Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made? - page 85. (Read 97039 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
With E1 in here that didn't invest and ignored the coin for too long.

Runner up would be the panic buy at 138 the other day....then the crash.  The hole where my heart should be is too young for this.  Eating and sleeping have become difficult.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Coin Generator
yeah I'm feeling sellers' remorse, but it's hindsight 20/20.  When most of us sold stuff, we had no idea what would happen, so don't feel too bad. Smiley   Remember that dude who bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 coins? Smiley 

My worst bitcoin decision might be pre-ordering a couple Jalapeños from Butterfly Labs. Smiley    Coins were approx $12ea when I pre-ordered, and now my coins are locked up there not doing anyone (but BFL) any good.  Refunding is done in dollars, so if I want a refund, my 26 coins that went to that would end up being approx 1.3. Sad 

source?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
About an hour ago...

Went ALL in at $135, we're down to 130... was down to 119(I use bitfloor)

ugh, what a crazy ride this is..
Activity: 609
yeah I'm feeling sellers' remorse, but it's hindsight 20/20.  When most of us sold stuff, we had no idea what would happen, so don't feel too bad. Smiley   Remember that dude who bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 coins? Smiley 

My worst bitcoin decision might be pre-ordering a couple Jalapeños from Butterfly Labs. Smiley    Coins were approx $12ea when I pre-ordered, and now my coins are locked up there not doing anyone (but BFL) any good.  Refunding is done in dollars, so if I want a refund, my 26 coins that went to that would end up being approx 1.3. Sad 
Activity: 29
Sent half of my bitcoins to a friend, to get him to try it out. He lost the private key.

There they lie: http://blockchain.info/address/1JzundL8uU2Mke4d85EQFbU49BcudQotuF forever inaccessible.

Also betting satoshidice 97%, I won, but payed more in fee than I got in winnings  Grin
Activity: 391
Merit: 333
Loaning out coins for small interest rates, then having people default on them. Could have a lot more coins right now if it wasn't for that.
Activity: 34
Mining ~300 coins and then selling for $10 a pop.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
Failing to buy a ton of Bitcoin when it was $5 last summer.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
1) Pirate
2) Johnathan Ryan Owens
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
llost the password of 480 btc when they were ~10-12 eur/btc.

(but made it with gambling on satoshi, started with 20, 2 days later there was 480 in my pocket)

But still sucks Sad since then quiteded btc and not going to enter the bubble again.

Do you know anything about the password? Was it a pass to an online wallet or did you encrypt using a Bitcoin client? Don't want to get your hopes up but  you can give it a try asking on the forums, maybe someone will be able to help.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
llost the password of 480 btc when they were ~10-12 eur/btc.

(but made it with gambling on satoshi, started with 20, 2 days later there was 480 in my pocket)

But still sucks Sad since then quiteded btc and not going to enter the bubble again.
Activity: 714
Not properly looking into bitcoin when I first heard about it around januari 2011 and forgetting about it for almost 2 years...
Those would have been some cheap coins...

+1
Sad

+2
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I will never forget my first mistake...  trusting some dude "Tawsix" and his bitcoin mining operation SIN... I lost the first 100+ coins I mined to him.

and GLBSE, but I don't blame Nefario.

I'm with you on this one.
Did the same mistake, although I only invested a few coins, which I completely lost...
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
If only I waited I could get 25k USD instead of 200
Also lost about 10k USD worth of coins on gambling. (Today's price)
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
wasting good BTC on g#$damn satoshidice.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1013
not buying in when i first heard about it.
Altough i think the best decision i made was to buy in after a year of consideration!
Activity: 763
For real-I've been looking into time travelling machines
counter argument: there are no TTMs because of the recent price rise. at least, not in our copy of the universe Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
For real-I've been looking into time travelling machines
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
not buying some coins and hitting up faucets when I first learned about them.  Back when the Bitcoin cross country roadtrip took place.  Not sure what the price was but I know it was crazy low.  I could have bought in and not really cared where it went and could have made some nice money.

I spent all my time researching what I thought was a great idea but hesitated and lost interest and obviously a great investment that would have made me a very happy person right now. 
Activity: 47
i heard of bitcoin about 1 year ago and started mining, but then i just forgot about it and returned 2 months agoright after ASICMiner started mining
Pages:
Jump to: