Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst bitcoin decision you've ever made? - page 86. (Read 97039 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
Gambling with BTC back when they were cheap. 

Leveraged trading on bitcoinica...those margin calls came quick, lol.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
Summer 2012. Diablo 3. I bought in game gold with bitcoin @ $3/btc - Spent 90 coins for 500 million in game gold.

IGG = 35 cents / million now.

I lose.

/wrist

Don't feel bad. Some probably bought pizza's when bitcoins were about $.02  Assume a $20+ pizza order. :-/

It's all hindsight. Few if anyone probably thought this would be this high. Even when it hit $35 over a year ago, it looked like a fluke. I'm now entertaining the idea that it really could go into the thousands one day. It's just beginning. Assume no government attempting any kind of intervention, then why would it stop expanding usage? And more usage seems to imply consequently the price going up?
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Gambling (and losing) my first 2 BTC on satoshi dice.

Needless to say, I haven't gambled since, and don't plan on doing so.   Cheesy
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Not buying more BTC when it dove under $5.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I make pretty things.
Keeping a chunk of coins on GLBSE.

qq
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Not buying enough when it was $10/ coin.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
I don't think the "didn't buy more when the price was cheaper" counts... That's just obvious, and true of lots of things.

I guess mine would be leaving 5 BTC on betco.in for months when I knew it was a 2-bit (no pun) site that could get hacked. But BTC was under $5 then, so I didn't care too much. (obviously it got hacked; coins gone).
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Bought 20BTC for $14USD April 2011.

Should have bought a thousand - I'd be able to pay off my house.

Activity: 173
btcmy.net
Sold 3000 btc within 2-month..
Activity: 146
In da Jungle!
Putting school first!  Never put school before HELPING TO CHANGE THE WORLD...and making yourself silly rich in the process!!!

The 'ol saying, school makes you (kids) dumb and poor, worked on me!!!  I found out about bitcoin at $0.30, I immediately knew it was an AWESOME thing.. but due to exams, and thesis work, I couldn't focus to buy/mine them... and focused on school instead... oh, of course exams were over and I started buying at $30

So, I am still poor, and REALLY STUPID!  Cheesy

No regrets though, since I don't feel this is ALL about me, this is a REAL REVOLUTION and I am glad it is ROLLING ALONG! Smiley

But instead of being a BOULDER, I am a little pebble rolling on along with it! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
I will never forget my first mistake...  trusting some dude "Tawsix" and his bitcoin mining operation SIN... I lost the first 100+ coins I mined to him.

and GLBSE, but I don't blame Nefario.
Activity: 188
Merit: 108
That I did not got in when I intended - in fall 2012. At that time it was about 10USD a piece Sad
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
Not properly looking into bitcoin when I first heard about it around januari 2011 and forgetting about it for almost 2 years...
Those would have been some cheap coins...
Almost the same here, except I mined a few coins and then forgot all about bitcoin soon after.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I should have sold more bodily fluids to buy Bitcoin.
Activity: 182
1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf
April 01, 2013, 09:57:19 AM
selling any of my bitcoins
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
April 01, 2013, 09:51:10 AM
Putting 300 BTC in Bitcoinica, leveraging 10x hoping it would go up, and see some crazy dude put several thousand BTC and leverage himself 10x to go down (crashing me, and a lots of other people with it... we all got liquidated, I ended negative even... and the crazy dude if I remember well scored several thousand USD in profit).
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
April 01, 2013, 09:48:13 AM
My only regret is not spending my life savings on Bitcoin back when I first learned about it, when it was going for $15 a piece.

Oh well.

IMHO you should never do that! It is still an experiment!
legendary
Activity: 854
April 01, 2013, 09:47:33 AM
Not properly looking into bitcoin when I first heard about it around januari 2011 and forgetting about it for almost 2 years...
Those would have been some cheap coins...

Same here  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
April 01, 2013, 06:33:51 AM
1. Failing to finish setting up a mining on my desktop when i first heard about it (late 2010 ~25c a coin) started got distracted, forgot about it and ended up paying $1 a coin when i finally bought in in feb 2011
2. Bitcoinica Wink
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
April 01, 2013, 01:37:46 AM
I put every item in stock on a -25% sale during April 1.st, not sure how bad it'll get but I am a bit anxious right now. Apart from that I guess I should of have gone full retard on bitcoin earlyer, 10/10 hindsight.
Pages:
Jump to: