Pages:
Author

Topic: Worst mistake you did with Bitcoin? - page 57. (Read 135170 times)

Activity: 778
Merit: 500
March 06, 2016, 05:58:12 PM
I have made many mistakes with Bitcoin. First of all, I bought 4 Bitcoins when the price went up to $1000. I also gambled away 0.7 Bitcoins, I am a very stupid person.

At least you didn't put them in mtgox right?

I traded away 2 bitcoins within 10 minutes on a bad altcoin trade, that sucked pretty hard but nothing like mtgox.

Gox was really bad. It hit me quite hard. Over 1 bitcoin was lost. At that time bitcoin was 1k so yes it really hurt me.
Hope it will never again to anyone. It's really a bad feelings when you lose 1k of your hard earned money.
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
March 06, 2016, 05:32:05 PM
The worst mistake I made was when I was buying a large amount of bitcoins but it was high priced.
I thought the price would be go much higher but it lowered so that was a huge mistake to invest on that time.

Yes, but we cannot call it as a mistake as the price keeps on moving up and down, and we cannot predict what is the best price to buy, but now the only thing you can do to recover your loss is to hold it until the price skyrockets.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 06, 2016, 05:11:49 PM
The worst mistake I made was when I was buying a large amount of bitcoins but it was high priced.
I thought the price would be go much higher but it lowered so that was a huge mistake to invest on that time.
Activity: 546
March 06, 2016, 05:11:06 PM
I have made many mistakes with Bitcoin. First of all, I bought 4 Bitcoins when the price went up to $1000. I also gambled away 0.7 Bitcoins, I am a very stupid person.

At least you didn't put them in mtgox right?

I traded away 2 bitcoins within 10 minutes on a bad altcoin trade, that sucked pretty hard but nothing like mtgox.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
March 06, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
the biggest mistake I ever did was join
the gambling, I lost a lot of money so
Activity: 48
March 06, 2016, 03:37:15 PM
The biggest mistake I have ever done was when I bought 150 dollars worth bitcoins, exchanged them for PPC and didnt realised that at that time in 2013 they there at their peak. From that point they just rocketed down. I was waiting for the Exchange rate to get higher in order to get back the bittcoins, however the rate was just getting lower and lower, so pretty much I messed so hard that I couldnt recover. After that time, for a year I didnt invest my own Money, just playing with faucets etc.
Activity: 560
March 06, 2016, 03:04:44 PM
The recent mistake i had done were install electrum into my computer,without get the seed keys,without any backup and my pc hard disk burned ,maybe i can recover the file but i doubt soo i lost 0,03btc because i were lazy to make the things rights to avoid any loss.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
March 06, 2016, 02:11:59 PM
Not buying and mining more. Was in the game when GPU mining was almost profitable, but after ridiculous price increases, it turns out it would have been highly profitable. But just buying more would have been best. Also a big mistake to not go for coding a coin flip site before anyone else did. I was discussing it with people like a year before Satoshi Dice became insanely popular.
Activity: 182
Pollak
March 06, 2016, 09:27:09 AM
The worst mistake that I ever did so far is not updating my bitcoin core wallet everyday, it really bothers me when I have to transfer some funds and needs to update and the update would take very long.. but lesson learned already, I am now doing a daily update...just to make sure that my wallet is at sync...

LOL..I was Sending to the wrong bitcoin address. Luckily, it wasn't a too big amount, I think it was 0.03 only.

This happened me too. I was doing multiple things at a time. And was not paying enough attention.
Then i mistakenly transferred .1 BTC to a wrong address. Lucky for me the company paid it back to me.
Activity: 224
March 06, 2016, 08:53:00 AM
Worst mistake was to gamble with it.
yeah almost everyone mistake is gamble. it proves that gambling only harms. and the only people who really fortunate to be won

Yeah, majority of us have gambled their bitcoins when we were new into bitcoin world, as we wanted to make quick money, and gambling with bitcoins is very easy, so we all tried our luck on it, but majority of us have lost.
Activity: 434
March 06, 2016, 08:34:38 AM
The worst mistake that I ever did so far is not updating my bitcoin core wallet everyday, it really bothers me when I have to transfer some funds and needs to update and the update would take very long.. but lesson learned already, I am now doing a daily update...just to make sure that my wallet is at sync...

LOL..I was Sending to the wrong bitcoin address. Luckily, it wasn't a too big amount, I think it was 0.03 only.
Activity: 294
March 06, 2016, 08:23:43 AM
yeah almost everyone mistake is gamble. it proves that gambling only harms. and the only people who really fortunate to be won
Activity: 266
March 06, 2016, 08:03:29 AM
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
March 06, 2016, 02:52:53 AM
The worst thing I've done with BTC is use an online wallet and lost a lot from it. I also gambled some BTC away but nothing major.

In my newbie time I also did a mistake in bitcoin. I just wanted to purchased bitcoin but

unfortunately my deal was with a fake guy, I sent him 200$ and he never replied me again. this is the worst mistake I have did in my life. and now I am very careful about bitcoin
Activity: 658
March 06, 2016, 12:47:42 AM
I first think guilt is probably because you're not sell when the price is above $ 1,000 because it was too long to hold. apparently because of gambling. lol
I see you often say that. dont gambling with amount that you can afford to lose. say it is easier man Tongue
Activity: 51
March 05, 2016, 11:08:43 PM
The worst thing I've done with BTC is use an online wallet and lost a lot from it. I also gambled some BTC away but nothing major.
Activity: 420
March 05, 2016, 08:32:10 PM

I feels your pain brother

Gambling your precious bitcoins WILL NOT make america great again :/

In other news, please sign up to Primedice using my referral link on my avatar !,!
Activity: 378
March 05, 2016, 06:33:54 PM
Activity: 378
March 05, 2016, 06:32:33 PM
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 05, 2016, 06:26:41 PM
The only mistake I made with bitcoin is that I adopted it too late but than it takes me mistakes to learn good things I am happy that I am late instead of never.Now my only concern is to get as many btc as I can

Same boat as 99% here
Pages:
Jump to: