Pages:
Author

Topic: Wonder who this solominer is? 88.6.216.9 - page 17. (Read 60438 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
Yes, I published my fee policy recently Smiley

I tried to find it (your website, your thread in pools) and could not.  Link please? 

I think this is a good thing, pools and miners publishing fee policies.  To actually put a price (hopefully low) on speed and blockchain storage price will give incentives to reduce blockchain bloat. 
https://deepbit.net/help/6#6

Usually my free zone is big enough for all pending free TXes to fit.

Nice.  Seems reasonable. 
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

Good, clear, sane and simple policy.
donator
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
We have cookies
Yes, I published my fee policy recently :)

I tried to find it (your website, your thread in pools) and could not.  Link please? 

I think this is a good thing, pools and miners publishing fee policies.  To actually put a price (hopefully low) on speed and blockchain storage price will give incentives to reduce blockchain bloat. 

legendary
Activity: 1386
Yes, I published my fee policy recently Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
WTF... What does fee value have to do with someone mining blocks with no transactions besides the generation?

You're doing it wrong... The problem here is that the minted coins are above tx fee's tenfold(or should I say thousand fold?). To fix that we'll have to wait 40 years, not raise fees.

Get a grip, dudes... honestly!
donator
We have cookies
Yes, I published my fee policy recently :)
Activity: 325
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
A long term fix for the fees issue could be a protocol by which miners publish the service they can provide (estimated hashrate provided and corresponding time to process) and the minimal fee at which they are willing to take the job. So a gui user can select the most convenient offer for him when he sends the transaction. This way you can build a free market of transactions which will tend to autoregulate.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
We better make bitcoin as solid as possible before we really depend on it. People like Luke-Jr and ArtForz attacking alt-chains is part of this hardening-process.
I'm interested in knowing the details of what happened with the attacking of alt-chains by Luke-jr and ArtForz, can you please point me to the right threads, if this is has been already discussed elsewhere?

I didn't dig very deep, but here are some pointers for you:

maybe this helps you to research it a little further if you like.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician
So the whole problem is the potential threat no tx blocks are/could cause for the bitcoin community.

I like the idea where the halving cuts into profits for no tx's miners.

The other potential issue is a botnet mining BTC, fck'm.

How to treat a botnet operator:
Meat hooks tied to horses and inserted in the botops rectum, then yell to the horses, "Gidyup...HAA!"
Activity: 533
Good for the miners. It looks like they are pushing for higher fees.

If you give them 50BTC for mining the block, you better give them something comparable to record those transactions.

A transaction doesn't have a TTL, so if you store up a few thousand transactions with really small fees, you might be able to make a little money off of applying them all to one block.

Or, if you want to be abusive, you could save up all the free transactions and just record them all in one block many years from now.

Empty blocks should not be accepted if there are a certain number (value?) of waiting transactions.

This is the best idea I heard up to now. At least would keep the network working.

Accepting empty blocks is not a valid way to handle the situation, and their is no profit in doing so. Ignoring transactions is a way to signal users that they have to pay up. It would be great if miners had a way to advertise the price they would have accepted in fees.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Empty blocks should not be accepted if there are a certain number (value?) of waiting transactions.

This is the best idea I heard up to now. At least would keep the network working.
This would suck for those that might occasionally get partitioned off the main net, which happens occasionally. But if that were the problem, they probably wouldn't be getting valid blocks out in enough time anyway.

This is an interesting concept however, but I'm fairly sure it would be non-trivial to implement.
legendary
Activity: 1378
nec sine labore
higher fees could be a problem for developing countries.

I did say "suggest" (ie, the user could always override it, because he can anyway) and "for larger transactions".
Someone sending 1000BTC is not going to switch to western union when he is kindly asked to pay 0.1 BTC fees instead of 0.001. Whether he lives in Congo or Monaco doesnt change a thing either.

P4man,

I think that if fees are just suggested nobody will pay them even for big amounts.

Small fees work well if you have millions of transactions daily, at that point even a milliBTC fee is enough, but right now there is not such a volume of transactions going on, so you need very high fees to make it worth adding transactions to blocks.

spiccioli
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic

donator
We have cookies
Protocol change is not needed, anyone can configure fee amount in their clients according to current BTC rate.
But of course almost no one will. Its like asking people to pay their taxes voluntarily.
A protocol change might be a bridge too far, but it might not be a bad idea to have the default client at least  suggest a higher fee for larger transactions.
It's not similar to taxes at all. More like paying for a service. Usually you can't pay as much taxes as you want and get some services accordingly.

Fees aren't related to protocol, but yes, client's default setting considerably affects them.
People should be able to set zero fees if they are feeling lucky.
Activity: 199
This thread reminds me about another discussion that was talking about a hypotetical AI based on gaining bitcoins  Roll Eyes
actualy it's a useless reply but whatever  Wink

{SKYNET ONLINE}

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
This thread reminds me about another discussion that was talking about a hypotetical AI based on gaining bitcoins  Roll Eyes
actualy it's a useless reply but whatever  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

I did say "suggest" (ie, the user could always override it, because he can anyway) and "for larger transactions".
Someone sending 1000BTC is not going to switch to western union when he is kindly asked to pay 0.1 BTC fees instead of 0.001. Whether he lives in Congo or Monaco doesnt change a thing either.
Activity: 134
Why is it that suddenly blocks that have a higher height has was created before the current block? I've noticed this a few times in the last week. Unless blockchain.info's info is off.

http://i.imgur.com/FhVME.png
legendary
Activity: 1378
nec sine labore
Protocol change is not needed, anyone can configure fee amount in their clients according to current BTC rate.

But of course almost no one will. Its like asking people to pay their taxes voluntarily.
A protocol change might be a bridge too far, but it might not be a bad idea to have the default client at least  suggest a higher fee for larger transactions.

P4man,

spiccioli
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Pages:
Jump to: