Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 19. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
I think that everything will be so banal and simpler that we do not even realize it. The fact is that there will be no electricity and internet, and hence there will be no crypto currency. As always, gold and silver are valuable.
It is likely that in such a scenario in which people are struggling to survive that not even gold and silver will have a lot of value, think about it, gold and silver have great value if the civilization is still standing, but if everyone is struggling for basic resources then it is way more likely that other stuff will be more valuable, we have seen this in modern armed conflicts people that have survived those kind of events have said that things like food, medicines, water or even toilet paper are more valuable than gold and silver.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
It depends on the global disaster. We can never really say, let's just hope for the best. But here are my thoughts about it, when it comes to the economy, the value may decrease if money will no longer have its worth. This may happen if the cost of living goes up and wages are still the same rate or lower, people would rather trade their items than to use the money for it. But if the economy and good relationship with other countries are right, its value will increase.
Activity: 379
Merit: 100
I think it may depend on the extent of the disaster. In the case of war, the price of bitcoins may rise in a short period of time if the larger war has caused economic tension to rise, but if there is a world wide war or a war enough to destroy the network, then the digital currency will not. Once again, there will be no bitcoin at that time. I think the Internet is the root of bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
most likely if a major natural disaster occurs in parts of the country, certainly no one will make transactions using blockchain technology because everyone is busy and do not have time to do work activities using internet services, even internet connection in the world would be disturbed so that a great natural disaster capable of bringing a great impact on bitcoin price movements due to the absence of people doing online activities.
Activity: 512
Merit: 11
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
It will depend entirely on the scope of the disaster, you are talking about wars, if the war you are talking is a local one whether it's a civil war or a war between two small countries then the value of bitcoin should not be affected, but if it was a very big war like a world war then the price of bitcoin will be affected and will probably go down and the reason for it is that in those kind of circumstances people change their priorities and speculating with bitcoin will not be at the top of the list, keeping yourself warm and well fed will be a lot more important for everyone.
I think that everything will be so banal and simpler that we do not even realize it. The fact is that there will be no electricity and internet, and hence there will be no crypto currency. As always, gold and silver are valuable.
Activity: 178
Merit: 5
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

I think this has nothing to do with price changes in the crypto market. I think a change of value will occur when many people sell or buy coins. which usually happens when there is good or bad news about crypto.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Hi ! First message here.

I think  that Bitcoin will decrease, cause you know if it's a war , the people will go further on primary needs like food, clothes, a shelter and eventually money, but not cryptocurrencies..more like cash.And maybe all this crypto world will disappear cause the people will not be so interest in the internet, more to survival, i think.And this is valid even for a great natural disaster.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Hi ! First message here.

It will depend entirely on the scope of the disaster, you are talking about wars, if the war you are talking is a local one whether it's a civil war or a war between two small countries then the value of bitcoin should not be affected, but if it was a very big war like a world war then the price of bitcoin will be affected and will probably go down and the reason for it is that in those kind of circumstances people change their priorities and speculating with bitcoin will not be at the top of the list, keeping yourself warm and well fed will be a lot more important for everyone.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Main disaster is speculative capital, on how much speculative capital in the market depends increase/decrease value of bitcoin. Big speculations etc  Lips sealed
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
I believe it will have drastic and sudden effects and impacts on bitcoins and other markets
worldwide. With BTC we can expect dips when a global disaster happens, Bitcoins and altcoins
prices would even plunge whenever there are hacks, fuds, dumps, scams and other negative
stuff about crypto and market on the net and news, that's nothing compared to a global calamity
and disaster. I think Bitcoins are susceptible to such changes and effects as humans and people
are with what goes on with the world.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
In the case of large wars or great natural disasters, I do not think that the crypto currency will retain its importance. Even if there is still an Internet, and its disappearance under global cataclysms is quite possible, it is unlikely that anyone will want to calculate in bitcoin or in another crypto currency. More truly, the sellers of the goods will not want to accept the crypto currency. In such difficult times, even gold falls in price, and value is acquired by specific physical things, objects and even products. Then, barter is more valued, money and values ​​fall in value.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
I think it would disrupt and somehow have a effect on bitcoin's value and with fiat
as well. Global disasters that has great impact on economies and with people will
have lasting complications and problems. A lot of things could seriously go wrong
when catastrophes and disasters happen, the financial market is surely susceptible
to such situations. Hopefully in the future, it won't impair or have grave effects
with cryptocurrency.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
I really hope that no global catastrophe will happen and we will not have to discuss how it will affect the price of crypto currencies.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Hi ! First message here.

Depends on the situation on what happened of the community if the global disaster strike and if the impact got things worst from that natural calamity ,bitcoin for sure will affected and people wont bother to care about the price wether it encrease or decrease of its value.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
So far we can see that in countries with hyperinflation and where there was tension with the threat of local military conflicts, the price of bitcoin and other crypto currencies rose sharply in value. If there is a global catastrophe, then they are usually valued for real physical things and objects that will be needed in everyday life. It is unlikely that then someone will choose bitcoin instead of some warm clothes, an ax or another instrument. With global cataclysms, money depreciates, barter becomes very important. I think that then bitcoin and other crypto currency will not be necessary to anyone, even if there is still an Internet.
if something serious happens on the planet, only precious and precious metals will remain valuable. All the paper money, and the more electronic ones will simply disappear and disappear.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
So far we can see that in countries with hyperinflation and where there was tension with the threat of local military conflicts, the price of bitcoin and other crypto currencies rose sharply in value. If there is a global catastrophe, then they are usually valued for real physical things and objects that will be needed in everyday life. It is unlikely that then someone will choose bitcoin instead of some warm clothes, an ax or another instrument. With global cataclysms, money depreciates, barter becomes very important. I think that then bitcoin and other crypto currency will not be necessary to anyone, even if there is still an Internet.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
when the global disaster will happen this will lead to decrease in the price of the cryptocurrencies because at that time people will try to sell their coins so that they can hold the money for their daily needs. when the supply will increase then the value will automatically decrease, even the government will also try to stop trading and start focusing on the maintaining the country
Activity: 126
Merit: 59
Maybe due to economic collapse which could possibly bring devastation to fiats, they might convert their money to BTC to protect their wealth which, in return, would drive its price up. Though, on the other hand, it can be that they might withdraw their investment to fuel their survival prowess or exchange it to some solid investment like gold maybe? Not so sure about that. One thing is for sure, the population would greatly be decreased if a great natural disaster or big wars happen.

People usually run away from speculative assets when bad things start happening, be it a natural disaster like a war - well, sort of - or more like an economic crisis or collapse. But I agree that Bitcoin may in fact be different from other speculative assets due to its universal nature. If things go bad economically in some small country, the population there may be willing to pick up crypto as a safe haven asset like it happened in Venezuela.
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
Hi ! First message here.

It is still depends on where country that disaster will landfall. But I think there will be effects if this happens and for me bitcoin price will increase. For example 50% of bitcoin holders are affected of a disaster. In my own understanding how bitcoin price works is when the supply of bitcoin is high, bitcoin price will decrease but when bitcoin supply is in demand that's the time that it will decrease. So in our example lets say that all the telecommunications network are affected in that disaster even internet service providers, the demand of bitcoin will get slow and the supply will increase.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
I think that global disaster will increase the price of bitcoin because physical threat can not harm bitcoin. People will try to save their properties by exchange their money into bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Digital assets are the best way to save money during a disaster
Pages:
Jump to: