mean "fixed in 30 days, and oh hey thanks for the cash!"
got same problems. They decided to hold my coins for 26 days. It was only a small transfer off 500euro.Sent a ticket and waiting for reply. Also,  i have not got a utility bill. I dont have any bills except my rent and thats cash in hand. This has caused me problems at other exchanges.

I asked them for an alternative for a utility bill but they did not reply so I used house insurance (not sure if it works but will let everyone know once they reply).

For some other exchanges, you could use a bank statement, phone bill, tax papers, insurance...

i got none of those either. got pre paid phone, live in another country and work where the tax man cant find me so no insurance either. The bank dont know where i live and i like to keep it that way.
got same problems. They decided to hold my coins for 26 days. It was only a small transfer off 500euro.Sent a ticket and waiting for reply. Also,  i have not got a utility bill. I dont have any bills except my rent and thats cash in hand. This has caused me problems at other exchanges.

I asked them for an alternative for a utility bill but they did not reply so I used house insurance (not sure if it works but will let everyone know once they reply).

For some other exchanges, you could use a bank statement, phone bill, tax papers, insurance...
No reply yet, even though I reached out to all sources of communication to btc-e such as through PM on the forums here, Skype, and opened another support ticket.
Pages:
Jump to: