Pages:
Author

Topic: Wolf's XMR/BCN/DSH CPUMiner - 2x speed compared to LucasJones' - NEW 06/20/2014 - page 11. (Read 546897 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I'm trying to use this on dwarfpool to mine monero but it doesn't seem to be working. Other miners work fine.

Anyone else having issues?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
So what is the best miner for x11 right now and what speeds could one expect?

Not strictly on topic is it? :-)
And are you talking about cpu mining? In that case, forget x11.

CPU mining is only for XMG, Monero etc and BBR. X11 is too inefficient to CPU mine.

Darkcoin CPU Miner 1.3 is the fasted x11 miner I've found, but I agree cpu mining x11 is a waste.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0

CPU mining is only for XMG, Monero etc and BBR. X11 is too inefficient to CPU mine.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
CN is not only CPU mining by a long shot. GPUs will be able to do better than CPUs - in fact, they already do. BBR, on the other hand, might be actually GPU-resistant. That totally fucked blockchain-in-mah-scratchpad thing causes an ouch slow copy from host memory to GPU memory very often. On top of that, I don't think you can interrupt kernels sometimes - so you'd have to wait for the kernel to finish wasting its time hashing old data.

Nope BBR is not GPU resistant and is being mined with GPUs.

Yes, it's being mined with GPUs. But the GPU implementation is slower than a good CPU one.

Let's just say I'll respectfully disagree. Smiley

Indeed, we should agree to disagree on this one, as we don't have access to each other's... resources.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Could anyone provide an up-to-date info and/or opinion about CPU mining of XMR? This thread looks deserted, a little.
It was only the wind.
CN is not only CPU mining by a long shot. GPUs will be able to do better than CPUs - in fact, they already do. BBR, on the other hand, might be actually GPU-resistant. That totally fucked blockchain-in-mah-scratchpad thing causes an ouch slow copy from host memory to GPU memory very often. On top of that, I don't think you can interrupt kernels sometimes - so you'd have to wait for the kernel to finish wasting its time hashing old data.

Nope BBR is not GPU resistant and is being mined with GPUs.

Yes, it's being mined with GPUs. But the GPU implementation is slower than a good CPU one.
Activity: 437
Merit: 255
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Why do I get this warning when I try to download latest miner? Huh

What is the current listing status for ottrbutt.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 6 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 18 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-08-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-08-16.
Malicious software includes 41 trojan(s).

Same thought came to my mind !  Huh  Shocked

It's because my site hosts miner executables. Since botnets often use miners, they immediately flag ALL miners as malware.

I'd try opening a ticket with google and asking them to stop making false statements about your site (assuming of course that your site doesn't do that)
It was only the wind.

Oh, I see. Odd... maybe the older CPUs did hyperthreading better?

Maybe. Newer CPUs definitely dont like the default -t option.

I'm also getting a %10-%20 difference on a i7 4770 (210-230 when using -t 7 compared to 265-280 when using -t 4).

in one i5 laptop I get more hashes with -t 1 than with -t 3, for aes-ni cpus less threads means more performance.

Of course it could be correct. In case you have only 3MB cache memory on your processor then the -t 1 will be faster (see my previous post  with explanation). How much memory your processor has you can check eg. here: http://ark.intel.com/products/family/75024/4th-Generation-Intel-Core-i5-Processors#@All

Makes a lot of sense. There's no reason why you couldn't run more threads, but it would run a lot slower since it has to traipse out to main memory for the scratchpad all the damned time... but I wonder if the hardware prefetcher is smart enough to get that it should probably stuff the whole scratchpad in cache?

I do not know how exactly it works but this is one of the reasons why CryptoNight is declared as Only CPU-mining & ASIC-resistant. I am noob,  I posted here  information which I got from devs of BCN as you can see my Question on Github (because I thought that this is bug) https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/issues/23.
 .... and Wolfi thx for the miner in my case of i5-2500K @ 4.3 is about 15% faster (v. 05-30-2014) than Minergare client (v3.0) (on Minergate pool) Wink

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
If you are mining with GPUs, this thread might be of interest for those looking for new GPUs with nice discounts: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtn-interested-in-buying-brand-new-hddslaptopsgpus-w-great-discount-old-1207919

It is difficult to mine profitably with GPU nowadays.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
If you are mining with GPUs, this thread might be of interest for those looking for new GPUs with nice discounts: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtn-interested-in-buying-brand-new-hddslaptopsgpus-w-great-discount-old-1207919
It was only the wind.

Oh, I see. Odd... maybe the older CPUs did hyperthreading better?

Maybe. Newer CPUs definitely dont like the default -t option.

I'm also getting a %10-%20 difference on a i7 4770 (210-230 when using -t 7 compared to 265-280 when using -t 4).

in one i5 laptop I get more hashes with -t 1 than with -t 3, for aes-ni cpus less threads means more performance.

Of course it could be correct. In case you have only 3MB cache memory on your processor then the -t 1 will be faster (see my previous post  with explanation). How much memory your processor has you can check eg. here: http://ark.intel.com/products/family/75024/4th-Generation-Intel-Core-i5-Processors#@All

Makes a lot of sense. There's no reason why you couldn't run more threads, but it would run a lot slower since it has to traipse out to main memory for the scratchpad all the damned time... but I wonder if the hardware prefetcher is smart enough to get that it should probably stuff the whole scratchpad in cache?
Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 6 time(s) over the past 90 days.

Of the 18 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2015-08-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2015-08-16.

Same thought came to my mind !  Huh  Shocked
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now

What can you expect from cpu mining with the mid range Core i7 running Windows?

Solo mining of XMR still done or pools?
It was only the wind.
Updated readme.md and added some stuff to the OP.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
All I want is a new CLEAN page for just to live!
There any binary for FreeBSD 10.x 64bit ? also i have AES-ni supported cpu.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Hi,
I am trying to compile on Mac, but I receive this error when I 'make'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -pthread   -Qunused-arguments -falign-loops=16 -falign-functions=16 -falign-jumps=16 -falign-labels=16  -Ofast -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -funroll-loops -fvariable-expansion-in-unroller -ftree-loop-if-convert-stores -fmerge-all-constants -fbranch-target-load-optimize2 -fsched2-use-superblocks -maes   -MT minerd-cpu-miner.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/minerd-cpu-miner.Tpo -c -o minerd-cpu-miner.o `test -f 'cpu-miner.c' || echo './'`cpu-miner.c
clang: error: unknown argument: '-falign-loops=16' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a warning) in the future
clang: error: unknown argument: '-falign-jumps=16' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a warning) in the future
clang: error: unknown argument: '-falign-labels=16' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: error: unknown argument: '-fuse-linker-plugin' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: error: unknown argument: '-fvariable-expansion-in-unroller' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: error: unknown argument: '-ftree-loop-if-convert-stores' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: error: unknown argument: '-fbranch-target-load-optimize2' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: error: unknown argument: '-fsched2-use-superblocks' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
make[2]: *** [minerd-cpu-miner.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have the dependencies installed. 'autogen.sh' and 'configure' run without errors.

I am having the same issue as this person but I see no one has suggested a solution. Could someone help me out with this. I was told to use a makefile from cpuminer-multi and thought all I would need to do is copy it from there and paste into wolfs-m7m folder but when I attempted to configure/make it it only hit me with errors.

It's not meant for clang - use GCC, or remove the arguments clang takes issue with.

BTW I compiled it with clang on linux some months ago and it was slower.
Pages:
Jump to: