Pages:
Author

Topic: Wondering how much my account is worth ? - page 2. (Read 637 times)

Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
January 17, 2023, 11:33:06 AM
I don't think a wise person would sell their account for a small amount of money. In my case, my account is priceless to me. And I think the original owner of each account has the same value of their ID. Moreover, account selling in forums is now considered as a kind of crime because many people only do signature campaigns through spam posts.

some members sell their accounts for various reasons: some are busy with work in the real world - aiming to deceive buyers or other members - some are because they no longer have passion in the forum. but whatever happens, don't ever sell your account or buy this forum account because it's certain that you won't benefit from it, you will lose instead, if you don't intend to be in this forum anymore, it's better to just leave your account silent.

However, according to the forum rules, it is said to be avoided even if it is not completely purified.  So I think don't sell your account for a small amount of money, if you sell it, I will though that you have slaughtered the duck that laid your golden egg.

sell/buy accounts on this forum are one of the prohibited activities. It is very easy to detect whether the account has changed hands because usually those who change the login email for this forum will be listed on their account and usually the one who changes the forum email is the buyer or the account that was hacked.
Activity: 812
Merit: 737
Living Life with Hemophilia🤡
January 16, 2023, 04:11:39 PM
I don't think a wise person would sell their account for a small amount of money. In my case, my account is priceless to me. And I think the original owner of each account has the same value of their ID. Moreover, account selling in forums is now considered as a kind of crime because many people only do signature campaigns through spam posts.
However, according to the forum rules, it is said to be avoided even if it is not completely purified.  So I think don't sell your account for a small amount of money, if you sell it, I will though that you have slaughtered the duck that laid your golden egg.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 451
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
January 16, 2023, 03:09:58 PM
I just noticed that people were selling their bitcointalk account here
And I am wondering how much mine would be worth  Huh
It is almost 10 years old !
Selling bitcoin accounts on bitcoin forums is strictly prohibited. Those who buy and sell accounts here cannot survive in the forum. Here's why you should be wondering how much your account is worth. So will you sell your account or have you purchased your account from someone else? According to your language, your question is like this. I would say the value of your account lies with you. Moreover, your account is worth zero to anyone else.
Activity: 938
Merit: 359
January 16, 2023, 02:31:13 PM
To me, my account is priceless. I have built up this account from the ground. To me, it's precious. And if I sell this to someone else, they might misuse it's rank and ruin my reputation. Even if I create a new account, I won't feel the same thrill what I feel using this one. So I will never sell this and i will advice you to do the same.
It's the proof of your handwork. Keep it safe to yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1323
January 16, 2023, 01:10:54 PM
Even if its price exceeds a thousand dollars, I do not advise you to sell your Bitcointalk account, because your account is old, its rank is good, and you can participate in signature campaigns and reap more than the funds that you would have received when you sold the account. The price of the Bitcointalk account depends on the quality of its posts and activities and on its trust, and there are many factors, and I believe that if you sold your old account and created a new account, you will not be able to get your rank, as it was in your old account for a short time, it may take many years, because of the new Merit system, as it is a system that allows members with valuable topics and posts only to get a specific number of Merits from other members then they get a new rank.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 5364
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️
January 15, 2023, 10:38:30 AM
2022/2023 Crisis? I will suggest you keep the account. I regretted selling one last 3 years.
---
Fortunately, the person who bought the account is using it to promote bounty related services

If you have already sold your BTT account, then you should have kept it to yourself, and not publicly brag about it, regardless of the fact that your reputation has already been destroyed. You could have written us the exact profile so that both of you can get a well-deserved award from the forum - because there is nothing positive in the fact that someone promotes various shitcoins projects through that account.
Activity: 672
Merit: 490
January 14, 2023, 05:22:26 PM
I still wonder what pushes some users to sell their account for a stipend that ain't worth it. Is it poverty, urge for immediate gratification, or lack of ideas to multi opportunities that one can accrue to himself here with such account. Or perhaps they see it as a business. I can't say!
It's a wrong decision deciding to sell off your account if you don't have use for it currently  but, as long as you're into crypto some day you might have need for it. Quit the idea mate.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 501
December 15, 2022, 05:58:11 PM

2022/2023 Crisis? I will suggest you keep the account. I regretted selling one last 3 years.

Fortunately, the person who bought the account is using it to promote bounty related services

Do you have youtube account? I'm willing to lend you some coin but, in return you will need to participate on my commentagging on youtube.

Activity: 882
Merit: 645
December 12, 2022, 01:19:02 PM
And I am wondering how much mine would be worth  Huh
Selling of account is not prohibited but discouraged and am sure you should know that with the log of time you've spent on the forum. In selling of account, there is a lot at stake and should be considered.

Your account is you and it tells of how well your reputation have been on the forum and people would always value your account as such.
Buying and selling is always an ask and bid so, you really get to quantify what it means to you and value it knowing that, you ain't just selling some user but, your selling a part of yourself, your reputation to be used as fit by someone else.

I would say, you shouldn't do that. Reputations aren't something that should be bought and sold.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Farewell LEO, you *will* be missed.
December 11, 2022, 06:37:52 AM
We are talking about a well-known account that ran most (if not all) of the signature campaigns of that period.

My memory is not always very reliable, I don't remember him. Back then I was on yahoo's hands at Bitsler.

So the average user who posts in spam boards will not be noticed.

I would look from the other direction. Imho you have just proven that (indeed, late, but still) it has his chance to get noticed.
Even more, I think that if one wants to buy an account in order to earn money from the forum, his long term goal would be to become more than an average spam board user, hence the bought account may blow up in his face.

But I guess that you consider me too gullible in this matter. One may want to take chances, some may not. One may take my advice into account, some not. No biggie.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3548
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
December 11, 2022, 04:45:37 AM

So no, sorry; I stand to my initial conclusion: it's stupid and shady.
@aTriz did it, you can read it here ---> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/confession-zapo-atriz-5043497
I did not remember the full details of the story, but I remember that the owner of the account was banned, so he bought the account and continued to work with it for several years.
We are talking about a well-known account that ran most (if not all) of the signature campaigns of that period.
So the average user who posts in spam boards will not be noticed.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1655
December 10, 2022, 06:31:32 PM

Long ago selling accounts was not a big problem. People didn't think that high level accounts can be used for scams. Signature campaigns were not the business they are now either.
Back then there was even a website that was calculating the worth of an account. But no longer.

Oh yeah, who would forget about that site:

Code:
http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/

Selling accounts is now stupid - although allowed officially, seller, buyer, the account to be sold will be tagged when caught. And it's a good step forward, since the reasons for such a deal can be at least shady, if not plain scam.
Plus now the merit system makes leveling up difficult for spammers, so the way the worth was calculated in 2013-2015 (I don't know the exact years) is different from what it would mean now.

All in all, it's very difficult to know how much it worth. And unless you want to get a no collateral loan (and then the lender will assess the worth and risks) or sell your account for a few bucks to an 1xbit spammer (yikes!) I am not sure why would you care...

Yes, the merit system really did it's job in the first place, not perfect but the system stop those account sellers here because there's no way of buying a newbie or member account that you cannot just age anymore, you need merits to rank it up.

So to the OP, it's not worth to try to sell your account.
legendary
December 02, 2022, 05:38:15 AM
Selling accounts is now stupid - although allowed officially, seller, buyer, the account to be sold will be tagged when caught. And it's a good step forward, since the reasons for such a deal can be at least shady, if not plain scam.
Plus now the merit system makes leveling up difficult for spammers, so the way the worth was calculated in 2013-2015 (I don't know the exact years) is different from what it would mean now.

Sometimes, let us assume, for example, a high-ranking member who has been banned for any reason or wants to increase his profits by having more than one account. Instead of waiting 8 months, he will buy an account and will not face a problem in ranking.
Also, spammers know that it is impossible for them to rank-up, so buying an account and participating in bounty campaigns is a good option.

Good... maybe as business. Apart of that is still shady. Background and writing style is changing. It's not the same person. Even more, it's ban evasion.
And maybe in a day or a year the deal is caught and the account tagged. If it took long enough, maybe there is ROI, but it's not guaranteed. The risk is very high.

Spammers... they may be fooling themselves that nobody would notice a smart and useful member, instead of improving over time, suddenly becomes spammer.
How long until the account is tagged and it's value drops to irrelevance?

So no, sorry; I stand to my initial conclusion: it's stupid and shady.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3548
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
December 02, 2022, 05:28:17 AM
Prices vary according to the quality of the account, its ability to enter signature campaigns and the points of trust in it, but it is a risk that is not worth it, especially if your motive is purely economic (scamming people or participating in signature campaigns)

By the way, in posting, the differences between ranks are almost non-existent.

Sometimes, let us assume, for example, a high-ranking member who has been banned for any reason or wants to increase his profits by having more than one account. Instead of waiting 8 months, he will buy an account and will not face a problem in ranking.
Also, spammers know that it is impossible for them to rank-up, so buying an account and participating in bounty campaigns is a good option.
legendary
November 29, 2022, 01:41:01 PM

Long ago selling accounts was not a big problem. People didn't think that high level accounts can be used for scams. Signature campaigns were not the business they are now either.
Back then there was even a website that was calculating the worth of an account. But no longer.

All in all, it's very difficult to know how much it worth. And unless you want to get a no collateral loan (and then the lender will assess the worth and risks) or sell your account for a few bucks to an 1xbit spammer (yikes!) I am not sure why would you care...
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 2802
November 29, 2022, 01:31:46 PM

it's not worth much, I believe that you can earn that amount in a month or two of participating in a signature campaign.
However, if you sell it, it can easily become worthless if such a transaction is recognized.

now I quoted your post as a reference, so in case there are doubts about the change of ownership of your account, it can be used as the fact that you once thought about the sale and value of your account.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
November 29, 2022, 05:19:17 AM
It may be worth a few million shitcoin amounts to a bounty hunter, but it's worthless even as collateral to borrow on this forum.

I was simply wondering what it was all about
It mostly about people who are economically desperate, they allow selling anything no matter what.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
🔰Buy/Sell Cryptocurrencies🔰
November 28, 2022, 06:56:09 PM
My advice, don't sell.
Not planning to ! :- Wink
It's a good decision.
Because there are a lot of ways to determine the changed hand account owner and your account becomes worth nothing when it's proven.
Plus another factor of a possible scam, this kind of transaction won't allow on this forum and you're not safe from making transactions outside because you can't use a trusted escrow that comes from this forum.

I have tagged a few newbie users who attempted to sell their main accounts and woke up from a deep dip sleep and posted a thread like this.
If I were you, don't attempt to sell your account.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1321
Slava Ukraini!
November 28, 2022, 04:32:49 PM
Well , no I did not know ! Actually I never thought it was a thing i would/could sell. I was browsing just the forum and I  noticed this kind of activity in threads.
There is probably not many things in this world which couldn't be sold for money. Bitcointalk accounts isn't exception. Especially considering that it can be monetized well through signature campaigns or used for scams.
You can browse through Invites & accounts section here to get image how much Bitcointalk accounts cost. Though, probably most of these users who sell accounts is scammers who don't really have accounts.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 643
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
November 28, 2022, 02:20:49 PM
You should know that it is not forbidden to sell BTT accounts

Well , no I did not know ! Actually I never thought it was a thing i would/could sell. I was browsing just the forum and I  noticed this kind of activity in threads.
Years ago account sales were not seen as something bad and during that time people use Bitcointalk Account price estimator to check the account worth but the site is down now though.
After some abusive use of the forum with a lot of scam activities, different ideas were brought up which include account sales just to maintain the forum's reputation and quality.
Pages:
Jump to: